Newest big nugget found in cal.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 1
OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Not really sure of the find date... was just going by the article date.... Still nice though.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend was recently talking about that Butte nugget. He said he read the guy found it with a metal detector. Something about thinking it was a horseshoe and wanted to get it out of the way because he had been finding smaller nuggets in the area... so he dug it, and, well, there it was.

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
16298360_10209235752665305_1464756403914626373_n.jpg I believe the finder found this little guy as well!

Last edited:

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
As for any kind of valuable find, the first and most important rule is to keep your mouth shut. Once the word gets out, the jealous crowd will try to backtrack your movement to find the source and this could lead to legal claims from government agencies and others even if you lawfully found the item(s) on private property with permission, public lands, etc. Just ask anyone who has made a major find and gave out too much information and too soon, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread