Covering Ground...My Secret Technique Revealed.

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones
Really there could not have been another coin in the plug???? ??? Or the dirt thrown aside??? ???

Greg as for there being another coin in the plug, its possible but unlikely or else you would of heard it on the video, the deal with the explorers are your running on mutli frequency the whole time so if there where two targets there you would hear two beeps one nice high clear tone for the good coin (wheat,silver) and then a slight off tone for the clad or trash even if they where near on top of each other with only a few inches in depth between them.

Now as for pulling out a couple off handfuls of dirt first before checking the hole that's just Dan's way of not messing around to long, he knew the good target was deep so why mess around with the first few inches of dirt when you know you gotta get down 8" +.

BTW he does recheck the hole and dirt after the good signal has been recovered just in case theres a zinc or something he missed.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
goldenapples said:
Really there could not have been another coin in the plug???? ??? Or the dirt thrown aside??? ???

Greg as for there being another coin in the plug, its possible but unlikely or else you would of heard it on the video, the deal with the explorers are your running on mutli frequency the whole time so if there where two targets there you would hear two beeps one nice high clear tone for the good coin (wheat,silver) and then a slight off tone for the clad or trash even if they where near on top of each other with only a few inches in depth between them.

Now as for pulling out a couple off handfuls of dirt first before checking the hole that's just Dan's way of not messing around to long, he knew the good target was deep so why mess around with the first few inches of dirt when you know you gotta get down 8" +.

BTW he does recheck the hole and dirt after the good signal has been recovered just in case theres a zinc or something he missed.

I would hope the hole and dirt thrown to the side....as well as the plug are being checked...I would not call it rechecked if it was never checked the first time... I missed the secret that was revealed....also maybe you could explain to me what the rush is...I pinpoint and recover quickly myself...but it sure looks in that video like you guys were in a big hurry!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX-Gregg said:
goldenapples said:

I would hope the hole and dirt thrown to the side....as well as the plug are being checked...I would not call it rechecked if it was never checked the first time...

Gregg,
I'm sure if you've seen Dan's posts, and all the silver he finds, he knows what he is doing. This post started out as something fun to watch and enjoy, so I don't see the need to keep on sucking the life out of it, as I've seen done on some other members posts.
Did he try to slam you and your 10,000 coin post? I doubt it.
-MM-

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
ModernMiner said:
DFX-Gregg said:
goldenapples said:

I would hope the hole and dirt thrown to the side....as well as the plug are being checked...I would not call it rechecked if it was never checked the first time...

Gregg,
I'm sure if you've seen Dan's posts, and all the silver he finds, he knows what he is doing. This post started out as something fun to watch and enjoy, so I don't see the need to keep on sucking the life out of it, as I've seen done on some other members posts.
-MM-

Actually I thought saying I liked the even sweep was a compliment! As an instructional video...or for revealing a secret though... I would really like to know the secret...and have not received anything close to an answer... Apparently you understand the secret thought right??? Explain it to me, thanks.

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
DFX-Gregg, seriously, don't hate on a GREAT wilver seeker. I doubt anyone can recover a coin as quickly as my good bud, Dan. He definitely flings his coil over the target, digs a lot of dirt out in no time, and picks the coin up before anyone can say, "Have you located that artifact yet?" :D

BDD...Kirk

P.S. The secret is in his metal detecting aura. Hint: he is born with it. :D ;D

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
KirkPA said:
DFX-Gregg, seriously, don't hate on a GREAT wilver seeker. I doubt anyone can recover a coin as quickly as my good bud, Dan. He definitely flings his coil over the target, digs a lot of dirt out in no time, and picks the coin up before anyone can say, "Have you located that artifact yet?" :D

BDD...Kirk

P.S. The secret is in his metal detecting aura. Hint: he is born with it. :D ;D

Kirk I try not to hate anyone...not my style bud... obviously the detector itself should get some credit...no doubt a fast recovery of the coin...but I am hearing from a ton of people that the Minelab's go deep...I am thinking I do not even need to go as deep as Dan... If I can get 8.0...I bet I get get some nice quality silver...but a few good pieces of gold would be worth a lot more... Also I would think a speedy recovery would be better for someone searching for clad...I would think silver recoveries even at 500...600 whatever a year still works out to 2 a day...so why the rush and the secret is???

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX-Gregg said:
ModernMiner said:
DFX-Gregg said:
goldenapples said:

Gregg,
-MM-

Actually I thought saying I liked the even sweep was a compliment! As an instructional video...or for revealing a secret though... I would really like to know the secret...and have not received anything close to an answer... Apparently you understand the secret thought right??? Explain it to me, thanks.

No Gregg, I do not know "the secret" and could care less what it is really, because I own a Tesoro. I personally just liked watching the video of Dan digging up the coin. I wasn't worried about his plug or if he properly placed his dirt on a mat. Perhaps you could post the proper technique up of how Dan should have done it?
I've seen you badger other members on TN too besides Dan. Why do you feel the need to do this? These are some of the finest TN members we have, and I'm sure they know what they are doing. Be happy, and enjoy the hobby.
-MM-

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
ModernMiner said:
DFX-Gregg said:
ModernMiner said:
DFX-Gregg said:
goldenapples said:

Gregg,
-MM-

No Gregg, I do not know "the secret" and could care less what it is really, because I own a Tesoro. I personally just liked watching the video of Dan digging up the coin. I wasn't worried about his plug or if he properly placed his dirt on a mat. Perhaps you could post the proper technique up of how Dan should have done it?
I've seen you badger other members on TN too besides Dan. Why do you feel the need to do this? These are some of the finest TN members we have, and I'm sure they know what they are doing. Be happy, and enjoy the hobby.
-MM-

You sound real happy...don't tell me what to do... I watched the video because I am purchasing another detector next year...if there was something that could help me I would like to know...I missed it...would like to know what it is...

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Captn_SE said:
Seasons Greetings Fellow Tnetters,

Well, I thought about withholding this short video, because it reveals a secret technique that I've developed with my SE,
Good luck,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Anyone know the secret?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX-Gregg said:
ModernMiner said:
DFX-Gregg said:
ModernMiner said:
DFX-Gregg said:
goldenapples said:

Gregg,
-MM-

-MM-

You sound real happy...don't tell me what to do... I watched the video because I am purchasing another detector next year...if there was something that could help me I would like to know...I missed it...would like to know what it is...
;D ;D ;D ;)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Certainly an interesting way to cover more ground quicker Dan. It's always good to experiment with different ways of doing things because once in a while, we hit on something that works. When it works, keep doing it, don't analyze it too much, just keep doing it.

I see the machine being a bit more stable maybe not being swung traditionally, but walked along. Sort of like when I walk along the edge of a play area or hold the detector along the ground while walking to a different area at a site.

Thanks for sharing Dan! I REALLY enjoy your videos. It's cool to see your talents at work. You siad this was taken after 9 hours of hunting... that speaks volumes. You work it hard out there buddy. 600 plus silvers is possible... but you have to be willing to work it hard, long days, many of them. Keep it going buddy, good luck and thank you!

It's the holidays, so everyone smile just a little more. ;D ;D

:) BDoo

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan,
I took the day off work to analyze your video over and over to try to figure out what you "secret" was.
I think I've finally figured it out!!! Your movements look like some variation of Kirks famous chicken dance.
Therefore, I think your secret is your 11 herbs and spices you use. ;D
Did I get it? ;)
-MM-

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
ModernMiner said:
Dan,
I took the day off work to analyze your video over and over to try to figure out what you "secret" was.
I think I've finally figured it out!!! Your movements look like some variation of Kirks famous chicken dance.
Therefore, I think your secret is your 11 herbs and spices you use. ;D
Did I get it? ;)
-MM-

Very true. DFX-Gregg, there is your answer. :D

BDD...Kirk

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Even this dude knows the secret. :D :D :D

DFX-Gregg, there is your answer. :D

BDD...Kirk

P.S. DFX-Gregg, if you get that SE, you will be saying, "I want to be Captn_SE." (instead of, "I want to be Bob Dylan) :D

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones
KirkPA love the video dude that is the secret Silver dance ;D

Thanks to everyone else who enjoyed and surrported this video, stay posted there's more to come

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
goldenapples said:
KirkPA love the video dude that is the secret Silver dance ;D

Thanks to everyone else who enjoyed and surrported this video, stay posted there's more to come

you are welcome! :)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all that asked for the "secret"... The "secret" is not how much you dance with the detector, or do backflips, or anything else...the "secret" to finding that much silver is location. Having sites that are expansive enough, with enough silver still in them, and enough free time to go detectin several times a week at least, and having a machine capable of getting the deep silvers. Simple as that. The Captn himself said in his reply above that this year's silver total would probably not be equalled in the future--because the sites begin to give less and less. I know that you're one hell of a coin shooter, Captn. No one can argue that. And I enjoyed your video a great deal. But to be honest, if you stood on your head and strapped the machine to your feet I wouldn't copy your technique. We've all gotta go with what works for us. So I'll stick with what works for me--and I won't share those secrets ;)

One thing is for sure--you'll be alive and diggin' silver at age 90 with all that exercise. ;) :D

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
DFX-Gregg, you haven't answered my question yet. If you get the SE, was Dan the reason why? Come on, you can admit it. :) :D :D ;D

BDD...Kirk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread