Oak Island Continued.......

Feb 27, 2018
volusia county
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Beach Hunter ID, Surf PI, 6000 SI Pro. tdi beach hunter, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I sure started some emotional damage apparently:BangHead: ( see original post.).

Really it's all opinion and speculation on everyone's part where treasure hunting is concerned.
There have been many treasure stories that have been rumors and half truths, fantasy, speculation, dreams, that have proved themselves to be reality.
Had it not been for someone chasing it down and believing the stories of old and researching for hours/years and finally finding the treasure, the legends would remain unproven.

So it's cool if there is some that believe in the story of Oak Island or not.
There are artifacts that can be seen and held in your hand......... tools specifically for digging, carving, tunneling underground, and what has been dug up from the searches, i.e.. human remains 100+ feet below as well as leather, paper with centuries old writing, tunnels etc.. that are buried deep in the ground. Not to mention the Extremely well built (roman style) road in the middle of a swamp used for hauling something very heavy with anchor points and oxen shoes being located on the road. They used that road for something major whomever built it. I mean really why build it on an Island if it not going to be used.

Archeologist, researchers and respected professionals have proven a proper time frame for much of this story to be factual via carbon dating and hands on inspections on the island or off the island at specialty labs professionals in their fields have dated some of these items as far back as the crusades. Whomever the depositors may be made sure they buried everything so no one would find it, at least for a very long time.

Anyway getting back to unbelief in treasure stories.............. Mel Fisher.. no one believed him.

Myself I like a little mystery and adventure.
After all that's why we are all here, we are treasure hunters of the past and present, just modern pirates after the treasure :skullflag:

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't follow the story, I did see a clip I assume was a trailer for this coming season. The machine had brought up a large stone with a hole in it and a rubber boot.
I do recall reading about it in high school in the late 70's.
It makes for a great story one way or another.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread