What's new

Monsterrack Mail.....pretty awesome!!!

curious kat

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2013
Messages
2,302
Reaction score
2,824
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....hubby brought mail home yesterday and this BIG box....from monsterrack! Of course couldn't wait to open it....turns out that he remembered my admiring his amazing Skull on one of the posts & the story behind it .......and I had said..."I'd hang that on my wall"...well that's where it is right now....Thank you monsterrack!!! Then, along with it was this Awesome Beautiful hand made Obsidian Knife...he was thoughtful enough to make it for us because of our obsidian points found here.....we are blown away with the talent and kindness of monsterrack.....thank you again friend...:notworthy:....now you guys can enjoy these...... RSCN6526.webpRSCN6533.webpDSCN6527.webpDSCN6528.webpRSCN6522.webpDSCN6495.webpRSCN6551.webpFSCN6520.webp
 
Upvote 0
....hubby brought mail home yesterday and this BIG box....from monsterrack! Of course couldn't wait to open it....turns out that he remembered my admiring his amazing Skull on one of the posts & the story behind it .......and I had said..."I'd hang that on my wall"...well that's where it is right now....Thank you monsterrack!!! Then, along with it was this Awesome Beautiful hand made Obsidian Knife...he was thoughtful enough to make it for us because of our obsidian points found here.....we are blown away with the talent and kindness of monsterrack.....thank you again friend...:notworthy:....now you guys can enjoy these......View attachment 955518View attachment 955521View attachment 955522View attachment 955523View attachment 955524View attachment 955525View attachment 955526View attachment 955527


wow hey ck.....that is cool

monster is a very talented and generous person!

larson1951
 
Woo hoo!!! That's a heck of a mailbox find. That skull is really cool looking. Beautiful knife too. MR does soon good work indeed!
 
Thats a sweet piece
 
I remember that piece. Wow now it has traveled again and has a good home once again. Very nice Kat and great work Monster.
 
Seriously. Those items are just magnificent! Good work there m-rack! Yak
 
Thanks everyone. When I first posted a thread about that skull Kat was the first to say she would hang it in her house, because my wife said it wasn't going on her wall, she say's she has more Indian stuff than the Indian's:laughing7:. I didn't wont to just stick it in a box and it collect dust, so I think I sent it to a good home and if it comes back to me again, that would be a bad sign and I will have to bury it(ha ha):laughing7:
 
Haha..
Well done! well done!
 
.....lol monsterrack...don't worry you're not going to get the skull back, it has a good home here! And the knife is priceless...that's amazing how you chipped it, I'm sure it wasn't easy to do.....a work of art for sure......Thank you again, you're awesome :wav:
 
Man monster is a super guy for sure those are awesome cat !!!!!
 
Beautiful workmanship on that obsidian knife. I know from experience that it's super hard to work, at least the stuff I've tried. I eventually gave up, and started knapping glass bottle bottoms.

Is is possible to heat treat obsidian?
 
....heat treat obsidian? For what reason I wonder......Monsterract where are you for this question? :dontknow:
 
There is no need to heat treat Obsidian, it has been treated to the highest temp. that you can think of by mother nature. Now there are low grade Obsidian and high grade and all different kinds. JMO any Obsidian that is good will have a high gloss to it, unless it has a lot of trash mixed in it . JMO Obsidian is the easiest stone to knap than any other.
 
There is no need to heat treat Obsidian, it has been treated to the highest temp. that you can think of by mother nature. Now there are low grade Obsidian and high grade and all different kinds. JMO any Obsidian that is good will have a high gloss to it, unless it has a lot of trash mixed in it . JMO Obsidian is the easiest stone to knap than any other.

I agree obsidian is the easiest to knap. Dacite obsidian does not have much of a gloss, but it makes nice points.
 
The black chert here found in the creeks doesnt have to be heat treated either. That is why the Indians liked to use it so much. It has a nice gloss to it already.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom