What's new

Found a Severed Head Yesterday--and Need Help

BuckleBoy

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
18,159
Reaction score
9,723
Golden Thread
4
Location
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,


I found this brass head yesterday. It measures 2 1/2 inches tall and 1 1/2 inches wide at the base. I think it is a famous person, but I would like to withold my guess of who it is and see if anyone comes to the same conclusion. The biggest question is: What is it? But to figure that out, we have to come to a definitive conclusion about who exactly it represents. Photos of front and back appear below--and thank you for your help.

-Buckles


Finds 005.webp


Finds 007.webp
 
mrs.oroblanco said:
Cleveland didn't have the double chin, though - Roosevelt certainly did. :laughing9:


B

Please see reply #2 for Cleveland's double chin. :)

I don't think this could be a bolo slide. Whatever it is, it will have a narrow time frame which might be useful for figuring out what it is. There are no solder marks on the back. :-\
 
Upvote 0
By George, he did get chubby too, eh?

Here's a Roosevelt pic, too. What about the glasses? And, Teddy is the one who liked the bolo ties - he liked to wear them when he was on a horse!

Boy, it is really hard to be sure!
 

Attachments

  • Teddy2.webp
    Teddy2.webp
    3.2 KB · Views: 527
Upvote 0
mrs.oroblanco said:
By George, he did get chubby too, eh?

Here's a Roosevelt pic, too. What about the glasses? And, Teddy is the one who liked the bolo ties - he liked to wear them when he was on a horse!

Boy, it is really hard to be sure!
Yeah, Cleveland was our second heaviest president at 250 pounds. Only Taft outweighed him at 300!
 
Upvote 0
I don't think Buckle Boys mystery man is wearing glasses.
 
Upvote 0
l.cutler said:
I don't think Buckle Boys mystery man is wearing glasses.

I lean towards NO glasses, here is a blowup, and just an illusion effect makes you think glasses I think, if you rotate this photo, the illusion is even less viewable. Only Buckles can say for sure since photos are hard to make final determinations compared to actually looking at the item thru a magnifier if needed....... I believe the crack is what is being construed as glasses

Don
 

Attachments

  • Finds 005.webp
    Finds 005.webp
    85 KB · Views: 559
Upvote 0
There are no glasses. Just some corrosion on the item. The mouth is actually open on the brass bust, and I think it was made that way.
 
Upvote 0
I noticed that the shirt collar on the piece found matches the pic that dcmatt posted. However I have no idea what it would have came off of.

HH Charlie
 
Upvote 0
Here is an Admiral Dewey spoon that I dug this spring. Look at the collar :dontknow:

VPR

 

Attachments

  • IMG_7895_1_1.webp
    IMG_7895_1_1.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_7895_1_1.webp
    IMG_7895_1_1.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 519
Upvote 0
It could be Larry King for all I know. But my hat's off to BuckleBoy for the best subject line I've seen since joining this forum. (Granted it was only a week ago.) :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
lamar said:
Dear group;
The caricature can't be Teddy Roosevelt because it doesn't look ANYTHING like Robin Williams...
Your friend;
LAMAR

LOL!! Good one, Lamar! Regards, Richard
 
Upvote 0
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Solved ! :notworthy:



Good work !! VPR

I must agree. That's the closest I've seen. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I was right behind you Mcmich :D I was just setting up my screenshot to post this:

jztm5g.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I think we're on the right track with some great research, but on second thought, the nose doesn't match. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was T.R. also but not with much confidence. Does anyone else think the ear is too small for Taft or Cleveland?
 
Upvote 0
I do, but you cannot go by me - I think its Roosevelt. Here, you have to have a consensus to be correct.

B
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom