What's new

Enigma

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cappy Z.
  • Start date Start date
Ugh, I don't feel like spending the hours needed to count out 1000+ words to try possible combination from the letters of the words.

I'm out. good luck to those who keep trying.
 
406 is the word "in" :icon_thumleft: :read2:
 
ivan salis said:
406 is the word "in" :icon_thumleft: :read2:

How can 406 be the word in if it is the letter D??? Trying to throw ppl off the trail eh? :icon_scratch:
Cappy Z. said:
Do you need another clue?

I guess my only thing is that I know what document you used, but our word numbers are different so i think that is why I cannot get it to work out. I get like three a's in a row.
 
Cappy Z. said:
Do you need another clue?

Did you convert the & symbol to the word and or did you skip that and not consider it a word?

Also hyphonated words.. Are they considered one or 2?

Strike those questions... I don't want to help others out.. I will get this!!! :tongue3:
 
You guys have more time to waist than I. Have you ever walked through the Library of Congress and seen all the books and documents there. Now figure the odds of pickin the right book or document for the key. Just think the key could be so long that a single word could be shown by hundreds of different numbers. Take the word "a" it could be used many times without using the same number twice. But like the breaker of the Beale code you could luck out. I think it only took him several YEARS. lol Frank
 
Frankn said:
You guys have more time to waist than I. Have you ever walked through the Library of Congress and seen all the books and documents there. Now figure the odds of pickin the right book or document for the key. Just think the key could be so long that a single word could be shown by hundreds of different numbers. Take the word "a" it could be used many times without using the same number twice. But like the breaker of the Beale code you could luck out. I think it only took him several YEARS. lol Frank

That is where the great thing of a computer comes in handy. Since my post of finding 81 possible starting points I have widdled that down to 4. And figuring out the right document is not to hard if you know where to look. :icon_study:
 
Ok...Here is what I got and it makes absolutly no sense. :BangHead: :BangHead:

DGENDSENTGSYSSNST

Do we need to now decode this? I figured your 25th word was History....Did i even get close?
 
Now for the bad news. The groupes of numbers do not represent words. Look at the end of paragraphs. the number groupes are cut off. This is a repeated group of numbers with no word meaning. Frank
 
The Magna Carta
Decloration of Independence
Bill of Right
The Articles of Confederation
The Constitution

One of these is the 'text'. Good Luck.
 
Cappy Z. said:
The Magna Carta
Decloration of Independence
Bill of Right
The Articles of Confederation
The Constitution

One of these is the 'text'. Good Luck.

I used doi
 
Cappy Z. said:
werleibr said:
Cappy Z. said:
The Magna Carta
Decloration of Independence
Bill of Right
The Articles of Confederation
The Constitution

One of these is the 'text'. Good Luck.

I used doi

90%

I Then located all words that have a y in it. and found 79 words. Most with it as the last letter. Checked them all as the 25th word and only one word worked with the other letters, but got only gibberish.
 
First of all...when somebody hides a treasure and makes a code to lead others to the treasure..he is always 100% correct. Even if there are errors etc it is essentially irrelevant. So a 'perfect' code is also irrelevant.

In this case..the number 25 is a Y. Because it is the 25th letter of the alphabet.

But..it is the ONLY letter from the alphabet. IF you get the rest of the code..it becomes apparent.

Now..the KEY is in the Beale story...
 
Cappy Z. said:
First of all...when somebody hides a treasure and makes a code to lead others to the treasure..he is always 100% correct. Even if there are errors etc it is essentially irrelevant. So a 'perfect' code is also irrelevant.

In this case..the number 25 is a Y. Because it is the 25th letter of the alphabet.

But..it is the ONLY letter from the alphabet. IF you get the rest of the code..it becomes apparent.

Now..the KEY is in the Beale story...

Hmmm....You had to use 25 because no word in the DOI started with Y... Very nice.. thought you were using the last letters of the word to throw people off.. looks like i got thrown off :BangHead:
 
So following all your cues. I went back to my algorithem and entered the new info.

First I came up with this

DROLPICTTIAYENMOR

upon searching through my words i noticed one word I accedently split into two words (within) and I had deleted the & symbol and not counted it as a word. Well i fixed those two errors and came up with this

DRALLIWTTIMYENBOR


it does not make sense.

unless this needs to be descrambled and something within the Beale story is the key word to decypher this... now working on that.
 
Here is how my computer program is working for it.

To show how I am comming up with what I have.. now searching the Beale Papers for they Key to decypher
dralliwatimyenmor

(Picture added forgot to upload during post)
 

Attachments

  • Words.webp
    Words.webp
    16 KB · Views: 264
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
 
the key is a variant of the doi. -- lol-- try the virginia doi.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom