What's new

I been ponderin.

Another question for you folks what is the best handgun to carry?

What is better, Ford or Chevy?
Who is right, dingers or arkies?
etc etc

My personal opinion, I like the S&W M&Pc for CCW. I prefer .40 over 9mm, but that's another can of worms. Best thing to do is find a range/shop that will rent/loan and try a few out. Also, the holster is 1/2 the equation in a comfortable carry and its concealment. My preference is the Galco IWB, about $40 and a comfortable fit. Full leather backing that forms itself to your body after a few wears.
 
James bond got by with a small .380, It was a ppk or variation of it. Small light and effective. Frank hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
James bond got by with a small .380

S&W makes the Bodyguard, a well regarded .380 CCW.

I prefer bigger caliber here, we have too many tweakers. They won't feel much, so you need a trump card.
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck" - credited to too many different people, a good quote nonetheless.
 
A Ruger SP101 is nice for a carry weapon. It will fire 38's for the wife and 357 mags for me. It's a short barreled, 5-shot revolver so it is also slim and easy to conceal. Has a little "heft" to it which absorbs some recoil. I prefer a revolver over a semi due to reliability. I may be wrong on that point but that's my mindset.
Scoop, I don't think we are really disagreeing. I think we just have different opinions and, to me anyway, we both make valid points. Shake?
 
I was just answering a post above. Actually for me it's a Glock 26 (9mm) or the Texas defender (.45 colt and .410-000 buck)
I only carry in remote areas. Maryland is not to gracious in granting CCP's. Frank
hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
Last edited:
Frank, you NEVER want to look at it from a broad's perspective!
:laughing7: I think he meant a wider overview of the topic .
> You never know what a 'broad's 'perspective might be . She might laugh , cry , puke on your carpet , or go all redeyed and fang showing and blow a hole in you that a stagecoach and team of six would fit through :BangHead:
 
I try not to look at a broads perspective for to long ya get slapped that way
 
just a little side note, I was waiting for my daughter in the high school parking lot when a dad pulls up in a pick up, with shot guns on the gun rack in the back witndow. there are signs everywhere, "no firearms allowed" legal? I think not, but most folk hunt around here, & it was accepted. hmmm
 
mamabear, in my state, the rules for schools & firearms are this;
no carry on school grounds
ok in vehicle with caveats;
-ok to leave locked in a vehicle at colleges & universities
-cannot leave unattended in vehicle at primary & high schools

We travelled through Texas a while back, their school law was a simple "no firearms within 1,000 ft of a school". I wondered how that effected the nearby residents.

All depends on state, and of course the local community. Sounds like yours knows its people and common sense prevails. I remember leaving my .22 rifle on a gun rack in my truck when I was in high school. Wasn't any big deal then.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom