What's new

I blame this site

Hammer287

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2017
Messages
77
Reaction score
174
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northwest Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, since I came to this site I have been totally absorbed with the British TV show the detectorists found on Netflix. What a great show. I feel like I discovered water. Nothing got done yesterday as I binge watched the first two seasons and now can't wait to see more. My first detector is arriving today so as the house crumbles I will finally be able to begin my new hobby.
 
Well, good for you on your new detector. Now, don't waste any more valuable detecting time by sitting home watching tv.:icon_thumleft:
 
Yep..... Your TV days are about to end. Welcome to the addiction.

HH, RN
 
Love that show...the best quotes.


"You're one of us now....Just need some camouflage.
~ Why do detectorists wear camouflage?
To hide from predators.
~ Of course."
 
Enjoy your new detector and being outdoors
 
Keep practicing the gold dance until you get it right.
 
Love that show...the best quotes.


"You're one of us now....Just need some camouflage.
~ Why do detectorists wear camouflage?
To hide from predators.
~ Of course."

Yeah, we need to design a new Camouflage Clothing line and instead of being Realtree, we will call it RealDetector. Instead of leaves, trees, tree bark and branches, it would have Silver and other Coinage such as Seated Liberty Quarters and Half Dollars, Spanish 8 Reale Pieces, Pine Tree & Oak Tree Coins, Fugio Cents, Celtic...Roman & Medieval Coins, Iron Age Axes & Spears, Copper Age Spears & Arrowheads, Crotal Bells, G.W. Inaugural Buttons, Revolutionary & Civil War Buttons...Belt Plates & Cannon Balls and a few WWI and WWII Relics thrown in here and there.


Frank
 
Well, since I came to this site I have been totally absorbed with the British TV show the detectorists found on Netflix. What a great show. I feel like I discovered water. Nothing got done yesterday as I binge watched the first two seasons and now can't wait to see more. My first detector is arriving today so as the house crumbles I will finally be able to begin my new hobby.

You wont find a third season of the Detectorists, they only made 2. Check out Family Tree produced by Christopher Guest. I think its also on Netflix. It's also only 2 seasons long, but it's got the same smart humor as the Detectorists, and PACE yourself!!
 
And you will never look at a matchbox car find the same either.
 
Hey we will gladly to take the blame on you finding a great hobby. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.:icon_thumleft:
 
huntsman 53, you forgot the pull tabs.
 
At least you will have a good exercise regiment. Physically fit as you dig in the ground......
 
huntsman 53, you forgot the pull tabs. On second thought, sew about 100 of them on a baseball cap, other detector people would understand it in a heartbeat.
 
huntsman 53, you forgot the pull tabs. On second thought, sew about 100 of them on a baseball cap, other detector people would understand it in a heartbeat.

Better yet, get you a trainable metal detector, make a shock collar out of the pull tabs and wrap them around the top (hee, hee collar) of the coil so it will recognize a pull tab's signal. Then if the metal detector hones in on a signal and when you dig it, it is a pull tab, then give the coil a good old shock. Hey, it works on Coon Dogs!:laughing7::tongue3:


Frank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom