What's new

Found my first Pestle today!

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I have found my 1st pestle today and couldn't be happier about it. Found it on my Woodland site. Found allot of broken flint and a few other keepers. HH, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC11284.webp
    SDC11284.webp
    616.8 KB · Views: 187
  • SDC11283.webp
    SDC11283.webp
    552 KB · Views: 166
  • SDC11277.webp
    SDC11277.webp
    302.5 KB · Views: 155
  • SDC11279.webp
    SDC11279.webp
    336.3 KB · Views: 154
  • SDC11280.webp
    SDC11280.webp
    278.4 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
Looks like your weekend is off to a good start! Nice finds.
 
good finds rock
always like that black flint but when do you tell me what kind it is??
 
Nice hoof man!
That flint looks blue to me...like Tennessee blue hornstone.
 
Congratulations! You are on a rool lately.
 
Im on vacation but have some other things I have to do besides artifact collecting. Wish I could go everyday.
 
good finds rock
always like that black flint but when do you tell me what kind it is??

I was told at the show it was Flintridge for the most. I do find allot of different colors though.
 
Tiny point isn't it? The last one was interesting it is a monolithic core but as you can see there is secondary flaking on the edge. They made it to a tool, scraper. Its rectangular in shape.
 
Great looking finds Rock! Looks like a good spot ya on.
 
Cool Tool! Good Find!

I like those, and that is a nice one.
 
nice finds,wish I could find a big artifacts like that.
 
nice finds,wish I could find a big artifacts like that.

Now I just have to find a Celt in that area. I would assume there should be one in the same area.
 
Nice hoof man!
That flint looks blue to me...like Tennessee blue hornstone.

Well been doing some research on the "Hoof Pestle" and Lar Hothem says its a Archaic period type. I know I found it near the woodland side but it was kinda between both sections. Found it interesting
 
Nice save Rock!! WTG!!!!!!!!
 
Rock they made those grinding pestles up until contact. Some got very elaborate as well.There is also a bell pestle and and acorn style among others. Great day out hunting you had.. I dug some lead today but the mosquitos were unreal.
Enjoy the vacation.
 
You've been on a roll.. Good for you.
I think I dug a copper point today.
 
Well Lar Hothem stated there were different designs made for different periods. I guess it is just what you choose to read and believe. I know I saw one today somebody had found recent in my area but his was a much taller version more of a Bell type. His was made of more hard stone. This one I found is made from quartzite
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom