Pirate Treasure-Trying to get a permit to dig up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you PM or email a higher res image or the plate no. if you don't want to post?
V

Can you PM or email a higher res image or the plate no. if you don't want to post?
V

As with any picture I post on this thread, just click on it, do it again and you will see a magnifying glass which you can move around. Put this on the spot you want enlarged. Click again. It will bring a up close view of anywhere within the picture.

Last edited:
I guess the service I use is not up to date. I don't get any results with 'AXPI76'.
V

I guess the service I use is not up to date. I don't get any results with 'AXPI76'.
V

Download the picture? I can blow it up and tell you the date the tag expires. .(12/12)

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

I think vor wants to run the numbers thru a service he uses to trace ownership of the plates. vor? Yes?

Download the picture? I can blow it up and tell you the date the tag expires. .(12/12)

The android app leaves a lot to be desired.

BDD
How about the name on the side of the truck? Ever since you posted the vac truck, I have been intrigued as to what they were doing concentrating on the void they created between the limestone formations. Can't think of a logical reason. If it were a geotech investigation I believe it would be more widespread than two small areas.

The android app leaves a lot to be desired.

BDD
How about the name on the side of the truck? Ever since you posted the vac truck, I have been intrigued as to what they were doing concentrating on the void they created between the limestone formations. Can't think of a logical reason. If it were a geotech investigation I believe it would be more widespread than two small areas.

I am sure that you will find that the official purpose of the vac truck being there was to locate utilities. I have never seen two guys with a truck like this spend over two days digging a hole at least 7-8 feet deep thru limestone. I only saw them dig in two places. Like I said before they were using a long metal rod sharpened on one end and I watched them slamming it into the ground for hours. Not exactly the method I would use to locate "utilities".

View attachment 968900 I want one of these trucks. I jokingly asked them if they were looking for treasure and they "jokingly" asked me to show them where it was. I declined.

Last edited:
they were using a long metal rod sharpened on one end and I watched them slamming it into the ground for hours. Not exactly the method I would use to locate "utilities".

If they are looking for a high voltage line, that definitely would work.

View attachment 970882If you look in the background of the above picture of the vac truck, you will see a yellow truck. It belongs to the FDOT (Florida Department of transportation) While the two guys were sucking and digging another guy came to the area with a trailer. He left his truck parked there and left. The two guys would leave their trucked parked with the motor running and go to the restaurant/bar nearby and be gone for awhile. They did this a lot. Some guys were walking around "surveying" and put flags in various places that seemed to make no sense as far as if they were going to perform work. I contacted my guy at the Sarasota headquarters and asked him what was going on and he said he had no idea. As he is in the management department I would have thought he would be in the loop. All this took place over 6 months ago.

View attachment 968970 View attachment 968971 View attachment 968972 This is all VERY close to the possible silver site. Coincidence? Just my imagination? You be the judge.

Last edited:
Anybody that thinks treasure finding is easy has not spent much time doing it. I have shown just a few of the empty holes I have dug. I do not want to keep doing this so I am trying to learn from my mistakes. I just traded and got another nice metal detector last night. I got a converted shovel with it that will come in extremely handy. Having the right tools can make all the difference. The absolute most important ingredient for digging up treasure is to find the right place to dig.

How do you decide where to dig? Did you come up with a treasure map with an X marks the spot on it? Not likely. Did you find an old diary that tells where a hidden treasure is? This could happen. How about a death bed confession from someone right before they die telling you where they hid the gold? Stories from treasure books or magazines? They might get you out looking but it is hard to tell what to believe.

Hello BDD. Everyone that has met you in person says you are a good guy. Im still working out in the swamp and there is no treasure hunting for me. Those days are over for me. I will be lucky to find a few gold rings on the beach. But I have a suggestion for you. Look to the top of the page in the TN banner and read the success stories. You may pick up some tips. Take care.

Last edited:
The Nokta Golden King that was loaned to me by another TNET member has now been fixed at Kellyco. It was not working right when I got it because of a broken switch. This is a $5000 unit. Blake from Kellyco really came thru and got this repaired and shipped at no cost to me. I think he is now interested in coming over our way and bringing a few more detectors with him. He says they may be getting a used $30,000 OKM detector/GPR unit and he will bring that to our sites. Having the right equipment can make all the difference no matter what you are trying to accomplish. Having the ability to virtually see into the ground has got me a little excited.

It is just a matter of time until we will start digging stuff up. I am going to contact the FDOT and plead my case again. With all the digging that they did at the bridge site I still don't think they dug where I think the silver may be. There are a few other sites there that I have not shown to anyone. It will be interesting to see what excuse they use for not allowing a survey/dig at this site when I show them all that I have seen and heard that has happened since I visited the FDOT headquarters.

I drove by the site today as I do at least once a day. There was a dump truck dumping dirt very close to the possible treasure spot. I was going to take a picture but I did not have time. On my way home I was driving on 301 and saw a backhoe VERY close to the spot digging a hole. I turned around and drove the side road to the overpass. The backhoe operator was filling the hole in and was in a big hurry. Were they digging for treasure? No, they were burying palm frond trash.

I am not allowed to dig a small hole with a hand shovel because they claim I might damage the overpass. An out of town contractor is allowed to dig holes with a backhoe very close to the support columns and there is no oversight from the FDOT? I was told there were Native American "burial mounds" in the area as a reason for them to not allow me to dig but an out of town contractor can dig dozens of holes in the area to plant useless palm trees? What a crock of crap!

I will keep taking pictures and building my case. There is more that I want to say but I am afraid I may piss off the people that I need to get to work with me on this. All I want to do is dig a SIX INCH diameter hole in ONE spot. If there is nothing buried there I will give up on this spot. The FDOT's lame excuses for not allowing this are a joke. The bottom line is that the state archaeologists are too selfish to let a treasure hunter dig for silver although they will NEVER do it themselves. They act like it belongs to them instead of the tax paying citizens of Florida.

They are worried that I could damage the supports with my shovel! View attachment 972703 They were burying this. View attachment 972706 View attachment 972711
They dug very close to the supports for the I-75 overpass, and the guy was zooming around in a big hurry. View attachment 972707
View attachment 972708 These guys can dig holes to bury trash but I can't dig one small six inch wide hole?

Last edited:
They are not supposed to bury that trash. They should haul it away. Those guys are breaking the law!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back