🥇 BANNER First GOLD coin and its a 400 year GOLD HAMMERED!! :) :) :) :) :)

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks wow what a day ive had woke up feeling c**p and was meant to be going detecting early like i normally do but i stayed in bed but by 12.30 i was bored as hell so i went out on some pasture which i have done for years( 3 years) got my xp deus out for the boot and notice that i didnt have my head phones which i thought anyways got on the field and within 10mins i didnt have any good signals but then i have this screaming signal from the Deus box so i dug the plug of grass and turn it over and this GOLD HAMMERED was just laying there no joke i cried my eyes out for a good 5mins like a little baby i only cried as my late father always said jimmy you found any gold yet when he was alive and when he passed which was 11months ago today and ive always wanted to find some gold didnt have to be old gold just some gold so i can make him proud of me and today is my day my first ever gold item and its hammmered this day cant get any better ive only being detecting for just 3 years and i have put in 1000s of hours in and it have paid off

i was using a XP Deus 12Hz on GMP Mode and it was 3inchs on pasture aswel

the coin is a JAMES 1ST Quarter-laurel Minted in 1624ish

thanks every one and sorry about my spelling im no good 8-)

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 705
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 596
Upvote 50

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Un stinkin believable!! Amazing! Superb! Outstanding... I cound go on but I will stop. GREAT FIND!!!!!!!!!

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Kellyco Predator II, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly awesome find. I hope I pull coins of a similar gold tone out of the ground someday as well.

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmy UK, Congrats on a splendid find in perfect shape, I'd STILL be crying still.....

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Congratulations on a fantastic GOLD coin! Way to go! :) Breezie

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well found mate, One of those is top of my wish list. Congratulations on the Banner. Hutch.

rachums107

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
great find jimmy! Absolutley awesome! Any idea on value? do we have some old gold experts on here?

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great story and what a great find... that one's for the "ol man:icon_thumleft: Congrats

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It isn't luck that you would find that gold coin Jimmy and if no one understands that let me tell you I know what you feel.
You see it was your Dad that gave you an insight as to what time and place that you were supose to be at in order for you to find your first gold coin. That's why he had ask you if you had found any yet.
That piece is your Dad saying to you that he is proud of you and that you should never give up on your hopes and dreams while you yet live. I would take care of it Jimmy and keep it close always.

OP
OP
jimmy uk

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you people really kind of you all <3

It isn't luck that you would find that gold coin Jimmy and if no one understands that let me tell you I know what you feel.
You see it was your Dad that gave you an insight as to what time and place that you were supose to be at in order for you to find your first gold coin. That's why he had ask you if you had found any yet.
That piece is your Dad saying to you that he is proud of you and that you should never give up on your hopes and dreams while you yet live. I would take care of it Jimmy and keep it close always.

thank you spitfire you have made me cry after 5 months since i read this cheers mate peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread