Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noah's diary: Day 43.

Woolly mammoth steaks are truly delicious. Dragon soup not so much.
I was in Whitby on the North Sea one day, on the south side of the bay and there was a little cafe there I had not seen before. I went in and had a seat, and an old Chinese guy came over to serve me. I asked him what was good, and he asked if I wanted something "different" that normally not served. I said sure. He disappeared and came back shortly with a huge bowl of soup and some rice. He said very special. Dragon soup. I said what the heck and tried it. To be honest, tasted just like chicken soup to me.
The next time I went there the cafe was gone. I wondered if it had really happened or just some sort of dragon trick.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Whitby on the North Sea one day, on the south side of the bay and there was a little cafe there I had not seen before. I went in and had a seat, and an old Chinese guy came over to serve me. I asked him what was good, and he asked if I wanted something "different" that normally not served. I said sure. He disappeared and came back shortly with a huge bowl of soup and some rice. He said very special. Dragon soup. I said what the heck and tried it. To be honest, tasted just like chicken soup to me.
The next time I went there the cafe was gone. I wondered if it had really happened or just some sort of dragon trick.
Dragons and old Chinese guys are both real tricky!

OP
OP
S

Shanghaied

Feb 2, 2022
I
I hope he didn't give you chopsticks to eat with😜

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to watch some of them Brits too. They are sneaky smart.
Never get in a drinking contest with a bunch of British Marines and have them sneak in an Aussie.Ever tried to outdrink an Aussie?Can,t be done! Belize,1973.British Marine Jungle Operations School.Only American in a Company of Brits.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never get in a drinking contest with a bunch of British Marines and have them sneak in an Aussie.Ever tried to outdrink an Aussie?Can,t be done! Belize,1973.British Marine Jungle Operations School.Only American in a Company of Brits.
I heard that. The Brits I worked with could drink some beer. And maybe to beat that was the Slovaks I worked with. They had a plum brandy called Slivovica that would knock your socks off. And they could knock it back. I have no idea how I made it back to my hotel in Bratislava the first night I drank with them. Most drunk I had ever abused myself with.

OP
OP
S

Shanghaied

Feb 2, 2022

That is one big animal.
Wing spans of 80 ft. have been reported.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a matter of fact, he did. Ivory chop sticks. Used them to eat the dragon meat and drank the liquid soup. You have to make slurping noise when you drink it to be polite.
That would be the famous Dragon Ivory chopsticks! Only used in the finest Chinese establishments and only to accompany Dragon Soup. You have been honored!:happy3:
:happy3::happy3::happy3:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be the famous Dragon Ivory chopsticks! Only used in the finest Chinese establishments and only to accompany Dragon Soup. You have been honored!:happy3:
:happy3::happy3::happy3:
I felt very honored indeed. But to be hones I got terrible heartburn from the soup. It felt like my breath might ignite. That is when I started wondering if he fed me a fire breathing dragon. Fortunately, after a couple of pints the feeling was quenched.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that. The Brits I worked with could drink some beer. And maybe to beat that was the Slovaks I worked with. They had a plum brandy called Slivovica that would knock your socks off. And they could knock it back. I have no idea how I made it back to my hotel in Bratislava the first night I drank with them. Most drunk I had ever abused myself with.
I know what Slivovivca is,ouzo too.Both bad news if you,re not accustomed to it. In Belize it,s a fine rum that,ll do you in.At least the Brits will haul you to your cot and not leave you lying in the floor.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what Slivovivca is,ouzo too.Both bad news if you,re not accustomed to it. In Belize it,s a fine rum that,ll do you in.At least the Brits will haul you to your cot and not leave you lying in the floor.
I am not sure but I think traditional ouzo had some opium poppy in it. My brother brought some home from the navy. Maybe I dreamed the opium part. Tasted like licorice to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread