What's new

Huntin in 2013

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both were skunks. Blah.
 
Upvote 0
Nice man, 2 bens this week!

Boxes sure were skunky this week... ugh
 
Awesome job! keep it up, i wish the coin machines rejected silver for me... It always gets me curious to look inside the half dollar bag, I usually see silver in it too, but they "have to ship them out"...
 
Picked up a box of halves and a box of dimes yesterday. Skunked on the halves.

Box of dimes gave up three keepers:

1940 Mercury
1943D Mercury
1964 Canadian (80% silver)
 
1/7 on boxes of halves this week.

Found one 40%er last night, a 1969D, which ended a skunk streak that started last week.

Picking up two more boxes of halves today. I hope they are good.
 
1/10 on boxes of halves this week. One 40%er is all I had found.

Dumped some halves this morning and found a Roosie in the reject tray: 1963D.

Picked up two boxes of dimes, first box gave up one keeper:

1945 George VI Canadian (80%)

The second box gave up four keepers:

1941 Mercury
1949 George VI Canadian (80%)
1956D Roosie
1963 Roosie

Think I'll be calling my pick up banks to switch the orders for later in the week from halves to dimes. 8-)
 
I got 2 silver roosies from my last 9 dime boxes including 3 solid 2013... good luck.
1/10 on boxes of halves this week. One 40%er is all I had found.

Dumped some halves this morning and found a Roosie in the reject tray: 1963D.

Picked up two boxes of dimes, first box gave up one keeper:

1945 George VI Canadian (80%)

The second box gave up four keepers:

1941 Mercury
1949 George VI Canadian (80%)
1956D Roosie
1963 Roosie

Think I'll be calling my pick up banks to switch the orders for later in the week from halves to dimes. 8-)
 
Picked up three boxes of dimes yesterday, two were skunks. The third box gave up four Roosies:

1946
1960D
1964
1964D
 
Picked up a box of halves and a box of dimes over the weekend.

Skunked on the box of halves, which increased my skunk streak to 28 boxes.

The box of dimes gave up one Roosie: 1961.
 
Ouch man!!! Do you ever go on CWR/teller tray runs?? I always find something doing that! Boxes can be pretty dull sometimes. but 28 is ridiculous.

HH :occasion14:
 
Picked up a box of halves and a box of dimes over the weekend.

Skunked on the box of halves, which increased my skunk streak to 28 boxes.

The box of dimes gave up one Roosie: 1961.

You're about to catch me with my longest skunk streak, I'd have to look back at my old post but, I know it was at 28 and I think I made it to 32 before I broke it, that was brutal, if I remember I was only doing about 10 boxes a week and that was a 3 week skunk streak for me, good luck MM. HH, Maverick.
 
Ouch man!!! Do you ever go on CWR/teller tray runs?? I always find something doing that! Boxes can be pretty dull sometimes. but 28 is ridiculous.

HH :occasion14:

Every once in a while. I'll usually call around for CWR, and then stop in and pick them up and then dump them in between picking up boxes.

CWR are scarce for me. My biggest hit for CWR was 19 keepers out of $140 worth of halves, 17 40%ers and two 90%ers. The best roll having three 40%ers in it. That was around a year ago. I do find a lot of loose halves though, usually snag one or two 40%ers a week that way.

No doubt about it, I get more silver from reject tray finds than from CWR or teller trays. It's just that I started using bags to dump my halves, so I don't frequent the coin machines as much these days.
 
You're about to catch me with my longest skunk streak, I'd have to look back at my old post but, I know it was at 28 and I think I made it to 32 before I broke it, that was brutal, if I remember I was only doing about 10 boxes a week and that was a 3 week skunk streak for me, good luck MM. HH, Maverick.

Sadly, I'm almost there. I picked up two boxes of halves yesterday and they were both skunks, increasing my streak to 30 boxes.
 
Ouch man... my largest skunk streak was ~50 boxes over the span of 6 months in 2011. My current skunk streak is 12-15 I lost count. I Should have 9 boxes coming in this week, hopefully the streak doesn't grow.
Good luck buddy,
 
I'm going to focus on dimes for a month or two. Maybe do some more nickels here and there.

As I've been picking up my boxes of halves, I've been telling the manager to switch my orders going forward to dimes.

If all goes well, I should have 24 boxes of dimes to search each week starting next Monday.
 
I'm going to focus on dimes for a month or two. Maybe do some more nickels here and there.

As I've been picking up my boxes of halves, I've been telling the manager to switch my orders going forward to dimes.

If all goes well, I should have 24 boxes of dimes to search each week starting next Monday.


Ooh man, I remember doing like 7 boxes of dimes in a row before... my eyes hurt just thinking about that... lol
 
Haha, yeah. The most I've ever done in one sitting was eight. My eyes were definitely buggin' out.
 
Picked up a box of halves + $50 CWR of halves and a box of dimes.

Skunked on both the CWR and the box of halves, pushing my skunk streak to 31 boxes.

The box of dimes gave up one Roosie: 1946.
 
Picked up a box of halves + $50 CWR of halves and a box of dimes.

Skunked on both the CWR and the box of halves, pushing my skunk streak to 31 boxes.

The box of dimes gave up one Roosie: 1946.

Hang in there MM, something will show up. HH, Maverick.
 
Thanks, mav. I haven't seen much silver in the last few weeks.

I picked up two skunky dime boxes last night, I'm going to dump them into the machines today on my lunch break in hopes to round up at least a few grams of silver. I haven't used a coin machine for dumping in a little while.

I'm also picking up two more boxes of halves today on my lunch break. I'm hoping they will break this streak.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom