Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
diggin'for crystals! more pix

Yay! after waiting for 4 years, I am finally getting back down to the coleman crystal mine tomorrow! I LOVE that place! have always walked away with bunches of Clear crystals. some clusters, double terminals, & huge points! am meeting up w/ some folks from TN & am happy to meet someone from here. I expect to take lots of pix, & to get muddy from head to toe. should make for some great pix! taking my college age daughter & her friend (who has never gone rock hunting, poor thing) so it should be quite entertaining. will post pix when I get back.
Slak Jak, shame you can't meet us there, sure your rv won't float?

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: diggin'for crystals!

got back yesterday from the coleman crystal mine in ARK. the weather was fantastic, & the diggin was great. am having a hard time taking some pix that do the crystals justice, but I got a few of the small ones. the only bad part of the trip was the fact I missed digging w/ Fossis & hillbilly. I got there late, & Vibes was at the wrong coleman mine. by the way fossis, I found my phone, it had fallen off my lap into my friends purse. found it when we went to dinner. wish we could have dug together, & thank you for the fossils! we divided them over a shot of Baileys Irish Cream. (it was St. Patty's day ya know!) once all the bruises heel, I'll be ready to go again!!

Attachments

• crystal mine 03 2010 007 e.jpg
    crystal mine 03 2010 007 e.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 501
  • crystal mine 03 2010 015 e.jpg
    crystal mine 03 2010 015 e.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 496
  • crystal mine 03 2010 047 e.jpg
    crystal mine 03 2010 047 e.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 500
Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: diggin'for crystals!

You found some 'nice points', :thumbsup:, & lucked out on the weather, it changed from the 70's yesterday to snow tonight, (still snowing at 12:00 midnight).
You're welcome on the fossils, here's some of the better crystals I found, & Okie found several also.
We saw 10 deer on the way home, 301 miles roundtrip, he saw some new country he had not seen.

Fossis............

Attachments

• Crystal Dig 001.JPG
    Crystal Dig 001.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 507
  • Crystal Dig 002.JPG
    Crystal Dig 002.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 500
  • Crystal Dig 003.JPG
    Crystal Dig 003.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 0
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: diggin'for crystals! more pix

a couple more pix from the trip.

Attachments

• crystal mine 03 2010 e.jpg
    crystal mine 03 2010 e.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 441
  • crystal mine 03 2010 011 e.jpg
    crystal mine 03 2010 011 e.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 453
Upvote 0

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

hey mamabear!

have I mentioned that I has so much fun digging with ya? It took me till Sunday night to get my groove back and ready for the work week bump-n-grind!

I can't wait to go back...and have a friend who wants to go, and camp! Yeah!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

thanx Vibes, it was a blast! & ditto on more trips, I hope maybe some of the women on TN might want to go with. a campfire & stories after a hard day diggin? who could ask for more!! did you see the post for taking better pix of the crystals? lots of tips. am glad the folks here are so giving w/ their knowledge, I have learned a lot!

Upvote 0

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

We'd be the treasure hunting harem:)

Yes, I just read the crystal cleaning insights. Mine go for an acid bath tonight....then I'll take pics.

BIG thanks to those who shared their experiences and tips!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

am still learning to take pix that do the pieces justice, but here are a few of the ones I am some what satisfied with. Thanx for the info on taking the pix. who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Attachments

• spring daffs & crystals 005 e.jpg
    spring daffs & crystals 005 e.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 416
  • spring daffs & crystals 025 e.jpg
    spring daffs & crystals 025 e.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 416
  • spring daffs & crystals 031 e.jpg
    spring daffs & crystals 031 e.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 405
  • spring daffs & crystals 029 e.jpg
    spring daffs & crystals 029 e.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 401
Upvote 0

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

Hey Mamabear!!! You did very well. Those are awesome. I believe I have some just like them. ::)
BTW still no steak for me. I'd settle for a burger but have another surgery at the end of the month.
Just thought I would throw that in so you knew.
BEAUTIFUL STONES!!!!!!!!!!
~Nash~

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanx Nashoba. It was a wonderful dig. & yup this is where I got the crystals I sent. I am ready for another trip down already! one of my deighbors is trying to get a trip together, so I can hardly wait!
I can't believe you have to have another surgery? more bone to be removed? I imagine a steak smoothie is starting to sound pretty good by now!?? keep us informed as to how you are doing. Hope you can at least enjoy the spring weather.

Upvote 0

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

mamabear said:
Thanx Nashoba. It was a wonderful dig. & yup this is where I got the crystals I sent. I am ready for another trip down already! one of my deighbors is trying to get a trip together, so I can hardly wait!
I can't believe you have to have another surgery? more bone to be removed? I imagine a steak smoothie is starting to sound pretty good by now!?? keep us informed as to how you are doing. Hope you can at least enjoy the spring weather.

Good luck on that next hunt...I just noticed you said you spent five hours on that one rock...Aren't you supposed to be digging?
Ducks and runs :tongue3:
~Nash~

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanx Old Dog. I am trying to get some good pix of my collection so I can show them to you. I think rocks are one of the most beautiful things this world has to offer. after seeing your pix, how could anyone argue that!
Nashoba, I did dig the entire 5 hrs on that one rock. I kept thinking it would end & I could take the whole thing cuz it was covered in crystals! but it just kept going til I realized there was no way I would be able to carry it out. thats when I started to carefully chisel the layers iof crystals off. I had to leave a lot there, just couldn't get them. (heart breaker!) I'm sure Vibes thought I was crazy, cuz I spent most of that time on my belly diggin under the rock. It was so much fun! any one that has a chance should go. you would be amazed!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread