What's new

Little Arrowheads

quito

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
4,638
Reaction score
4,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Kinda cool they could be so small.

Lets see your little guys.

DSCN3327.webp
 
Upvote 0
Boy, those are small. I don't see how they were able to make them.
 
I was told by a Archy that they believed these I find were used in a Blow Dart in my area. What yall think Dart or Arrow?
Pics help
 

Attachments

  • SDC11277.webp
    SDC11277.webp
    302.5 KB · Views: 200
  • SDC11292.webp
    SDC11292.webp
    313.6 KB · Views: 216
  • SDC11433.webp
    SDC11433.webp
    321.7 KB · Views: 187
  • SDC11703.webp
    SDC11703.webp
    306.4 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
I was told by a Archy that they believed these I find were used in a Dart gun in my area. What yall think Dart or Arrow?
Pics help

Look at the width of the base of your points, would it be way to wide for a narrow arrow shaft? The width of the base is a pretty good indicator as to what it may have been halfted to.
 
Last edited:
Very nice points. HH. RJ
 
Those are really nice. Congrats on just being able to see them! GL&HH.
 
Wow! I'll try to find and get a pic up of the one or two tiny points I've found. I always figured they were 'true' arrowheads. But the dart gun- or reed- sound plausible too. Interesting thought Yakker
 
Here's a some of my smaller Points. The first picture is Arizona. the next two are Nevada, the 4th is Montana, and the last is Utah.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0217.webp
    DSC_0217.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC_0066.webp
    DSC_0066.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC_0050.webp
    DSC_0050.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC_0050.webp
    DSC_0050.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC_0049.webp
    DSC_0049.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 194
I love the single basal notching on those SW points. Those are great.
 
are they more aerodynamic?
 
this is my smallest...found it on the beach one day years ago right exactly as I decided to leave for the day and literally took one step and nearly landed on it. The tip is translucent red carnelian.
 

Attachments

  • DSC02369.webp
    DSC02369.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 177
Here's the three littlest "birdies " I've found (central Illinois). Nice pics guys, and "Quito",tell me that's not a quarter you laid those on![emoji12]ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422723564.302179.webp
 
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422737445.913591.webp
.. guess this is all I got left.. the rest were special .. but better given at Christmas
 
Wow! I'll try to find and get a pic up of the one or two tiny points I've found. I always figured they were 'true' arrowheads. But the dart gun- or reed- sound plausible too. Interesting thought Yakker

My mistake don't know why I said Dart Gun I meant Blow Dart.
 
Here we go- my 2 smallest. And I'm still amazed I could actually see them...

0130151620.webp
 
Gee ... my "little guy" looks HUGE (yet, incomplete -- he has such a complex!) compared to these others.

photo.jpg

Found in North Carolina ca. 1967

--Guy
 
larsen has a child's bow don' he?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom