I THINK I JUST DUG A GW BUTTON IN CANADA!

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Just seen the Indian artifact go up...then the 4 real....hope this goes on top too...it deserves to be there!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seen the Indian artifact go up...then the 4 real....hope this goes on top too...it deserves to be there!

I don't tend to pay much attention to the indian stuff, but those are pretty awesome... and actually looks like fun too.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There doesn't seem to be any inaugural buttons on there now, I guess that makes some room for one now doesn't it?

yep, there's one. Now that might just be the reason, they're more worried about pretty banner pictures of different finds than giving a guy a well deserved first banner.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, me again, I'm just posting again to collect the easy like. :laughing7:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• bm.jpg
    bm.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 54

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
yep, there's one. Now that might just be the reason, they're more worried about pretty banner pictures of different finds than giving a guy a well deserved first banner.

Pretty pictures?!???!!

I just took a quick look at the recently taken pretty pictures.... Pretty sh...shocking!!

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
I don't tend to pay much attention to the indian stuff, but those are pretty awesome... and actually looks like fun too.

I hear you...I'm not too big on Indian artifacts ..not that they don't deserve to be on the banner..because they do..but not my cup of tea...Hopefully this will go on top too...although it probably got more attention because it hasn't happened "yet"

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't have two GWs at once? :dontknow:

Attachments

• coal-stocking.jpg
    coal-stocking.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I'm sure it will be on top ...maybe early 2016...I can't believe what I'm seeing

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Pepp, again I think the button is fabulous. It looks worn and banged up in all the right ways. It's a perfect representation of the toughness of GW, and the hard times the U.S. went through following the revolution. Look that that button -it's a survivor, a symbol, and an icon in all its holed glory. It's more than a find. It's a survivor that made its way to Canada and 226 years later, into your hands.

Although it's akin to my buttons up on banner, it's a whole different button with a different meaning. I feel most members also note the difference and agree that it belongs up on top despite Banner Criteria. Your button is a world apart from mine despite the same origin, and I hope it's seen as such.

Everything aside, congrats on what I think it a museum piece.

Steve

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try....me being me, if the world goes dark...well.....:D

Well Bill, I tried. When I entered treasurenet, it tells me the web page is not available......:(:banghead:
I also picked a frown face....and it inserted a smiley one....idk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone for the continued support and a great sense of ha-ha of this great find(my feeling towards it anyways). I'm going back to go dig some iron from the site this morning and to see if I'll dig up a dream.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the continued support and a great sense of ha-ha of this great find(my feeling towards it anyways). I'm going back to go dig some iron from the site this morning and to see if I'll dig up a dream.

Jim, I assume you have a pinpointer. A little trick is to dig extra large holes and use the pinpointer to search for additional targets that might have been masked. It obviously works best where there was a lot of non iron targets to find in the first place.... but as we both know it only takes one, the right one.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this can now bump and replace the current GW on the banner. :thumbsup:

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on, let's get this baby up top. What's the hold up??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread