What's new

does anybody have old maps of monroe and mcminn counties

diggin tennessee

Full Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2010
Messages
237
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
athens, tennessee
Detector(s) used
white's and explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all,

i'm tring to locate old maps of monroe and mcminn counties from the 1800's to mid 1900's.
 
I have found that it is impossible to get a map of these two counties. i do not know why other than i know the court house burnt in 1964 in mcminn county. I have tried every source i know to get maps and there just not available . :'(
 
try the U.T. map library. they have a collection of historic maps. They are beginning to put a few online but it's a slow process. I have gotten topo maps from there going back to the 1800's.
 
You might call TVA's map division. They have many historical maps including ancient Indian.
 
TNglen gave you the right link. those 1895 topo maps are quite good for civil war research up and down the valley.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom