πŸ₯‡ BANNER Low hopes and an entry level detector but I still ended up finding an awesome relic!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how I missed this the first time . That is an amazing piece of history that has been brought back into the light

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy used to kill it with his F2 he used it for years and always prevailed! Great find could you imagine carrying that around to tell time hahaha they had it rough back then we sooo take it for granted!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how this works for poison ivy but I know it works for poison oak, Boil manzanita leaves then use the water to wash off with it gets rid of it in days.And you aren't pink like you are with caladryl. For future reference.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Update guys: After a few phone calls with the local museum, I am going to the museum today to put my sundial and some more artifact on loan there.

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a great thing to do. It will be somewhere that people can see and appreciate instead of sitting at your your house in your personal display. Be sure to use the opportunity to make some connections with people that might be able to give you access or information about new hunting sites.

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to bump up this old thread but I thought you would be happy to know that my sundial is on display at the town hall, along with a bunch of my other finds in which I put on loan. I just checked out the display today and was very pleased. The curator put a date of 1740-1780 on the plaque card. Also saying that it was also most likely made by Miller or the Miller family. I will try to upload photos of the plaque and the display soon.

I also wrote an article about sundial a while back, which was finally published in Western and Eastern Treasures, in the January Issue. I got an envelope in the mail with a copy of the magazine and a check today. I had forgotten all about my article, having not heard back, and was surprised to see it in the mail today. Today has been an exciting day :)

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! It is great to see these items displayed in public rather than hid in a drawer or box. Hats off to you Sir!

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! It is great to see these items displayed in public rather than hid in a drawer or box. Hats off to you Sir!

Thanks, I'm sure that many people will see it too, considering the fact that the glass display case, embedded into the wall, is right next to the line in which people form to speak with the representative at the town hall. That means that people will have something to look at while waiting in line. It is also the place where you go to get your dog licence, and with some early dog licences from my town on display, including the oldest known for my town, it seems kind of cool. I also sent the curator a photocopy of my article, which he wants to put on display with my sundial, the article pretty much tells the story of the find and how it was found. He also contacted the local newspaper and asked if they wanted to interview me, which they were interested in doing and hope to find a time. In awhile my artifacts will be moved from the town hall to the museum.

I agree with you, for me it seem that what's the point of having a very cool artifact that you discovered if it is not being enjoyed by anyone and just sitting in a dusty drawer or box. In this case it will be viewed daily by many people, along with the many other of my artifacts.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the card from it in the museum, I blocked out the town for privacy reasons.
20151214_152619 (1).jpg

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go F2 and congrats on the find.
I too have replaced the freeby pinpointer with a Xpointer but will keep the freeby so the grandkids can follow or search for stuff in the sand.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Bump on this awesome recovery! Congrats on the great find and hats off to you for the highly visible informative display donation :cat:

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I have moved to a new town, after 12 years of live in my old town. I am going to probably move my sundial to my new town, that has the nicest historic district I have ever seen, to the town museum and library. I talked with the curator for a couple hours about the town's history, and what I found out about my house's history. I gave her the long lost lot map of the town, which I discovered after months of searching. She told me that it would be great to have my sundial on loan at the library or museum, along with a blacksmith tool tag with the name of my town's blacksmith in the 1870's (who was very interested in history, and made many frames in the museum back in the late 1800's). I will keep you guys posted!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome relic recovery! :occasion14:

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's what it's all about! Nice recovery. I wonder what ai have missed avoiding poison ivy patches! [emoji6]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread