DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

TNMountains and TreasureHunter,

Roger Snow is a long time poster here under a couple of different pseudonyms. He gets banned every once in a while and time outs occasionally. As a kid, he had a front seat for a lot of his dad's treasure hunting and exploring of the Southern N.M. Area. If he could dial in his meds and learn to keep his posts under 15,000,000 characters, and stop being insulting, he has a lot of information. Too bad its just so intertwined with the bat$hit crazy part of his brain. HAHAHA

Mike

You make a strong point. Over the years, Mr. Snow has provided information not available from any other sources. These forums are merely a game for him - he has nothing to gain here. The impatient readers quickly get frustrated or angry and move on. The observant ones wait, read between the lines and benefit.

You make a strong point. Over the years, Mr. Snow has provided information not available from any other sources. These forums are merely a game for him - he has nothing to gain here. The impatient readers quickly get frustrated or angry and move on. The observant ones wait, read between the lines and benefit.

But knowledge does not excuse insults and attacks.

SDCFIA,

You hit the nail on the head. he already knows this stuff. These forums are just an old man's game now. He mixes up real knowledge with whackadoo stuff. He goes on wild rants, insulting people and saying things that sound like they might be believable (unless you know the real story). Over the years, Oren Swearingen shared a lot of information with me. Some others have shared a lot of information as well. I know the true versions of many of the San Andres and Caballo Mountain Stories. That helps to keep Roger in check when he starts mixing stories or making things up.

Mike

Mike, you wrote, these forums are just an old man's game now, is it the same for old women , and who you calling old, you are no spring chicken?. np:cat:

Mike, you wrote, these forums are just an old man's game now, is it the same for old women , and who you calling old, you are no spring chicken?. np:cat:

NP,

By "Old man's game" I was referring specifically to Roger. He is an old man, and internet forums are his main form of entertainment.

............ and you are correct. I am no Spring Chicken. Maybe early Fall late Summer. Not anywhere near a Winter Chicken! I'm still a good CLUCK! :laughing7::laughing7:

Mike

But knowledge does not excuse insults and attacks.

We're losing a lot of information on Tnet because some big tough treasure hunters are getting their feelings hurt when somebody posts something they don't like. I haven't seen anything in this thread that would make me want to curl up in a corner and cry my little eyes out.
I spend a lot of time researching and posting information that I hope can help others, but why should anybody bother when an entire thread can be deleted or a member banned because of personality conflicts.

We're losing a lot of information on Tnet because some big tough treasure hunters are getting their feelings hurt when somebody posts something they don't like. I haven't seen anything in this thread that would make me want to curl up in a corner and cry my little eyes out.
I spend a lot of time researching and posting information that I hope can help others, but why should anybody bother when an entire thread can be deleted or a member banned because of personality conflicts.

mdog,

Has nothing to do with personality conflicts, or anybody posting anything someone doesn't like. Roger has any issues with me, he can settle them with me. The only time I said anything to him about his postings was when he was insulting Oren Swearingen IN HIS MEMORIAL THREAD! THAT doesn't work for me.

Other than that, the only thing I told him about posting was that if he was in the least bit interested in having people read what he had to say, he should keep his posts under 15,000,000 characters. HAHAHA He is a bit wordy.

What gets Roger timed out and banned are his unasked for attacks on and insults to people. The moderators see this and won't stand for it. If Rog has a problem with the rules, he should contact you by email or phone to discuss his information. You say you research and post information to help others. That is great, but that is not what Roger does. Roger plays games with people. He starts by posting some pretty believable things. When he gets a few groupies intently watching his posts, thinking they are going to get something good, he shifts gears. His posts get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there. As more level headed people counter his nutty assertions (and outright slanderous lies) with facts, he gets rude and insulting. He pushes things as far as we let him. Then he gets punished by the moderators.

If you had saved his posts from many years ago, you would see a repetition in his pattern of actions. As I stated before, online forums are just a source of entertainment for Roger. He gets a few groupies because of his last name and his dad. Makes a bunch of outrageous claims and sees how far y'all will follow him down that road.

But you can believe what and who you want!

Mike

and such it goes with code , some folks get it and others just get their feelings hurt.

nothing personal here , just been trying to catch up . looks like some posers i care to here have left or been banned .hmmmm

this is just for roger snow ,its not suppose to make sense to anybody else so please ignore what i am about to say . hey rog , i have a puppy too!!!!!!

take care.///bob

Last edited:
TNMountains and TreasureHunter,

Roger Snow is a long time poster here under a couple of different pseudonyms. He gets banned every once in a while and time outs occasionally. As a kid, he had a front seat for a lot of his dad's treasure hunting and exploring of the Southern N.M. Area. If he could dial in his meds and learn to keep his posts under 15,000,000 characters, and stop being insulting, he has a lot of information. Too bad its just so intertwined with the bat$hit crazy part of his brain. HAHAHA

Mike

I've been reading Roger's stuff for probably 15 years now (long before I found this forum), and have to say, you've summed up his postings about as well any anyone can. Personally, I enjoy most of his work, it's just too bad he can't stay within the rules.

Probably 10 years ago, I sent a message to the administrator of another forum, voicing my displeasure for him being banned there. The return response received from the administrator was a real eye-opener for me. Some of Roger's private communications with members of that forum were apparently way, way out there (as if what you read here isn't) and sometimes downright threatening.

I generally don't post on Vicky Peak, because I'm strictly arm chair on this one. It was Roger's historical posts on KGC/Templar connections that got me interested in his convoluted and sometimes cryptic posts.

One thing, I would not call Roger an old man, yet, as he's still in his 50's.

TCK

TheCoinKid , Got change:laughing7: don't let yourself be a stranger, np:cat:

I've been reading Roger's stuff for probably 15 years now (long before I found this forum), and have to say, you've summed up his postings about as well any anyone can. Personally, I enjoy most of his work, it's just too bad he can't stay within the rules.

Probably 10 years ago, I sent a message to the administrator of another forum, voicing my displeasure for him being banned there. The return response received from the administrator was a real eye-opener for me. Some of Roger's private communications with members of that forum were apparently way, way out there (as if what you read here isn't) and sometimes downright threatening.

I generally don't post on Vicky Peak, because I'm strictly arm chair on this one. It was Roger's historical posts on KGC/Templar connections that got me interested in his convoluted and sometimes cryptic posts.

One thing, I would not call Roger an old man, yet, as he's still in his 50's.

TCK

I agree, don't be a stranger.

As for Roger's age, he stated that he was six years old in 1961 watching the military take gold from VP. I don't know his birthday, but that likely makes him sixty. Myself being a youthful spry 51, that seems quite old! HAHAHA

Mike

We're a bunch of "wet behind the ears" milquetoasts!

Mike

Hypocrisy and immunity

....What gets Roger timed out and banned are his unasked for attacks on and insults to people.....
Mike

You mean stuff like this?

You are so full of crap your eyes are brown.

Like I said, since you so flagrantly LIED about the entire Joe Batson Issue. SO full of BS
Mike

….. are probably complete BS. So, yeah. You are a scumbag.
Mike

You may be better served trying to get along with the man that has info that you want. But that's your deal.

I have no dog in this hunt (other than my interest in the subject matter) but fail to understand why its only Roger sitting in the corner. :dontknow:

It seems that your infatuation with Oren overtakes your reason when someone voices a negative opinion of him.

Just my observation.

V

Last edited:
You mean stuff like this?

You may be better served trying to get along with the man that has info that you want. But that's your deal.

I have no dog in this hunt (other than my interest in the subject matter) but fail to understand why its only Roger sitting in the corner.

It seems that your infatuation with Oren overtakes your reason when someone voices a negative opinion of him.

Just my observation.

V

VOR,

(or whatever your name is). Of course you have a dog in this hunt (no need to lie). Your infatuation with Roger is both revealing, and leading you to quote things out of context, thus showing your own colors. Myself, I am not infatuated with anybody. I respect some people based on my interactions with them. I HAVE NEVER come off up front being antagonistic. I only get that way when someone gets by back up by saying or doing something. When Roger insulted Oren (who was a friend of mine) in a Memorial Thread for Oren, then I was not okay with that. Hence, I became more antagonistic towards Roger. If you want to pick sides in this with the person who openly admits having fun by lying to people and sending them on wild goose chases, then "good on ya" as my Aussie friends say. If you want to chose sides with someone that was found to have been completely, slanderously, lying about Oren (regarding the ENTIRE Joe Batson incident), then "good on ya"! You are welcome to believe anyone and anything you wish. Maybe that's why you can only use an internet pseudonym (VOR), and I freely tell anybody my name is Mike McChesney. Who are you?

I have been both friendly and antagonistic with Roger for a good six years before you became a member here. Most of the people that know Roger well, acknowledge that I have called Rogers behavior 100%. If you wish to play groupie and come at me, PLEASE by all means feel welcome to try.

Oh, and your statement that Roger may have some information that I want is a laugh. I learned a looooooooooooooooooong time ago that very little coming from Roger is worth the breath used to tell the story. Take everything he says with a huge grain of salt.

Take Care - Mike

A little touchie, are we? I must have struck a nerve.
Ah, the air of arrogance in the room.

Go get em Mike!

V

Remember our rules or Roger will have company...

A little touchie, are we? I must have struck a nerve.
Ah, the air of arrogance in the room.

Go get em Mike!

V

Not touchie at all. You sound a lot like Roger as a matter of fact. He accused me of that a couple of times. Funny though, nobody else thought so. Just the person my post was directed at.

See, I have a thick skin, but I don't suffer fools well. No saying you are, but just making a general statement.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back