What's new

Huntin in 2013

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both were skunks. Blah.
 
Upvote 0
From an intrigued newbie- are the silver coins worth more in melt or selling outright, like to collectors, eBay, coin shops?

The majority are just worth melt, but you will get the best prices at an LCS usually. Some dates may be worth over melt.
 
Picked up three rolls of quarters + $2.50 in loose halves. Skunked.

Dumped them at my favorite dump bank and scored a dateless Standing Liberty quarter from the reject tray!

My first found out in the wild, and only the second total in my collection.

The thing is worn so freakin' thin.

8-) 8-) 8-)
 
That is freakin' sweet!! not bad for an otherwise skunky day, huh? :)
Picked up three rolls of quarters + $2.50 in loose halves. Skunked.

Dumped them at my favorite dump bank and scored a dateless Standing Liberty quarter from the reject tray!

My first found out in the wild, and only the second total in my collection.

The thing is worn so freakin' thin.

8-) 8-) 8-)
 
Yeah, man! I wish I could see a date, but oh well. It's almost as thin as a guitar pick.
 
Skunked on $80 in MWR of halves that I picked up on my lunch break today.

Dumped them and found a Roosie in the reject tray, then when I went to get my cash I bought another Roosie from the teller's tray:

1958D
1963D

8-)
 
Skunked on $80 in MWR of halves that I picked up on my lunch break today.

Dumped them and found a Roosie in the reject tray, then when I went to get my cash I bought another Roosie from the teller's tray:

1958D
1963D

8-)

That is great. Did you notice it in the teller tray or did it get offered to you?
 
I noticed it. It was set aside, and I asked the teller as flirty and charming as I could if I would be able to purchase it. She replied, "Well, I was saving it for my dad. But we really aren't supposed to buy from our own till. So, sure."

Flirty and charming is a CRHer's best offense.
 
Man, I still have yet to find silver in a dime/quarter tray!!! Im always looking too... just never happened yet :/

The one time I thought I found one, it turned out to be canadian. DOH

HH
 
Picked up $410 in CWR of halves today, snagged five 40%ers:

1966 x 2
1967 x 2
1968D

Dumped them and found a Roosie in the reject tray: 1951S.

8-)
 
Picked up $410 in CWR of halves today, snagged five 40%ers:

1966 x 2
1967 x 2
1968D

Dumped them and found a Roosie in the reject tray: 1951S.

8-)

Awesome. I'm going to ht the streets tomorrow. Hopefully I will get some silver.
 
Picked up $20 in CWR of halves + $5 in loose halves on my lunch break today, skunked.

Dumped them and found a Roosie in the reject tray: 1964.
 
Hey MM, man, you're still killing it on the reject tray finds huh, very cool! HH< Maverick.
 
Hey MM, man, you're still killing it on the reject tray finds huh, very cool! HH< Maverick.

They're my bread and butter since I used my CRH bankroll for finishing an addition on my house. I'll usually go out with $50 or under on my lunch break and pick up whatever CWR, MWR, or loose halves I can find just so I can dump them and work the coin machines. Overages and reject/teller tray finds are adding up!
 
do you keep your reject silver aside from your actual crh silver? i'd love to see a picture of your reject silver pile :)
They're my bread and butter since I used my CRH bankroll for finishing an addition on my house. I'll usually go out with $50 or under on my lunch break and pick up whatever CWR, MWR, or loose halves I can find just so I can dump them and work the coin machines. Overages and reject/teller tray finds are adding up!
 
do you keep your reject silver aside from your actual crh silver? i'd love to see a picture of your reject silver pile :)

I do not. It all goes together. I will separate out silver proofs and nicer coins and put them in 2x2's. For instance, in the beginning of the year I had two boxes that gave up some incredible looking Bens. They were clean, bright, and just simply beautiful.
 
Picked up three boxes of halves, a box of dimes + $95 in MWR of dimes over the weekend. Skunked on all of it.

Dumped it all today, managed to snag a 1942 Washington from the teller's tray. The only silver I've found since 7/31.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves and a box of dimes yesterday.

One box of halves was a skunk. The second box gave up four 40%ers:

1966
1967 x 3

The box of dimes gave up two Roosies:

1946
1962D
 
Picked up two boxes of dimes + $140 in CWR of halves today on my lunch break.

Skunked on the halves. Dumped them and found three Roosies in the reject tray:

1948
1960
1961
 
you are having decent luck in that reject tray!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom