What's new

Found a Severed Head Yesterday--and Need Help

BuckleBoy

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
18,159
Reaction score
9,723
Golden Thread
4
Location
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,


I found this brass head yesterday. It measures 2 1/2 inches tall and 1 1/2 inches wide at the base. I think it is a famous person, but I would like to withold my guess of who it is and see if anyone comes to the same conclusion. The biggest question is: What is it? But to figure that out, we have to come to a definitive conclusion about who exactly it represents. Photos of front and back appear below--and thank you for your help.

-Buckles


Finds 005.webp


Finds 007.webp
 
mcmich said:
I think I found it but cannot screen shot the pic. See the Grover match safe. Maybe someone can help, see link
Great ID mcmich!! I think its over. The neck roll and the collar are the same.
Buckleboys find is just a little damaged and the nose a bit bent. :notworthy: :hello2:
I say green check Grover Cleveland match safe.

I reversed it because you found the other side to this picture. Height 2.6 inches.
 

Attachments

  • unknown head buckleboy.webp
    unknown head buckleboy.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 461
  • grover cleveland match safe.webp
    grover cleveland match safe.webp
    12 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0
Very nice ID and cool relic :hello2: :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Man, you guys are good! :headbang:


Incredible.


Thank you ALL for your Great help--This one is SOLVED. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
scratcher said:
My first thought was T.R. also but not with much confidence. Does anyone else think the ear is too small for Taft or Cleveland?
mrs.oroblanco said:
I do, but you cannot go by me - I think its Roosevelt. Here, you have to have a consensus to be correct.

B
Sorry, but the consensus wins. ;D
Keep in mind that BB's piece is smashed and broken and there are two sides to this matchbox.
They may have slight differences.
 
Upvote 0
Great ID . . .good job! Good find too! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Yes, I am 100% certain of the ID. There is a little notch in my find underneath the chin(s) where the push-button release for the lid was. Just like the photo.

Thanks again folks. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom