What's new

finally, Finally, FINALLY!

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
This morning was a very pretty morning. The water was clear, flat and calm and I love it that way. For the first hour or so I got nothing and figured it was going to be another one of "those" days. Not so.... I finally started hitting a few coins. I certainly did NOT find enough to retire on (WAIT...... I AM ALREADY RETIRED!) but a few coins here and there. I even brought up a small brown bottle along with a nickle in the same scoop. I saw something pink burrowed mostly under the sand on the bottom and it turned out to be a pink ribbon. I got a big square piece of metal along with a handful of nails and screws. My usual stuff.

040811.jpg


I got a few more coins and then... well I can't even claim that I detected it because I "saw" a shiney glint out of the corner of my eye and went to check it out.... yep... it was round, buried partially in the sand and at first I thought I had a ring but.... no... it was an earring. It is only 10k but........... IT'S GOLD and my first gold for 2011 so I will gladly take it!

Earring04081110k.jpg

It was a pity I couldn't find it's mate because I really like this earring. Ah well.... no matter.... I found Gold! Yippee! :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on the first gold of the year, now that that is over, the rest will hopefully come easy. 90 degrees this weekend will hopefully put a few people back in the water.
 
go Mumszie! & you'd be styllin' wearing just the one earring. glad you were able to get out & find goodies.
 
WTG Mums! Ya gotter done! :headbang:
 
Mumszie, that's a very pretty gold earring! :hello2:

Congrats on fine detecting! :headbang:

Keep up the good work!

Lorraine
 
Mumszie you is the girl, WTG. Eyeball finds count too ya know. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats!

You certainly do deserve the Gold.

Speaking of Retired ...,when I first retired some years ago (early, of course!) I heard my younger son explain to one of his friends; "My dad is retarded since July." .... I had to yell out :Hey ..it's Retired, Retired ...not retarded!"

HH Joe
 
DrJoePrime said:
Congrats!

You certainly do deserve the Gold.

Speaking of Retired ...,when I first retired some years ago (early, of course!) I heard my younger son explain to one of his friends; "My dad is retarded since July." .... I had to yell out :Hey ..it's Retired, Retired ...not retarded!"

HH Joe

That's funny! ::)
 
Congrats Mumszie!!! gold is good!! maybe you will find the other another day.
 
yep, ya gotta keep your eyes open :icon_thumright: beats staring at the coil ;D
 
Now that you have broken the ice, things are going to start falling!!!
 
ahh Mumzie, ya done did great, you beat me too.. well, you know me the wandering reale hunter lol...so tomorrow I will go gold jewelry hunting... wont know till I get there.. but will be fun either way... and I do have a feeling you will find that matching earring..go Mumzie... :thumbsup:
 
A big congratulations to you Mumszie!! Well done.
 
Nice Mumszie, The ladies are taking over........................
 
You were overdue Mumszie.....Congratulations
on the gold ear ring. It is good looking. HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Good for you!!! :hello2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom