What's new

My Relics Are For The Birds!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,541
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Relics Are For The Birds!!! **New One Added 2/15**

***New birdhouse pix added 2/15. Enjoy***



12/13/2013 - Just finished another birdhouse for a good friend. (Pictures below)
I had made one for him and his wife back in the 1980's, but when they split up she took the birdhouse.
:laughing7:
This one is not rustic like the other one pictured, but still a lot of fun making it.
Happy Holidays Folks!!!

Well Folks, between work and weather I haven’t been able to get out much, so I turned my attention to my workshop downstairs.
I love to build and create things and enjoy being able to repurpose materials too. I had some 100+ year old barn wood lying around that I salvaged from a property I used to detect at so I decided to make a rustic looking birdhouse. With some other scrap wood pieces and some of the metal “treasures” I’ve dug up while detecting, I came up with this.
The detector finds I incorporated were: an old buckle, bird hood ornament, metal leaf, copper tubing, and an old outdoor spigot.
Now I just need to find someone to give it to as a Christmas gift.
Thanks for looking, :thumbsup:
MM
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0303.webp
    IMG_0303.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0304.webp
    IMG_0304.webp
    89 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0305.webp
    IMG_0305.webp
    71.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0306.webp
    IMG_0306.webp
    79 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0307.webp
    IMG_0307.webp
    76.2 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0308.webp
    IMG_0308.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0314.webp
    IMG_0314.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0315.webp
    IMG_0315.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0313.webp
    IMG_0313.webp
    71 KB · Views: 124
  • unnamed (1).webp
    unnamed (1).webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 113
  • unnamed (2).webp
    unnamed (2).webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
D, YOU are da MAN! I can honestly say I've nev-ah (said in my most Southern accent) seen a bird house quite like that one! It's most creative FOLK ART and would probably sell like hotcakes in some of the 'Artsy' areas of NC. You go!!! :icon_thumright: Breezie

You might want to close off the spigot to keep snakes out/eating the eggs.
 
Last edited:
D, YOU are da MAN! I can honestly say I've nev-ah (said in my most Southern accent) seen a bird house quite like that one! It's most creative FOLK ART and would probably sell like hotcakes in some of the 'Artsy' areas of NC. You go!!! :icon_thumright: Breezie

You might want to close off the spigot to keep snakes out/eating the eggs.
LOL. Don't mention snakes around Quindy or Nana. :laughing7:
Thanks Breezie. I do love me some Folk Art. I couldn't believe how strong that old barn wood is. I'll have to go back and get some more. :thumbsup:
I've made my Mom so many birdhouses over the years that I don't think there is anymore room left in her yard.
-Doug-
 
very creative. that kind of stuff can sell pretty good to folks who like folk art stuff
 
awesome! Any idea which bird species that size hole and box would be good for?

Thanks. I usually make the hole size to accommodate Bluebirds. :thumbsup:
-MM-
 
Doug,

I pictured this.



That is a rather handsome piece ya got there dude.


God Bless


Chris
 

Attachments

  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.webp
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 646
Those are so whimsical,love them.
 
Creativity at its best! Nice idea and well executed!
 
Creative and recycling at it's best, what's there not to like about the house. :icon_thumright:
 
D, check out this video, then click on the Wonder of Museum link in the first sentence. This link takes you to his items for sale on Etsy. The first item has a sale price of $1200.00!!!
Butch Anthony's Museum of Wonder | The Etsy Blog
:)
Breezie
 
Wow, absolutely charming bird house. Wonderfully repurposed.
 
The Imperial hood ornament sets it off! Cool man!
 
Well Folks, between work and weather I haven’t been able to get out much, so I turned my attention to my workshop downstairs.
I love to build and create things and enjoy being able to repurpose materials too. I had some 100+ year old barn wood lying around that I salvaged from a property I used to detect at so I decided to make a rustic looking birdhouse. With some other scrap wood pieces and some of the metal “treasures” I’ve dug up while detecting, I came up with this.
The detector finds I incorporated were: an old buckle, bird hood ornament, metal leaf, copper tubing, and an old outdoor spigot.
Now I just need to find someone to give it to as a Christmas gift.
Thanks for looking, :thumbsup:
MM


Doug,

I'll take!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing7:
 
The Imperial hood ornament sets it off! Cool man!

Thanks for the ID on that hood ornament Crashbro. I was trying to remember what kind of car it was from, and now that you mentioned the Imperial I can picture it. :thumbsup:
-MM-
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom