What's new

Dang its ugly

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I havent posted this one yet due to it being so ugly, lol. But what type is it? It looks ground down at the base, 1.5 inches in length, 1 inch wide and I believe it has a fire pop on one side near the tip, IDK. Found in N Ga. Thanks for some help on it, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_3585.webp
    100_3585.webp
    164.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_3586.webp
    100_3586.webp
    185.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_3587.webp
    100_3587.webp
    114.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 100_3588.webp
    100_3588.webp
    159.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_3590.webp
    100_3590.webp
    173.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_3591.webp
    100_3591.webp
    178 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0
Wacissa?
Duck stunner? LOL.
 
I can't call that ugly. In fact, I think it's one of your better recent post, or anyone's recent post for that matter. I don't think it is a fire pop in it, but instead an iron deposit that has rusted or weathered out of it. This is truly a cool little piece. It is a rework for sure. It looks like it was modified in a manner that would allow for a different type of hafting. If you notice the stem is thick and looks like an upside down "Y". At the fork in the "Y" a flake was reduced, giving this ugly duckling a bit after hafting. I think this point was reworked and used as a small adze or chopper of some sort. Nice one any way Rock! Glad you got out and worked some of that boredom out.
 
its a kind of metal..a palladium..
 
I can't call that ugly. In fact, I think it's one of your better recent post, or anyone's recent post for that matter. I don't think it is a fire pop in it, but instead an iron deposit that has rusted or weathered out of it. This is truly a cool little piece. It is a rework for sure. It looks like it was modified in a manner that would allow for a different type of hafting. If you notice the stem is thick and looks like an upside down "Y". At the fork in the "Y" a flake was reduced, giving this ugly duckling a bit after hafting. I think this point was reworked and used as a small adze or chopper of some sort. Nice one any way Rock! Glad you got out and worked some of that boredom out.
I was almost thinking it might of had the part near the tip removed and then turned around and hafted to a handle and then used as a tool? Seeing it was sharpened down to a nub. The same way my thumb is holding it in the pic. Almost like a fluted piece. Wouldnt you know I finally find one with the little legs still on it and it is damn UGLY 8-)
 
hafted scraper?....funky looking for sure but I would have been tickled to pick it up.
 
There are no ugly artifact finds.

Exactly Americus!!! Ugly women.... Well.... Totally opposite. Some of thems things is slap ugly to the bone! Lol! Rock, you aren't right bro. Finally found one with little legs! Lol!
 
Looks like it might of been a knife at one time. Now I guess it would be considered a tool.
 
I like that old bifuricate base. They always get my heart to pounding. Looks like they got their use out of it. Nice un.
 
Not that bad of a find! Nice! :icon_thumright: I have a few that are similar, with that not so good looking features, but if it was the only point found on that outing, it was worth the effort.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom