Michigan Locations - Where are you Located????

devros

Aug 30, 2009
Hi all I'm from Hale, if you don't know then its the Tawas / Oscoda area, anyone living close by, send me an email and we can get together before the snow falls. Have lots of places to hunt private property, old logging sites, lots of places. email me because I don't check this forum to much. [email protected] thanks HH!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I don't live in Michigan but I hunt there a lot. I am in West Unity, Ohio. It is about 9 mile from the MI line. I also hunt up in Hillsdale, MI that is bout 25 miles from me. I aslo hunt in Indiana a lot. If you would like a partner to hunt with give me a shout. I am usually free on the week ends. But I do get out sometime thur the week in the morning as I work 2nd shift....Matt

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Ann Arbor during the school year and go back to bad axe area for summer

HH
-GC

farkai

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2009
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Hello all. I live in Grand Rapids Michigan. I have been lurking around for the past few months reading up on some great stories. I am new to this hobby and new to Tnet. I have only found a few coins here and there so far. Still trying to find that good spot!

M

michigan michael

farkai said:
Hello all. I live in Grand Rapids Michigan. I have been lurking around for the past few months reading up on some great stories. I am new to this hobby and new to Tnet. I have only found a few coins here and there so far. Still trying to find that good spot!

Hey there! Welcome to Tnet! Good luck on finding that sweet spot. :hello2: Look forward to seeing your posts.

MM

Pete in MI

Jan 24, 2007
Houghton Lake, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pinpointer, Garrett ACE 350, Whites Bullseye II pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Houghton Lake for me. Moved from Lansing about 6 years ago. Also check out the Clubs and Hunts forum as I am looking to start a detecting club up here in Northern Lower Michigan. Minelab Explorer II is all I have now - sold everything else I have owned over all the years. Happy and successful detecting in 2010 everyone.

Update: 9 years now in Houghton Lake. Have an Explorer SE, Garrett AT Pr0 and a Garrett ACE 350. Also am now a licensed Ham Radio Operator (KE8BXO) Sold the Explorer !! about 6 years ago.

Last edited:

craigv3

Jan 2, 2010
GRASS LAKE
Detector(s) used
Deus,Makro CF77, Minelab Etrac, Teknetics T2SE, 2 excel II's, and a Tigershark
Hello everyone!! I am from Grass Lake, just east of Jackson Michigan in Norvell Township. I am new to this site and enjoy reading all the posts. Hope it warms up tomorrow to 80 and this snow melts, becasue my cabin fever is killing me!! Be safe and give me a hollar if you want to plan something for this spring.

Craig :wav:

CACHEHNTR

Jan 25, 2006
Hibbing, Mn
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The U.P. In Iron River. Only got out a few times last year (gotta change that!) Been gone to long from treasure net (gotta change that too!) Anybody wanna do a get together this spring and do some hunting?

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
[size=14pt]Coloma / Berrien County [/size]Lower South West part of the state.

Xterra 70

Doug

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
I just moved here to Grayling from South FL.........havent whipped out the detector yet becuase of all this stuff that seems to keep falling from the sky and cover up the ground but Im looking forward to summer and I have already found an area in the UP to have free reign to look for gold. So summer will be good and fun if I can find reasons to get off work.

PS I miss the palm trees

Greg-in-MI

Apr 5, 2008
Hey, from Lake City have multiple places to hunt need company prefer somebody new to share 35plus yrs of hunting

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
Greg-in-MI said:
Hey, from Lake City have multiple places to hunt need company prefer somebody new to share 35plus yrs of hunting

Hey Greg..

:icon_thumright:

Where in the state is Lake City?

straight west from Houghton Lake, probably 15 to 20 miles, I used to live up there in Merritt (in between the 2) lots of old places up there to hunt. Welcome to tnet Greg. from Jackson

mwbutcher

Greenie
Feb 22, 2010
Midland, MI
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega
Midland - waiting for the Big Brown truck to deliver my Omega and the other goodies that are coming with it - first time for me at this - gotta good feeling I am really going to like it.

Mark

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark. Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kimball Township, Just west of port huron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread