What's new

FIRST DIAMOND RING!!!

R.Danneskjold

Full Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
223
Reaction score
138
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0860.webp

My first Diamond RING!!!!!!

14K Gold Diamond Ring staring at me from the scoop........AWESOME!!! No idea what its worth.....6 diamonds......any ideas?
 
Upvote 0
Yea for you!!! What a beauty:occasion14: Your first is priceless!
 
One like that, in my size is on my "List", which would make finding it it priceless to me. However, When I took a similar 10k white gold ring (not in my size) to a jeweler, they offered very little for the diamonds since they were small. The gold is basically the only value they offered me, which I declined to sell. Beautiful ring. If it is not inscribed, sell it on Ebay or Craigslist if you want to get more than melt value for it. HH, Beach papa
 
Congrats on the ring...its a beauty...Your first diamond ring...can you really put a value on it? :icon_thumright:
 
Yeah.....sentimental value goes up pretty fast when you find it after 7 hours of diggin! Wife doesn't like gold so i'm able to sling it! It'l help pay for the excal II !!!!
 
Beautiful first ring and I would never sell your first one as you will never forget it. :headbang:
 
Beautiful first ring and I would never sell your first one as you will never forget it. :headbang:

I took some pics and will certainly never forget my first diamond ring! I think selling it for an excal 1000 may pay off in the end though????
 
Thank you....Its kind of a family motto...Me, My wife, Brother, Father in Law, Son, & Son in Law all ex military...all but my wife served in combat...
 
If you send it off to ARA, they will remove the stones, give you a check for the gold and have a jeweler make you an offer on the stones. Don't expect much of an offer though......it will be very low. If I were you, just have them send the stones back to you, then you can have them put into something for the wife.

As Sandman said, I regret doing it with my first diamond ring......kind of wish I had it back.

Heck of a nice ring though....congrats.
 
Sandman is right! My wife still has my first one and I can still remember that day and where and that was in 1994. I think they call that a Carriage Ring? Pretty little thing!
 
That is a beautiful ring !!!! I would keep it and only sell it if you didn't have any money to pay the bills.
 
What a jeweler offers for it and what he sells it for are two worlds apart. My sister took one of my finds, a ladies 14kt. gold dinner ring with 12 diamonds ,he told her it weighed 2DWT and offered her $70.00. That was even less than the gold value. I should go there and offer him $70.00 for one of his diamond rings on display and see what he says.
 
worth $2500-400 on ebay, depending on the size of the stones and weight of the ring
 
What a jeweler offers for it and what he sells it for are two worlds apart. My sister took one of my finds, a ladies 14kt. gold dinner ring with 12 diamonds ,he told her it weighed 2DWT and offered her $70.00. That was even less than the gold value. I should go there and offer him $70.00 for one of his diamond rings on display and see what he says.

I would like to see the look on his face.....:laughing7:
 
First off....:wav::wav::wav:
BEAUTIFUL ring!!

A reputable jeweler will usually pay you 1/4 to 1/3 of the price he intends to sell the ring for. Say he will sell the ring for $1,000 retail...you may get $250-$335 for it. This amount is dependent upon the quality of the diamonds (color, cut, clarity and carat weight) and whether the gold is 10k, 14k,15k, 18k, 22k or 24k. You may be better off selling it for the gold melt value (price you will get depends on the troy weight of the gold less the diamonds - this will be less than the "spot" price of gold). Personally, I would hold onto it for now - or maybe forever. But then again, diamonds ARE a girl's best friend!

Again, beautiful ring! Congrats on the bling!

HH,
Anita
 
What a great find. Remember where there is one there might be more :thumbsup: ..I'd keep looking as gold prices could go up and you might find an even bigger one next time out ..for me .. I have my first six nails ...priceless!
 
Lots of great advice......thanks guys! I think I'm gonna sell it along with some other gold I have found and see what I get......I'm in Canada and see quite a few places....thanks again!
 
Nice ring! I would keep it if at all possible.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom