What's new

Huntin in 2013

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both were skunks. Blah.
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm definitely going to hold on to it for a while.

I can't believe I found it in a reject tray.
 
Suuuweeeet! Very cool find there MM, ive never seen one before. Very cool! The reject tray is still treating you right. HH, Maverick
 
Last edited:
wow sick coin!!! very good detail on it! wow...
 
Sweet cull! definitely a score of a lifetime!
 
dang, not a cheap coin when I look at Ebay.... CONGRATS!
 
This is by far my oldest find. I can't stop looking at it, better than finding silver in my opinion.
 
Picked up a box of halves yesterday, found one 40%er: 1967.

Dumped the box of halves between two banks and found three Roosies between the reject trays:

1952D
1963
1964
 
Picked up a box of dimes and a box of halves yesterday.

The dimes gave up one Roosie: 1964D.

The halves gave up one 40%er: 1968D.
 
Picked up a box of dimes + $90 in CWR of halves today. The dimes gave up four keepers:

1965 80% silver Canadian

Roosies:
1952
1957
1960D

The halves gave up one 40%er: 1968D.

Not bad at all.
 
Nice job on the Dimes MM! No reject finds today? HH, Maverick.
 
Nah, I haven't found anything in the reject trays this week.

Last week I saw the same coin machine repair van at all of the branches I dump at. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

I also started seeing Loomis trucks and vans driving around in my town last week. I used to see only Garda and Dunbar.
 
Picked up a box of halves yesterday, it gave up six keepers:

1963D Franklin
1964
1966 x 2
1968D
1969D
 
Picked up a box of halves + $50 in CWR of halves today on my lunch break. Skunked on the CWR. The box will be searched later.

Dumped the $50 in halves before heading back to work and found two keepers in the reject tray:

1967 50% or 80% silver Canadian quarter
1943P war nickel

Is there any way to distinguish this quarter as to whether it is 50% or 80%? Do both versions weigh the same?
 
Sweet I have always liked the 1967 canadian centennial coins, i believe the people treat them as 65%ers but whenever i get a 1967 coin I assume it is a 50% silver coin since both percentages weigh the same.
 
Picked up a box of halves + $50 in CWR of halves today on my lunch break. Skunked on the CWR. The box will be searched later.

Dumped the $50 in halves before heading back to work and found two keepers in the reject tray:

1967 50% or 80% silver Canadian quarter
1943P war nickel

Is there any way to distinguish this quarter as to whether it is 50% or 80%? Do both versions weigh the same?

Some claim to be able to hear the difference. I think the weights are too close to being the same and then wear on top of that.
 
Sweet I have always liked the 1967 canadian centennial coins, i believe the people treat them as 65%ers but whenever i get a 1967 coin I assume it is a 50% silver coin since both percentages weigh the same.

Some claim to be able to hear the difference. I think the weights are too close to being the same and then wear on top of that.

Yeah, I'm just going to assume it's 50% and put it in my spreadsheet as that.

The box of halves I picked up yesterday gave up three keepers, a 90%er and two 40%ers:

1893 Columbian Exposition
1965
1968D

I have an 1892 Columbian Exposition half in my collection, which was passed down as follows:

Great-great-grandfather (who was actually at the Chicago World's Fair) -> Great-grandfather -> Grandfather -> Me

For some reason, my dad never got into coins and so was skipped over as the collection was being passed down.

Anyway, now I have an 1893 too! Finding that was pretty cool, at first I thought it was going to be a Walker with the way the edge was worn.
 
Dumped the halves from yesterday, found a keeper in the reject tray:

1961D Washington
 
Colombian exposition half must be pretty rare to find. Not familiar with the number of them made but gotta be more rare than barbers or walkers. Great find mastermind.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom