What's new

Is this part of a banner stone or debris from bathroom remodel?

eastTNJoe

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
546
Reaction score
616
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the morning off so I did probably my last hunt for the summer. Found some bases and broken points...nothing too spectacular...also found this object. I know it is worked and my first thought was it was half of a banner stone, but I didn't want to get too excited because I figure my imagination was starting to run a bit wild...I have seen some pics of banners and they look so more polished, ornamental and even larger....I would love input from the forum and won't be upset if it just some broken modern item. Thanks for any thoughts!
20130730_215058.webp20130730_214932.webp20130730_214927.webp20130730_214908.webp20130730_214843.webp20130730_214837.webp20130730_214818.webp
 
Upvote 0
Joe looks like these guys have done a good job on the i.d. . It is very worn on the edges indication of an ancient break. Must be a very good area though to find an artifact like that !

Enjoyed the chat the other night and hard to believe we were neighbors for so many years and our back lots joined each other. Yet we meet on here... Small world sir.
Happy Hunting
TnMtns
 
funny at first glance i thought spear shaft abrader

just goes to show how little i know (nothing) abut a banner stone



hope the rest of it comes to you someday

larson1951
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom