us.png

Mar 2003

Redding,Calif.

321 times

All Types Of Treasure Hunting

[h=2]Mercury Hysteria Grips Kalif Waterboards[/h]
MERCURY HYSTERIA GRIPS KALIF

by Hoser John » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:16 am
This is a message from the State Water Resources Control Board.
On 23 April 2013, the State Water Board is tentatively scheduled to hear an update on several mercury projects including progress on implementation of San Francisco Bay and Central Valley Water Board mercury TMDL projects, and development of statewide fish tissue objectives and a statewide mercury control program for reservoirs. This is only an information item and no action will be taken by the State Water Board at this meeting.

To receive the board agenda, subscribe to our electronic mailing lists at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/resources ... ml#quality. Select one of the following lists:

- Mercury - Objectives Policy

- Mercury - Statewide Control Program for Reservoirs.

- Board Meetings (For information about upcoming Board Meetings on all topics)

For more information, please email: [email protected]

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much bs as they mandate filling our homes,places of work,where we shop,and where we dine out fulla mercury filled bulbs.
icon_rolleyes.gif
sic sic sic sic crappola-John
Hoser John Posts: 1471 Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:42 am Location: Redding Kalif​

progress.gif
Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting, John - I signed up on about five items just cause i'm addicted to BS!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're dealing with insanity out there guys, there trippin on mercury and making bulbs containing mercury that explodes I hear yuh john, f'n insanity

BUT on a bright side obama signed a bill with a rider bill in it ( yep politicians just keep sneakin in there ) called the Monsanto protection act, allows Monsanto to override U.S. federal courts on the issue of planting experimental genetically engineered crops all across the country.

Now thats gonna piss off a whole loet environmentalists and ecologist HEH HEH back at um I say have a taste of our shi&plate...

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont understand no logic to the Federal Goverment take away light bulbs that worked great nonmercury for mercury filled bulbs that if you call the epa when you break one cost a few thousand dollars in mercury remediation. Someone should do a study on how many are broken and thrown in garbage each year.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont understand no logic to the Federal Goverment take away light bulbs that worked great nonmercury for mercury filled bulbs that if you call the epa when you break one cost a few thousand dollars in mercury remediation. Someone should do a study on how many are broken and thrown in garbage each year.

Simple really, the old style bulbs use 4X the electricity to make the same light. We burn a lot of coal to make electricity. There is mercury in coal so burning it puts mercury into the air...far more mercury is produced making the electricity for the incandescent bulb than is in the compact fluorescent bulb so it's a net improvement. And of course is you recycle the bulb instead of breaking it, you create American jobs (at the recycle center) and keep even more mercury out of the environment!

BTW, most of the merc in the CA waterways is from coal burning in China which puts mercury in the air and then it rains back down on us :( That's also why the Pacific tuna has too much merc in it to eat anymore.

Last edited:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple really, the old style bulbs use 4X the electricity to make the same light. We burn a lot of coal to make electricity. There is mercury in coal so burning it puts mercury into the air...far more mercury is produced making the electricity for the incandescent bulb than is in the compact fluorescent bulb so it's a net improvement. And of course is you recycle the bulb instead of breaking it, you create American jobs (at the recycle center) and keep even more mercury out of the environment!

BTW, most of the merc in the CA waterways is from coal burning in China which puts mercury in the air and then it rains back down on us :( That's also why the Pacific tuna has too much merc in it to eat anymore.

You forgot to say their only made in China.......

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
The bulk of mercury in Ca comes from 49er area mining, and naturally occurring cinnabar deposits that cross major water ways in the north and the deserts to the south...

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The bulk of mercury in Ca comes from 49er area mining, and naturally occurring cinnabar deposits that cross major water ways in the north and the deserts to the south...

Good point Oak,

I have an old placer minin book from back in the day gonna look for it, but it tells you how to charge a sluice, and i think it wasnt uncommon for a sluice to be charged with amounts that started in the 1200 pound range of Hg. i would have find my book.

yes the miners were responsable for the Hg, we just didnt know.
dont think there is not a lot of merc that released into water ways from veins as the cinnabar producing areas arent big enough to release large
amounts of merc into the streams, and the cinnabar regions arent in the motherload?

I might be wrong, i will have do some reading,

give you guys that fabricate enough time im sure one of you will come a devise to remove merc from waterways that meets gov standards.

Good Luck

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
hey i got a idea that works pretty good for removeing mecury from the bottoms of the streams! its a age old idea of useing a friggin dredge! its the only proven way to enviromental safe way to remove of mercury.and they still dont beleive it!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Saw a episode of Gold Fever that show a huge Cinnebar mine, complete with huge smelter, crumbling and was littered with ore. Signs posted everywhere by the state, especially in handling ore, and bricks from the crumbling furnace. Has to be leaching into ground water, run off ect. Large areas in Motherload where cinnebar veins are leaching into large watersheds, most hydraullic mines had long crude sluices, that were heavily charged with Mercury. There are many here that have way more better history than I. Seems I remember a place somewhere to this day there is a spiggot that will still spew mercury to this day? And Reed has a grea video on discovering a portion of a hydraullic sluice and how over a course of a couple of years and floods, dredged and highbanked its booty from the ground

This is the desert spot...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Idria,_California

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100% absolutely wrong. In accordance to state Bulletin 191-minerals of california-the coastal ranges from above frisco down past santa barbara dump the most tonnage of naturally occuring mercury in the state-included in my SEIR comments,169 pages a fun. Mother nature does more mercury expelsion evey year than the miners ever did in totality. NOW the stinkn' bulbs are doing even worse-less than 15% recycled ,by consumer reports-so who d LL is kiddn' who-hahaha-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread