What's new

FIRST DIAMOND RING!!!

R.Danneskjold

Full Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
223
Reaction score
138
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0860.webp

My first Diamond RING!!!!!!

14K Gold Diamond Ring staring at me from the scoop........AWESOME!!! No idea what its worth.....6 diamonds......any ideas?
 
Upvote 0
WOW!!! Terrific detecting, R D!

Lorraine
 
Super nice for a first diamond ring!! Still have my first! I always say, Whatevers good for you works. Nice one!
 
View attachment 862941

My first Diamond RING!!!!!!

14K Gold Diamond Ring staring at me from the scoop........AWESOME!!! No idea what its worth.....6 diamonds......any ideas?
Congrats and nice ring! Don't it feel great!?
RD, I have almost the same exact ring. Mines a little smaller, with a few more diamonds. I can't remember if the diamonds were 1/4 or 1/2 carat.

The ring was in a friends jewelry store, retail 550 or 600. I was looking specifically for 2 eternity bands to go with my heart solitaire.
One eternity band they had for 600, and that one like yours was 550. I bought both bands for 550, 1/2 price.
The jewelers knew, I knew my stuffs as far as true value(what THEY would pay for it). They knew also, no one was going to walk in and buy them bands at their price, I was there and had cash.

Not knowing the weight, you only have 60. 70 melt value. The diamonds are worth nothing, unless you needed to buy one to replace one in a ring or necklace, then the jewelers charge about 40 to 60 for a "chip".
I had my first gold ring melted down and made into a pendant for me(that I had some nice tourmaline I had mounted), and I also had a gator tooth capped and made into a gold pendant for my mr. I still have my first and all my diamonds.
Ebay would be your best bet, I would think, for selling. You could get, like the other poster said, 250 to 400, maybe a little more.
 
Congrats on you first diamond ring.
I have yet to find one as beautiful.
I would keep it and display it near my detecting equipment for inspiration and would not sell it as it is first found, or at least until I had found a better one to replace it with for display.
As my first found ring was stainless, Arg It is not in the same league, but I still enjoy looking at it remains special to me but of little financial value.

View attachment 862941

My first Diamond RING!!!!!!

14K Gold Diamond Ring staring at me from the scoop........AWESOME!!! No idea what its worth.....6 diamonds......any ideas?
 
It matches my wife's ring perfectly!
Beautiful find!
 
That is a stunning diamond /gold ring find, R. Danneskjold!:wav:

Mega congratulations on finding that one!

I wish you the best in your future hunts.

Lorraine
 
Another vote to Keep it! You can always find another but it wont be your first diamond ring

or

Sell it, you will find another diamond ring some day -you will certaintly believe that after looking at the ring daddy page!

its up to you! Good Luck!

I have my first Gold Ring! its a pretty Unique one and I wouldnt sell it!
 

Attachments

  • 168724_1781337616238_3769570_n.webp
    168724_1781337616238_3769570_n.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 92
View attachment 862941

My first Diamond RING!!!!!!

14K Gold Diamond Ring staring at me from the scoop........AWESOME!!! No idea what its worth.....6 diamonds......any ideas?

This ring is nice. I have also got my first diamond ring, my better half gave it to me on our engagement. :) How about it ?
I don't know about price of yours but mine is affordable and is inexpensive.

image1.webp
 
Congrats! very nice
 
Congrats on first diamond ring, value is mostly in the value of the gold...

We will NOT go quitely into the night!
 
Get it appraised to see what it is worth as a whole ring value. gold/diamonds nice find I would be jumping for joy.
 
WTG,Beautiful ring,the excitement on your first Diamond ring,PRICELESS,,HH:hello2:
 
Get it appraised to see what it is worth as a whole ring value. gold/diamonds nice find I would be jumping for joy.

Well, as a whole ring value, I can't say. But I do know that it is priceless for me, my future hubby has worked hard to earn and gift it to me. A gift is priceless, I would say, but if you still want to know the value, he bought it at a cost of $739 from daras diamonds. The actual value was much higher but due to our engagement they provided him extra discount. Thanks to them too! :icon_thumleft:
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom