OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Kegs... were used more than barrels.
It just dawned on me that this may be what you are referring to when saying "barrel".
Kegs are a smaller version of barrel.

I should have said keg, like a powder keg is what I had in mind. I have a couple of really old ones and they would be perfect for filling with treasure and burying. They are about two feet tall. I also think that treasure on a ship could have been kept in a barrel/keg especially if no one knew it was there but the guy that hid it. When I said inconspicuous what I was meaning was that there would be many kegs and barrels on a ship so it would blend in. If you topped off the treasure inside with something else no one would have clue as to what was hidden within. Also like I said you can roll a very heavy keg/barrel without having to pick it up.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my recluse spider bite. It destroys tissue in the center and leaves a hole. I was put on strong antibiotics but the real key for my recovery was soaking it in the ocean saltwater.

View attachment 1160980 View attachment 1160978

Hay BSH.
I viewed the CNN presentation on the Florida Everglades several days ago. I fully expected to see you come out of swamp and give presentation on the dangers of sleeping in a tent in the swamp with a Brown recluse spider as a tentmate.

Restoring the Everglades - CNN.com

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am starting the process to find out if there is any treasure buried at numerous sites that I have access to. If anybody out there has any kind of device that you think will locate buried gold and wish to try it out on a site than can be dug please contact me. I dig holes. Deep holes if necessary. Serious people only need reply.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am starting the process to find out if there is any treasure buried at numerous sites that I have access to. If anybody out there has any kind of device that you think will locate buried gold and wish to try it out on a site than can be dug please contact me. I dig holes. Deep holes if necessary. Serious people only need reply.

If you excluded all sites that have been "confirmed" by map dowsing or LRLs, about how many sites are we talking about?
V

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not to be weird, but I was detecting out at an old deserted camp ground a while back and someone came up to me and said that they are training dogs to hunt gold. I paused for a moment and just commented politely as to the thankful information, but the thought makes sense. Dogs have a innate sense of smell. Is this true? If so, perhaps this is an option.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you excluded all sites that have been "confirmed" by map dowsing or LRLs, about how many sites are we talking about?
V

When did I ever claim that I had any "confirmed" sites of any kind? We all know you really don't believe in much of anything. I do have many sites that different methods have gotten a "hit" on the same exact spot. There are locations where something was known to be buried in the past. We have also buried things for testing purposes.

Please keep your negativity to yourself. You can call it whatever you want, but that is what it is. The shark is still circling, looking to come in for the kill. Come closer, I have something to show it.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not to be weird, but I was detecting out at an old deserted camp ground a while back and someone came up to me and said that they are training dogs to hunt gold. I paused for a moment and just commented politely as to the thankful information, but the thought makes sense. Dogs have a innate sense of smell. Is this true? If so, perhaps this is an option.

I have heard of this but don't know if it could work. Dogs have amazing abilities.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
With your experience with dogs, maybe you should try this BDD.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I spent a day and a half with a person with a type of LRL that is one of a kind. If vor or ECS had been along not only would they probably have been convinced of its abilities to find sites they would also become convinced that I may really be on the right track to figure all this out. Seeing is believing. I welcome either one of them to come and check things out first-hand.

The owner of the property on the river where I think a large chest, kegs, or treasure stash is buried has given me a chance to state and prove my case. I will not be able to do any digging unless I can convince him that something is buried in the spot where I think it is. A this point I don't think he believes in it at all. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most belief, he is probably at about 1-2. This is fine with me as long as he lets me keep trying to convince him by bringing in more electronics or treasure/gold finding methods. He did not know that a treasure chest appears to have been found in the distant past in the same area. We did have a mutual acquaintance as we both have met and know the property owner at Fowler's Bluff where a very serious treasure dig occurred.

I know a lot of my methods or beliefs may seem un-conventional to a lot of people on here, but that is fine by me. If I keep at what I am now doing, I will figure things out, and by that I mean finding a large stash of treasure. If I can figure out how to find one, I will be able to find many. I am being pulled in other directions for different ventures but will try to stay on course.

We will be bringing in a piece of equipment I think is called a forward gausing device. After that I have about 3-4 other methods of detection with GPR probably being the last. Time will tell.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a location where we think there is a large amount of gold coins in a box buried. I tried to get a contract to detect/dig about two years ago. I had no success. I took my latest LRL guy by there yesterday. I am able to park at two locations near the site that we can detect from. Both are about 1500 feet from the spot. Without fail EVERY person that I have taken to these spots devices will point at the same EXACT degree. My guys device yesterday also pointed at the EXACT degree. It has a built in compass that he cannot manipulate as to where it will point. I even told him ahead of time what it would do. He definitely had become a believer in my sites as have others.

When we went by this site I noticed it had a real estate sign on it so I figured I would give the owner another call. He was friendly this time and has a closing date set. I will be meeting him tomorrow to get a contract signed.

This property has everything going for it. It is on a sharp bend on a historical river. There is a small lagoon for pulling boats in. There are extremely old abandoned houses and other structures on the property. There is an old barn. There is an old tree stump near the spot and more. I am excited about this. Of course there are details I cannot divulge on here but it looks like something is going to happen and this would be a great place for it, and the timing is just right.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a location where we think there is a large amount of gold coins...

When we went by this site I noticed it had a real estate sign on it so I figured I would give the owner another call. He was friendly this time and has a closing date set. I will be meeting him tomorrow to get a contract signed.

This property has everything going for it. It is on a sharp bend on a historical river. There is a small lagoon for pulling boats in. There are extremely old abandoned houses and other structures on the property. There is an old barn. There is an old tree stump near the spot and more. I am excited about this...
Have you asked the owner if there is the possibility of old underground irrigation systems or septic tanks on this site?

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Golly gee ECS, that would be a brilliant question to ask now wouldn't it? Let's think about this for a second. Numerous old houses with bathrooms and running water. Mmmmm. thinking, thinking?? Toilets--poop! Sinks and showers---wells! Poop---septic system! Running water--underground pipes! Hey maybe you are right. There is no gold. I should not even waste my time. I know what I do without you. Keep up the good work.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
BDD let me know if you need any help digging. Did you try using that detector I loaned you?

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
BDD let me know if you need any help digging. Did you try using that detector I loaned you?

Yes, I have used the detector that Old Man loaned to you and then you loaned to me. I am going to try to do some testing to see how far it will detect. I am going to do some air tests but I don't know how that compares to objects in the ground. It is a Pulse Star. If any one has done any testing let me know how deep you KNOW it will go. Not from guessing. Not from the literature. From real world experience.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Golly gee ECS, that would be a brilliant question to ask now wouldn't it? Let's think about this for a second. Numerous old houses with bathrooms and running water. Mmmmm. thinking, thinking?? Toilets--poop! Sinks and showers---wells! Poop---septic system! Running water--underground pipes! Hey maybe you are right. There is no gold. I should not even waste my time. I know what I do without you. Keep up the good work.
With the outcome of some of your former digs of which you posted photos, I offered sound advise for you to consider before you break ground.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
With the outcome of some of your former digs of which you posted photos, I offered sound advise for you to consider before you break ground.

I dug into a septic system in Englewood in 1987. We knew it was there. I found some broken abandoned cistern pipes on a dig at a church in Sarasota not long ago. I have dug dozens upon dozens of other holes without incident. I do not just start digging without having an idea of what I am getting into. If there is ever any doubt we call the utility locators before proceeding. But thanks for your sound advice anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Got another signed contract to detect, dig and split 5/50 anything of value found on another property today. The guy even owns a Kubota backhoe that I can use if needed. If there is something buried I don't think it will be much deeper than 2-3 feet. All the methods of detection so far have indicated it may be a large amount of gold. I know the skeptics believe none of this but that is okay. I have had a very strong feeling about something in this area for over 25 years. It will be great to get a chance to bring in our electronics.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think all of us would like for you to find gold.
Good luck.
V

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Tomorrow is the day! Well, maybe the day after tomorrow. Could be the day after that. Perhaps next week. Soon, I hope.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread