What's new

Huntin in 2013

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both were skunks. Blah.
 
Upvote 0
Picked up a box of halves and a box of dimes today, found a Roosie in the teller's tray: 1964D.

The box of dimes was all 2013P.

The box of halves gave up six 40%ers, three of which were enders:

1967 x 4
1968D x 2
 
Went out on my lunch break with $15.

Picked up a roll of quarters + $1.50 in loose halves. The loose halves gave up two 40%ers:

1967
1968D

Dumped the quarters and the lone clad half, ticket read $10.88 (+.38).

Picked up two rolls of dimes and two rolls of nickels, found nothing, dumped them. No gain.

Picked up a roll of quarters and a roll of dimes. The quarters were all 2013P Great Basin, dimes gave up nothing. Dumped them and the loose change I gained earlier and the ticket read $16.11 (+.73).

Two 40%ers and $1.11 for free from the coin machines, not too shabby.
 
awesome job man, you always seem to do good making extra cash with the coin machines! I am trying to find a source that has solid national park quarter rolls. I think it might be worth saving a roll of each type...
hh
Went out on my lunch break with $15.

Picked up a roll of quarters + $1.50 in loose halves. The loose halves gave up two 40%ers:

1967
1968D

Dumped the quarters and the lone clad half, ticket read $10.88 (+.38).

Picked up two rolls of dimes and two rolls of nickels, found nothing, dumped them. No gain.

Picked up a roll of quarters and a roll of dimes. The quarters were all 2013P Great Basin, dimes gave up nothing. Dumped them and the loose change I gained earlier and the ticket read $16.11 (+.73).

Two 40%ers and $1.11 for free from the coin machines, not too shabby.
 
I went to Wal-Mart late last night to pick up some camping supplies, as I am going camping this weekend. On my way out I checked the Coinstar reject tray and found a Roosie sitting there:

1954S

Went out on my lunch break today with $50.

Picked up five rolls of quarters, which gave up nothing.

Dumped the quarters, found an Ike clanging around in the machine. Checked the reject tray and found two keepers:

1944 Mercury
1964D Roosie

Grabbed my ticket from the machine and it read $51.32. The overage at the coin machine plus the Ike I found in it puts me at +$2.32 today, on top of several grams of free silver between last night and today.

8-)
 
I went to Wal-Mart late last night to pick up some camping supplies, as I am going camping this weekend. On my way out I checked the Coinstar reject tray and found a Roosie sitting there:

1954S

Went out on my lunch break today with $50.

Picked up five rolls of quarters, which gave up nothing.

Dumped the quarters, found an Ike clanging around in the machine. Checked the reject tray and found two keepers:

1944 Mercury
1964D Roosie

Grabbed my ticket from the machine and it read $51.32. The overage at the coin machine plus the Ike I found in it puts me at +$2.32 today, on top of several grams of free silver between last night and today.

8-)

Nice, I have checked my Walmart coinstar at least 30 times and have come up with 1 cent. My giant eagle coinstar produces a silver one out of every 5 times I look probably.
 
I don't really check Coinstars very often, that was my first find from one.
 
Picked up one lone roll of nickels today on my lunch break, scored a 1943P war nickel.

Dumped them and found a Roosie in the reject tray: 1948.

Even with no bankroll to hunt with, I'm still adding to the pile. Little by little, gram by gram.

8-)
 
dude, that is awesome! Keep on doing what your doing, it seems like the silver just keeps coming to ya!
Picked up one lone roll of nickels today on my lunch break, scored a 1943P war nickel.

Dumped them and found a Roosie in the reject tray: 1948.

Even with no bankroll to hunt with, I'm still adding to the pile. Little by little, gram by gram.

8-)
 
Didn't find any silver today. But I did get some free cash.

Threw $0.36 into the coin machine, when the ticket printed out it read $6.85 (+$6.49).

Picked up $2.00 in loose halves, nothing. Dumped the halves + the $0.85, ticket reads $3.26 (+$0.41).

Managed to get paid $6.90 (minus the original $0.36 I started out with) today, just to drive a mile or two and throw some change into a machine.

8-)
 
That is pretty cool! How come you always get so much more than you put in the machine, is this all from the reject? I think a day like today for you is better than finding a silver dime in the reject! :)
 
Picked up one lone roll of nickels today on my lunch break, scored a 1943P war nickel.

Dumped them and found a Roosie in the reject tray: 1948.

Even with no bankroll to hunt with, I'm still adding to the pile. Little by little, gram by gram.

8-)

I have been in the same boat lately. I recycled the same $40 several times and had some good luck. Kept it pimpin, Pimpin!
 
That is pretty cool! How come you always get so much more than you put in the machine, is this all from the reject? I think a day like today for you is better than finding a silver dime in the reject! :)

The coin machines in two of my dump banks get used HEAVILY. And they are real finicky. It's usually a combination of coins left in the reject tray/tube, coins left in the machine itself, or coins that got stuck in the metal thing you put your coins into when starting off.
 
Nice, what do the tellers think when they see you coming in every day with $0.36 in change? lol :P
The coin machines in two of my dump banks get used HEAVILY. And they are real finicky. It's usually a combination of coins left in the reject tray/tube, coins left in the machine itself, or coins that got stuck in the metal thing you put your coins into when starting off.
 
Picked up $30 in loose halves today, snagged a 90%er: 1964!

This was after the teller said: "Don't even bother, none of them are silver." :laughing9:

8-)
 
Picked up $30 in loose halves today, snagged a 90%er: 1964!

This was after the teller said: "Don't even bother, none of them are silver." :laughing9:

8-)

Mastermind, I'm a newbie...how does the coin star sort for you? I spent two hours sorting through change the other day and then dumped the clad into the machine to cash back out. Will the coinstar machine separate or reject silver coins from clad? Fill me in... Thanks for the help/training. Jason
 
Coinstar machines reject silver; but, for whatever reason, not all of the time.

I don't use Coinstar machines for dumping.
 
From an intrigued newbie- are the silver coins worth more in melt or selling outright, like to collectors, eBay, coin shops?
 
I went to Wal-Mart late last night to pick up some camping supplies, as I am going camping this weekend. On my way out I checked the Coinstar reject tray and found a Roosie sitting there:

1954S

Nice find MM...6th rarest date of the FDR Silver set. :icon_thumleft:
 
Picked up three boxes of halves + $12 in loose halves today. Skunked on the loose halves, but when I went to dump them I found three keepers in the reject tray:

1954D Washington
1958 Roosie
1962D Roosie

8-)

The boxes will be searched tonight after work.

EDIT: Scored just one 40%er from the three boxes.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom