What's new

My Relics Are For The Birds!!!

PS as an after thought. I would not sell them for any amount. Save them for your loved ones!
 
Okay. So, $35 is way too low. I would pay $75-100. Your details are intricate, funky, fun. It is art. I wouldn't dare use one as a real birdhouse. No way. That is for the birds! :) I just want to push you to keep going. I know it is very time consuming (and time is precious these days), but look at all of the light and joy you have sprung to our pages, Doug. Thanks for the sunshine. Jodi

Thanks so much Jodi. You have given an extra boost. I'm glad to see others enjoy my work. My Mom has always told me that I should start my own biz with the things I make, but that's what Mom's do. LOL.
Have a great holiday.
-Doug-
 
Thanks so much Jodi. You have given an extra boost. I'm glad to see others enjoy my work. My Mom has always told me that I should start my own biz with the things I make, but that's what Mom's do. LOL.
Have a great holiday.
-Doug-

No, seriously, Doug you are a piece of work! Your mom is right. Mamas always know what they are talking about. :)
 
Thanks so much Jodi. You have given an extra boost. I'm glad to see others enjoy my work. My Mom has always told me that I should start my own biz with the things I make, but that's what Mom's do. LOL.
Have a great holiday.
-Doug-

I see from the buckle you might be from NC. Do you know of Rocky Mount? Anyway, I think it gives great purpose to unused relics to incorporate them into your work instead of sitting lonely or unappreciated in a drawer or something. Bam! You have given them life again. I think everyday, the first thing when I wake up, is where's my Garrett?!? To sell your items and make a biz is perfect, and gives a method to the sweet madness. Take care!
 
Now that is what i call imagination:headbang:

Blaze
 
Now that is what i call imagination:headbang:

Blaze

Thanks JB. :thumbsup: It's amazing what a twisted mind can think of. :tongue3:

Here's another one I just finished for a friend. Not as rustic as the other one, but still fun.
Have a great holiday!
-Doug-
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0313.webp
    IMG_0313.webp
    71 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0314.webp
    IMG_0314.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0315.webp
    IMG_0315.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 93
"Home Tweet Home" Love it!!!:thumbsup: Definitely another COOL birdhouse; I really like the way you have the plants and grass painted, and I HEART the HEART door!

:)
Breezie
 
WTG MM!! You are very creative. If I was a bird, I'd be HONORED to crap on that house-LOL. Q.
 
"Home Tweet Home" Love it!!!:thumbsup: Definitely another COOL birdhouse; I really like the way you have the plants and grass painted, and I HEART the HEART door!

:)
Breezie

Thanks Breezie. My workshop downstairs is a great place to get away from my wife and housework.
Actually, I wear the pants in the family, but they're HER pants. :tongue3:
Have a great weekend,
Doug
 
WTG MM!! You are very creative. If I was a bird, I'd be HONORED to crap on that house-LOL. Q.

Ha ha ha Quindy.
Actually you ARE a bird you old coot, and I'm sure you have pooped at MANY homes uncontrollably at your age. :tongue3: :laughing7::laughing9:
Thanks Buddy!
 
Thanks Breezie. My workshop downstairs is a great place to get away from my wife and housework.
Actually, I wear the pants in the family, but they're HER pants. :tongue3:
Have a great weekend,
Doug

You crack me up, Doug! Funny. Breezy, you know great art when you see it!!!
 
"Home Tweet Home" Love it!!!:thumbsup: Definitely another COOL birdhouse; I really like the way you have the plants and grass painted, and I HEART the HEART door!

:)
Breezie

Breezy mentioned the site to the art of the guy on Etsy. The blog. This is of the same caliber, but even better, in my humble opinion. :) I like it! I bet your wife is going to bring this one upstairs!
 
Breezy mentioned the site to the art of the guy on Etsy. The blog. This is of the same caliber, but even better, in my humble opinion. :) I like it! I bet your wife is going to bring this one upstairs!

Funny you mentioned that. She really loved the rustic folk art birdhouse and wanted to keep it. It now resides in our living room. :laughing7:
Thanks so much,
Doug
 
I am wondering if we have any new bird houses?!?
 
I am wondering if we have any new bird houses?!?

Funny you should ask. I just made this one for a good friend of mine. My favorite part is the cap gun perch. The awning and cross were made from old flatware, and the windows from old clock parts. All pieces I dug detecting.
Hope you enjoy it. :thumbsup:
-Doug-
 

Attachments

  • unnamed (1).webp
    unnamed (1).webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 92
  • unnamed (2).webp
    unnamed (2).webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 86
Breezy... You have got to see this!!! Doug, GREAT JOB!!!
 
The gun perch, btw, is THE BOMB!!!
 
Thanks All. :thumbsup:
I love making these rustic birdhouses. It gets my creative juices flowing.
-MM-
 
Doug...more! please! I am your biggest fan.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom