I'm reaching the breaking point with Oak Island ...how bout you ?

ICON

Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the show is filmed months or a year ago , you know if they found treasure , it would be on the news !!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, what wonderful, contradictory theories do we have this week? French instead of English on the 90 ' stone translation, the owner of a small nearby island who lives in AZ comes in with his theory that his little island is connected to Oak island by tunnels and because of a carved foot found on his island(which looks like it turns into a sandbar during storms), he has the answer and is willing to share for 15%. Hey, it's our turn and this guy named T.J.Beale from VA buried treasure from Co on the island 50 years before his legend states his treasure hunt began but what the heck, we'll only request 12%. Silly fools, if they had found anything of value you are correct, we would have heard.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note, they are the silly fools, they could have retired on what they are throwing away. I would like to have just a portion to call it retirement on.

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I kind of feel sorry for Marty. I believe he's supposed to be an engineer and he has the most logical and analytical mind in the group. He has surrounded himself with (mostly) people that seem to operate purely on emotion and sentimentality. He gets outvoted on things and is outwardly gracious in his defeat. Plus he's trying to do the whole thing while maintaining a good relationship with his brother

I guess Craig is also an engineer of some kind.

Personally I feel like I'm always better off following my head instead of my heart. The heart just leads me to more fun and exciting things so it's tough. I guess that's what makes us human.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't worry about the money, I am certain they are getting more than they spend

if anyone offered me enough money I could spend a lot of time hunting for anything
you don't really think they are paying for that new equipment with the name displayed?

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man bun sighted!

A bun? on a man? - Narrator

CTwoods

Dec 9, 2015
east central Connecticut
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have not owned a TV in years, so I am lucky. :)

Back when I first read about it in the 1960s, it sounded like nonsense...

Two story lines:

-one said the 3 boys saw a block and tackle hanging from a big limb over a depression.

-other story said they saw a sawed off big limb over the depression, so nobody "could" use a block and tackle..

does either make sense at all, if you wanted to hide something?

duh

people have always been prone to concoct stories, out of boredom, or to get attention.

able_walker

Jun 25, 2007
Look at how much stuff got left behind in an old civil war camp....that to me is why I can't believe anything is there even though I want there to be. A huge project like that involving fifty men or whatever would have left behind picks and shovels and tackle and buttons and spoons...etc...etc...etc but none of that stuff has ever been found.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay Truth1253, but does it have you picking up old wood and smelling it and saying "That's old wood!"?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay Truth1253, but does it have you picking up old wood and smelling it and saying "That's old wood!"?

Yes it has. Every piece of wood in my house smells like Pledge. I want that old stinky stuff the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lemon, Orange oil or the wood scented stuff. My wife uses the stuff and they all have the same smell after a while, but I'm don't have to pick up an old dark piece of rotted wood to tell that it is old. I'll do it if some Network wants to pay me but it better be worth it to stand on tv and pick up old, muddy, rotted boards, sniff them and sa..."That's old!".

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lemon, Orange oil or the wood scented stuff. My wife uses the stuff and they all have the same smell after a while, but I'm don't have to pick up an old dark piece of rotted wood to tell that it is old. I'll do it if some Network wants to pay me but it better be worth it to stand on tv and pick up old, muddy, rotted boards, sniff them and sa..."That's old!".

I bet it smelled like Mud :icon_thumleft:

the real trick is to gnaw on it like a beaver :laughing7:

Last edited:

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The idea I can't get is the one about Shakespeare's manuscripts. Why would you hide them in the first place? But more than that, why put them in the elements and set up a booby trap to flood them? I'm sure they would be valuable and everything but...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread