Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ebay idiots have struck...

Recently sold a 12v auto hammer. Tool only, no charger or battery.

Guy sends me a "return message" on ebay just now. Says he can get an 18v auto hammer for the same price and (mine) just isnt worth it for the "little work it will do". Asks me for a return.

I replied that I do not accept returns and that the item description states it clearly in my return policy.

Lets see how this turns out for me...

Good luck with this one . Geeesh .

Good luck Ben.I think ebay would take your side over his since you described exactly what your item was.He can't just change his mind because he found something else in the meantime but sometimes ebay fights just aren't worth the negative feedback you might get.Hope you get it worked out.

Ben, my brother does e-bay all the time, cap guns, and he's had his share of the poop you're facing right now.

And that is one reason I've never gone there, except by accident...

Good luck on this new ADVENTURE you face :(

Good luck Ben.I think ebay would take your side over his since you described exactly what your item was.He can't just change his mind because he found something else in the meantime but sometimes ebay fights just aren't worth the negative feedback you might get.Hope you get it worked out.

Exactly... I've had people get a hold of me wanting to return something electrical saying it didn't work that I knew worked fine. I told them if you send it back & it doesn't work I'll refund your money but if I get it & test it & it works like I know it does then I'm not refunding anything nor re shipping it to them unless they pay for shipping again.

Only 1 time did someone return the item & just like I knew it did work. Was a faceplate to a car stereo & she bought it hoping it would work on a different model & she even admitted it when I told her it worked fine once I got it back. She ended up out her money & the item, she didn't want it back. I said I'll ship it back & you can resell it but she declined & left bad feedback. Can't win them all!

He will probably drop the issue unless he opens a case against you. Don't let it bother you one bit. I have had a bad week when there were 3 cases opened against me... all for complete B.S., I became paranoid that my buyers were conspiring against me or something. LOL I did refund most of those funds to get them off my back and leave the worry behind.

If he does open a case against you, rest assured ebay will take his side, regardless of the wording in your description. Lets just hope he drops it.

Make him send it back and refund him. If he opens a case he has to return it anyways. If you have 100% feedback I accept returns up to 30 days. I've had 1 in 3 years. Most people want a partial refund anyways. That's more annoying

Well, update:

So far, no reply from him but I suspect this is not over.

My plan is to hold firm and decline to offer a return. I will cite ebay policy to the best of my ability in my argument.

If he opens a claim, then I will let the chips fall. If I have to take a negative, so be it. Doesnt really bother me because I did nothing wrong.

UPDATE:

Unusual conclusion... The buyer did not respond to my "request denied" response to his request to return the item.

Today he left me positive feedback... Very weird but I'll take it!

UPDATE:

Unusual conclusion... The buyer did not respond to my "request denied" response to his request to return the item.

Today he left me positive feedback... Very weird but I'll take it!

HAHA...Well its good it turned out that way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back