Crazy Copper Count + GEO III Silver + Artillery B.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have to say it was an awesome day, from firsts, to records broke.

7 Am till about 2 me and ZDD hit only one site, as it was large, up and down the hill I am fairly burnt physically, and sun wise.

As he said I noticed him seemingly staying in one area for some time I scouried up the hill, hit a high tone at about 4 feet per swing, (8mph) and out popped a blackened Silver. I had thought it older than it is probably because of condition,(glad I have a better one) Up and down the hill for drinks everytime more Copper. I was up to 10 when Dave needed a drink. He was determined to stay till I had my new record. (Thanks Dave)

Lets cut the story to the chase.

Ended up with 12 colonial coppers (new record),
The Silver is 1817 Geo III six pence, a first artillery button (1790-1802 ? yeah!), a first British farthing 1799, which happens to be the best condition of the lot, I like that.

Coincidentailly when coming back down the hill at also about 4 feet per swing I got the artillery button. How strange is that. Like the speed of the Tek detector.

Sure I'm forgetting something...oh yeah first ram rod guide of this type, two "thingies".

Attachments

• find13-18a.JPG
    find13-18a.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 153
  • find13-18b.JPG
    find13-18b.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 148
  • find13-18c.JPG
    find13-18c.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 154
  • find13-18d.JPG
    find13-18d.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 148
  • find13-18g.JPG
    find13-18g.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 10

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice finds congrats HH

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a day, one of the best for sure. In one week Rick we managed to get a silver from the 1600s, 1700s, and now the 1800s covering the 3 major powers in North America, France, Spain, and England how cool is that.
ZDD

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a hunt Rick congrats! nobody deserves it more than you bud, you put in the time.
I'm as green as one of those coppers with envy lol

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Rick, you guys are tearing it up! Love your artillery button! The rampipe looks like a Brown Bess.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at those beautiful ole coppers and sweet Military button...and with a field that size I can just imagine that there is an old Rev War button in there somewhere!
Keep the finds coming in and you've come a long way since your first post..Congrats

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Records are meant to broken!

You are having some big number days for sure, and I wouldn't say your done with that site yet. Old silver is always nice to see, good luck in your future hunts!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Rick that's a really great score. I'm new to detecting and was wondering if you had any tips on how to track down such a great place to hunt as you obviously have found. I've started doing some research in my town to try and find some good spots but haven't found anything yet. HH

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
My congrats to you for many nice finds and for your record setting day. I'm surprised you guys were able to pull yourself off that site with that much daylight left.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hunts like this that make us love this hobby so much! Thanks for the inspiration.:thumbsup:

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic post! Awesome finds. 12 Colonials! 8-)

I love that old silver. That button is bad ass. Your finds never cease to amaze me!

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You tore it up with this hunt, getting all those coppers and a little silver for an icing, nice going.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a great post to read. Some fantastic finds for you, and congrats on the new copper record. I like the 1799!

I have "half" of a ramrod thimble like that. Never could find the rest of it in the plowed field.

Nice photo of the hill too. Helped me picture how it all went down.

Cheers,

Buckles

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice guy... you ran up the hill to swipe his Brit. silver... which was obviously next after his French and Spanish. But he did have to be stopped!

Wish I had a time machine because that hunt is much closer to how our average hunt was years ago, than how it is now. So enjoy it while it lasts because unfortunately those good sites don't grow back!

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice guy... you ran up the hill to swipe his Brit. silver... which was obviously next after his French and Spanish. But he did have to be stopped!

Wish I had a time machine because that hunt is much closer to how our average hunt was years ago, than how it is now. So enjoy it while it lasts because unfortunately those good sites don't grow back!

I know what your saying, pretty easy to run past a random drop in 25 acres.

A time machine would be great, as well a wrist watch transporter.

No they don't "grow back", which makes it suprising what people keep turning up.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My congrats to you for many nice finds and for your record setting day. I'm surprised you guys were able to pull yourself off that site with that much daylight left.

Would love to have stayed, but out of water, many trips up and down a pretty big hill, and 7 hours of near cement hard digging was enough for one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread