What's new

My Relics Are For The Birds!!!

Thanks Nova. Great idea, but the shipping costs would probably be more that the bids. :tongue3:
I will trade you for a 60's or 70's Nova though. :laughing7:
-Doug-

LOL, hmm I better pass but I could set you up with some nova emblems for your next project.
 
That's really nice. I give it 2 thumbs up!!! Great job!!

GOD BLESS!!!
 

EWWWWW! I LOVE IT!
I think you should give yourself WAY more credit than you do! You're such a talent, MM! You remind me of my late uncle. He could make something out of nothing. Things that my mind could never dream of creating. And there's a market for that!! ;)
Love it!
Nana
 
You are so creative! I love the down spout! I hope the birds appreciate your hard work! Maybe they will tell you where some gold is hidden!
 
AWESOME ,I'm sure some/ many bird families will love it. Davers
 

EWWWWW! I LOVE IT!
I think you should give yourself WAY more credit than you do! You're such a talent, MM! You remind me of my late uncle. He could make something out of nothing. Things that my mind could never dream of creating. And there's a market for that!! ;)
Love it!
Nana

Thanks Nanners. I think I get it from my great-grandfather. He was a very talented man and into everything back in the day. He even built his own small museum. It was the size of a large shed. He shingled and sided it with tin cans that he had cut and flattened. Neat guy.
Have a great week young lady,
Doug
 
You are so creative! I love the down spout! I hope the birds appreciate your hard work! Maybe they will tell you where some gold is hidden!

LOL. Thanks Ms BB. I have a box of scrap copper and brass pieces that I've dug up. That copper tube and elbow worked perfect as a downspout. :thumbsup:
Let's hope some GOLDfinches make it their home. :laughing7:
-MM-
 
AWESOME ,I'm sure some/ many bird families will love it. Davers

Thanks Davers. As solid as that barn wood is it should last another 100 years. :occasion14:
-MM-
 
Man, that's sweet! I know of a guy in TN that makes some crazy lamps you might want to pair with that birdhouse. :D
 
Very cool buddy! I'm a builder and make some custom wood gifts on occasion. There is nothing easy about it and that birdhouse is just fantastic. Glad you shared with us
 
You are the true definition of an artist. I would love to see your collection in a gallery, or perhaps on etsy or another site. I would just LOVE to buy one. I too, make custom birdhouses. But, yours blow mine way, way, away. Swish!!! All I can say, is, right on!!!
 
Man, that's sweet! I know of a guy in TN that makes some crazy lamps you might want to pair with that birdhouse. :D

Yeah, I know that guy too. Funny that we are both Doug's too. "Doug" must mean extremely handsome and talented. :tongue3:
Thanks BB. I hope you got you Christmas tree done. Let me know if you need some of my can slaw tinsel. :thumbsup:
-DUHg-
 
Very cool buddy! I'm a builder and make some custom wood gifts on occasion. There is nothing easy about it and that birdhouse is just fantastic. Glad you shared with us

Thanks Ahab. I'm sure you can appreciate how much time is involved in making something like this. I love doing it and really get into it. I've always had a creative mind. Warped too sometimes. :tongue3:
Have a great week,
Doug
 
You are the true definition of an artist. I would love to see your collection in a gallery, or perhaps on etsy or another site. I would just LOVE to buy one. I too, make custom birdhouses. But, yours blow mine way, way, away. Swish!!! All I can say, is, right on!!!

Thanks so much M4M. :thumbsup: I love making birdhouses. Been doing it off and on since the 80's. Just finished another one for a friend today. I used to make Sunflower birdhouse that stood about 7' tall. I started making them for family, friends, and coworkers, and then had them in two shops. I couldn't keep up with the demand. I would back about 5 to 10 at a time. It became very time consuming building and painting them. I only had $5 each into them, but a lot of time. Just wasn't worth the $35 I charged for them. I like making the folk art rustic birdhouses instead. Lot's of fun and I create as I go.
I would really like to start making whirligigs too some day.
Sorry to ramble on.
Thanks again for the kind words,
Doug
 
Thanks so much M4M. :thumbsup: I love making birdhouses. Been doing it off and on since the 80's. Just finished another one for a friend today. I used to make Sunflower birdhouse that stood about 7' tall. I started making them for family, friends, and coworkers, and then had them in two shops. I couldn't keep up with the demand. I would back about 5 to 10 at a time. It became very time consuming building and painting them. I only had $5 each into them, but a lot of time. Just wasn't worth the $35 I charged for them. I like making the folk art rustic birdhouses instead. Lot's of fun and I create as I go.
I would really like to start making whirligigs too some day.
Sorry to ramble on.
Thanks again for the kind words,
Doug

Okay. So, $35 is way too low. I would pay $75-100. Your details are intricate, funky, fun. It is art. I wouldn't dare use one as a real birdhouse. No way. That is for the birds! :) I just want to push you to keep going. I know it is very time consuming (and time is precious these days), but look at all of the light and joy you have sprung to our pages, Doug. Thanks for the sunshine. Jodi
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom