If I was trying to convince the TN readers of something, I would take the time to post a pic or a link to prove my point. Especially if everyone else disagrees. Thats the way it works around here and you should know that by now. You admit that it will only take you seconds to find a matching dome pic and you have seen thousands that match but you dont want to bother with even an ounce of effort. Timekiller even called you out toIron Patch said:bigcypresshunter said:I think Ive asked nicely about 4 times for someone to post a plain domed button and timekiller also asked not so nicely but it falls on deaf ears. Here is a plain domed button from Waterbury. They dont have a side or bottom view but it looks the same on top...
I still fail to see your point. Sure I can post a domed button, would only take me a matter of seconds to find one on the net. But what I'm not going to do is spend time to find one that looks the exact same in every way. They are domed to different degrees as I'm sure you are very aware of, and you just proved it with your pic. Am I missing something why you are so persistant in having to see one? I do have some dug buttons here but as I said I still don't see the point. It would be like asking to see a 2 piece, or flat button.
Usually when someone asks for a pic, it is gladly posted. But if you dont want to take the time, its cool, its your perogative. If you tried and cant find one, its also cool. But until pictures of the back of a deep dish button can be posted, I think it will remain unsolved.Yes that too.Moe (fl) said:Thank you all for the responses and explanations.
I agree with BigC that unless someone posts a picture of a tack that looks very similar to mine,
we cannot say for sure that this is a tack.
In the meantime I am still thinking this is a button.
-Moe
Moe (fl) said:Thank you all for the responses and explanations.
I agree with BigC that unless someone posts a picture of a tack that looks very similar to mine,
we cannot say for sure that this is a tack.
In the meantime I am still thinking this is a button.
-Moe
Moe (fl) said:Was told by an expert that this is very likely a British bronze button from period 1780 - 1810.
The British used iron shanks sometimes.
Agreed,CRUSADER said:Moe (fl) said:Was told by an expert that this is very likely a British bronze button from period 1780 - 1810.
The British used iron shanks sometimes.
Pictures? References? Might prove me wrong.
No books reference on British Buttons has iron shanks on copper domed button in the period above. Of the 3000 buttons I find a year over 30 combined years with my Dad we haven't had any, does that say anything? He must be a true expert to have handled or know about such an extremely rare button.
As your expert guessed, you better mark as solved.


Awhile back I sent some pics of all my finds to a so called "Appraiser" who led me to believe by his site that he could appraise colonial relics I just was wondering what he might would charge more or less.But when he wrote back and told me all my finds were from the 1800's I knew I had a "winner"
Anyway I called him out on it and he got smart a$$ and wrote me back saying "maybe I had found the lost colony"
In short it didn't take me long to realize what I was dealing with! 
.... I lean towards a button but maybe a tack no button or could be a tack!!! UGH!!! you guys kill me on here. For the most part this is a very informative site but every now and then it just gives way to jealousy and the old Im better than you are type crap... I honestly think its a tack... Good luck and happy hunting to all...