Did the FBI find $600M in Civil War Gold in Pa. Forest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 1 week of waiting for word on the missing warrant , the courts said they can't locate it. So we got some people to go into the Philadelphia Courts and look for the warrant. We been talking to many news papers, magazines, and radio companys telling our story . We have many TV offers to. Why all of this now, on March 13th it will be 3yrs since the FBI told every one to keep quiet until the investigation was done. Well we think time is up and we plan to hold the news conference any day now . I will post the date on this site. I am sure whats going to be said will answer many questions.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. I am sure whats going to be said will answer many questions.

I think at this point, more important then anything that could be said, would be physical evidence. Pictures and video's from the FBI of the gold, sworn testimonials of officers on the scene, documents from the FBI file, lab analysis of the removed artifacts, trail cam pictures of them removing the artifacts, pictures of them loading and unloading the artifacts from the trucks, pictures of your drill bits and lab analysis of what was on them and pictures of the flour gold removed from the drill bits etc etc.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think at this point, more important then anything that could be said, would be physical evidence. Pictures and video's from the FBI of the gold, sworn testimonials of officers on the scene, documents from the FBI file, lab analysis of the removed artifacts, trail cam pictures of them removing the artifacts, pictures of them loading and unloading the artifacts from the trucks, pictures of your drill bits and lab analysis of what was on them and pictures of the flour gold removed from the drill bits etc etc.

What would that prove actually? One doesn't have to prove anything as their word is proof enough.

It just makes sense to a common laymen as myself that if I dig something I want some record of provenience to go along with the find.
Now if I was digging/drilling for the golden goose egg of all finds, I'd be documenting every moment.
Not jumpy videos and catches of what's being found, not reenacted finds found, but actual photos.

Really what does it take to take a good photo outside? I can't accept the too shiny/too dull, as nature has a way of making things look right.
Even at night/high noon/then's the magic hour of early/late of the day.

It seems that there is a excuse for every common and simple question in this world, always another date, always another time, always another something.
I must be one of the most impatient person out there, because it seems I'm always told it's coming soon to hear/see/view/read........... :dontknow:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would that prove actually? One doesn't have to prove anything as their word is proof enough.

I'm confused, i'm assuming this was sarcasm? As, anyone can say anything they believe, but having a belief doesn't make it true. I can say the earth is flat, doesn't make it true though. If one had photo's of FBI agents removing actual gold bars from the ground at Dent's run, that would go along way towards actual evidence to back up any claim someone could make. But again, i think you were being sarcastic or just misread my statement or i'm misunderstanding your post, which is possible:-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got the right court because they gave my lawyer the name of the Federal Judge that OK the warrant, and he is at this court house but could not remember doing it because its been 3yrs.. We now believe there was 2 warrants and not one. One has not returned back to the courts, because the investigation is still open . We have people going into the courts this week to get answers. We will post the findings at the news conference.

We have 14 pages of info going out to the news centers and reporters to read before we do the event , so they can ask questions . We figure it will take more than 2hrs.

Our lawyer Bill is GOOD but he needs a bigger law firm to help this case in Federal Court. Now he knows a lot more about the laws on treasure hunting we plan to keep him for our new dig coming soon.

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they already gave word awhile ago that they couldn't locate it because your attorney gave them a wrong number that doesn't correspond with warrant/file numbers. They directed you to try the Eastern District Of PA, which means they think the FBI may have filed in another court.

I noticed in one of your earlier post's, it was inferred your group was seeking a different attorney or additional attorneys, I concur that would be a good idea as we are 3 years in with apparently no new information uncovered. I noticed your attorney is an environmental law attorney, which may have been appealing when you were pursuing the department of natural resources, but now that it's transitioned into pursuing the FBI and treasure recovery, it may be a good idea to bring in new counsel better suited for that.

“I concur that would be a good idea as we are 3 years in with apparently no new information uncovered.”

“WE”?
I’m assuming that was meaning “we” as in a random group of people reading about this on the internet?

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully you have multiple photos showing items being repeatably removed from the excavation by hand.
I would suggest making an animated gif that loops over and over.

I will be honest and say I would be very surprised at this point if these photos exist, despite it being eluded to several times over the years.

That is about the ONLY thing that would cause the story to go viral at this stage in the game...in my opinion.

Good luck to you. Hopefully you get the mileage out of this it truly deserves.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps it will be over when they get the show deal they want, I'm guessing that will be it as they've done shows before that came up empty so why should this next show be any different. It would be nice to get a show that somebody actually finds something, of course I'm asking for way too much there.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps it will be over when they get the show deal they want, I'm guessing that will be it as they've done shows before that came up empty so why should this next show be any different. It would be nice to get a show that somebody actually finds something, of course I'm asking for way too much there.

I do have to wonder what a press conferences has to do with court proceedings. Judges frown on making a mockery of their court. However that requires a case and a judge, which I don’t understand exists.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been 3 yrs since the FBI dug at Dents Run and we been in many court battles and now we have the info we need to bring this hunt to its end and the truth will come out.

Can you help clarify this? The first post you made to open this thread, you said you "now have the info" you need , but in the intervening pages, you indicated that you neither gained access to the DCNR files nor the FBI files or warrants so how do you plan to bring it to an end when you have gained no new access to any of their files? Edit: I have now gained access to the actual court orders, see link below.

We beat the FBI in court and they must give us everything in their files but they said it will take 3 yrs to get it ready. They have 2,370 pages, 7 hrs of video , and hundreds of photos in the main file, there is a lot more in the sub file . We want everything in the files, so if we can get the Federal Court to speed them up GOOD.

I remember a few years ago, you said almost the same thing verbatim, that the FBI had to turn over their files and it would take several years. Did you request them several years ago as we're now almost 3 years down the road and could have had them anytime now, but now you are indicating you need a Federal Court to "speed them up?" Speed what up exactly, a court already ruled on it, seeking out a duplicate order won't change anything, in fact, you could be fined for duplicate, capricious filings. Edit: Having now read the actual court orders (see links below) no court actions have been brought about against the FBI, only the PA DCNR, so it is not clear what is meant by "We beat the FBI in court", perhaps it's just typo and they meant, the PA DCNR, which they did win an early ruling, but lost their latest appeal.

Our Lawyer is working with a bigger law firm now to get ready to take our case to Federal Court

Federal courts have a very narrow scope of case types they hear, 1. Cases that raise a federal question and 2. Diversity of Citizenship questions.

What federal question are you raising? For what relief do you seek in the Federal court?

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 1 week of waiting for word on the missing warrant , the courts said they can't locate it. .

Why would they be looking for it when the appeals court just ruled that they do not have to turn it over to you? I just tonight found your latest court appeal that you unfortunately lost. It was so ordered that the writ (warrant) by judicial decree is under seal and is therefore NOT public record and they do not have to provide it to you.

Here is the latest ruling from a little over a week ago: CLUCK v. PA. DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES https://www.leagle.com/decision/inpaco20210128454

In pertinent part:

"With the above law in mind, without reaching any conclusion as to whether the Writ constitutes a "search warrant" for purposes of the RTKL request, we have exercised our de novo standard of review and conducted an in camera review of the Writ and compared it with what we referred to as the federal court order in our memorandum opinion and order in Cluck I. Based on our examination, we confirm that the federal court order that was filed under seal in Cluck I is, in fact, the Writ.10 In other words, the documents are one and the same. Accordingly, we confirm that the Writ is a federal court order that by judicial decree is under seal and, therefore, is not a public record as defined by Section 102 of the RTKL."

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We beat the FBI in court and they must give us everything in their files but they said it will take 3 yrs to get it ready. .

Can you clarify what you mean by you "beat the FBI in court"? Your legal actions have all been against the Pennsylvania DCNR, not the FBI. Your latest appeal from just over a week ago you lost and it was against the PA DCNR, not the FBI : CLUCK v. PA. DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES https://www.leagle.com/decision/inpaco20210128454

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoDeep NO you are wrong again, It was the Radar Company that said a large metal object was at that spot, Enviroscan said it was 7 to 9 tons of gold with a reading of 18 and thats solid gold. These companys are the best we have in the USA and you question their answers and think you know more than they do. Why you twist every thing around is why none of this hunt makes any sense to you. I try to answer your questions but you have your mind set that nothing was found and you must live with that until this hunt comes to a end. I am done answering your questions. Thank You[/QUOTE]

AS I said in this email above , Done answering your questions. BYE

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoDeep NO you are wrong again, It was the Radar Company that said a large metal object was at that spot, Enviroscan said it was 7 to 9 tons of gold with a reading of 18 and thats solid gold.

1. I'm not making any accusations. I am simply reading the actual case files your attorney has filed with the courts and the subsequent rulings the judges have made in these cases and sharing their rulings with the community. I have not and will not misrepresent, lie or distort anything in order to fill a narrative. I am only seeking more information and the truth, just as you are.

2. You say that I am wrong about Enviroscan, this is twofold, first i called them approximately a week ago, they said directly to me, they can not definitively identify metal types. This is backed up by the filings I have found in two of your court orders now, in pertinent part, from the most recent order:

"As part of Petitioner's appeal to OOR, Petitioner asserted the following background information. Finders met with the FBI and an Assistant United States Attorney on January 26, 2018, to discuss an alleged Civil War-era cache of gold in the Dent's Run area. The FBI opened an investigation and met with Finders . . . at the site on February 23, 2018, along with the FBI contractor, Enviroscan. Thereafter, in March 2018, the FBI informed Finders that Enviroscan had located with [its] equipment a large metal target, around seven to nine tons in mass.

"A large metal target" Not gold, not silver. This is consistent with what Enviroscan told me. They may have told you , "it may be gold" but they said they can not definitely know without excavating the material and, that they can and do get false and incorrect readings.

3. I made very pointed questions above regarding your case and I see you didn't answer them, which is fine, they were semi-rhetorical in that they were self explanatory for anyone willing to read the rulings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what this FBI agent with the yellow R on his jacket has in hand. Click on picture to enlarge.
MFDC8257 (2).JPG MFDC8257.JPG MFDC8263 (2).JPG MFDC8263.JPG

Last edited:

Germanrazor

Jan 7, 2021
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+,
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed all this......found on private land or national park land?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can you clarify what you mean by you "beat the FBI in court"? Your legal actions have all been against the Pennsylvania DCNR, not the FBI. Your latest appeal from just over a week ago you lost and it was against the PA DCNR, not the FBI : CLUCK v. PA. DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES https://www.leagle.com/decision/inpaco20210128454

I read the ruling and it's pretty obvious to see in the pages what was ruled on. It was in fact the Pennsylvania DCNR and nothing to do with the FBI as previously stated.

Yup the reply you got-well anyone can see that when in doubt-just don't want to play anymore-and they took the ball when they stomped away-what does that say.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the ruling and it's pretty obvious to see in the pages what was ruled on. It was in fact the Pennsylvania DCNR and nothing to do with the FBI as previously stated.

Yup the reply you got-well anyone can see that when in doubt-just don't want to play anymore-and they took the ball when they stomped away-what does that say.

In his defense, since one can't sue the FBI without a compelling legal issue and permission, maybe he considered his first ruling against the PA DCNR that he won a few years ago, as a proxy defeat of the FBI. But the FBI had an order sealing the writ contained in the PA DCNR file and then he had to go back to court to try to get it unsealed, which of course, per the most recent order, he lost that case.

If you read between the lines, he's now indicating they may to try to take it to Federal court, but you need a compelling reason to do so. I'm not sure what their claim would be, or if they will even accept to hear the case.

Bottom line, where we sit now, 3 years out, no new information has been gained from the files. Added speculation, conjecture and conspiracy theories are the only thing that has been gained, so i'm not sure why a press conference is necessary, only to rehash the same information we had 3 years ago, but it's a free country and his right to do so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In his defense, since one can't sue the FBI without a compelling legal issue and permission, maybe he considered his first ruling against the PA DCNR that he won a few years ago, as a proxy defeat of the FBI. But the FBI had an order sealing the writ contained in the PA DCNR file and then he had to go back to court to try to get it unsealed, which of course, per the most recent order, he lost that case.

If you read between the lines, he's now indicating they may to try to take it to Federal court, but you need a compelling reason to do so. I'm not sure what their claim would be, or if they will even accept to hear the case.

Bottom line, where we sit now, 3 years out, no new information has been gained from the files. Added speculation, conjecture and conspiracy theories are the only thing that has been gained, so i'm not sure why a press conference is necessary, only to rehash the same information we had 3 years ago, but it's a free country and his right to do so.

You are doing a good job, BUT I can not answer your questions. WHY because as I said many times there are things I can not talk about YET, But you can post what you found but I can not give you info. See if you can find the warrants but I can not give you the numbers on them. I can only say so much at this point even if your info shows something wrong , I can not correct it . But the research you did so far is GOOD. More than anyone else could do. Thank You

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are doing a good job, BUT I can not answer your questions. WHY because as I said many times there are things I can not talk about YET, But you can post what you found but I can not give you info. See if you can find the warrants but I can not give you the numbers on them. I can only say so much at this point even if your info shows something wrong , I can not correct it . But the research you did so far is GOOD. More than anyone else could do. Thank You

Ok, I am once again confused so I will try to explain.
GD posted the link on the decision, it's not his information so I don't understand when you claim in the statement that it is.
Explain the facts in the link please, you stated the FBI while it was IN FACT the DCNR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread