Pirate Treasure-Trying to get a permit to dig up

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK great but how do you explain the malfunction of this unit that day? Human error or bad electronics?

I didnt mean it as a lecture. Just trying to be friendly. If there is a detector on the market that can differentiate between gold and other non-ferrous metals, I would like to know about it. As far as I know, it does not exist.

If no detector can differentiate between gold and other non-ferrous objects then I guess there was no "malfunction". The White's detector also said it was gold and the Garrett GTI 2500 also said it could be gold. As I have been told on here there is supposedly no detector that can guarantee that just because it thinks it is gold, there will be gold in the hole. As I have stated many times, that is why I dig so many holes and only find junk. If somebody has a sure-fire method please share it with us.

Thanks for your answer. I have no problem with using any detector that produces a response to
metallic targets. You said the White's told you the can was gold? Or was it a meter reading to the
far right with "gold" printed permanently on the inactive housing? Detector manufactures mislead
the public with that and have done so many years. Evidently it works.

It would not be a great selling tactic to put "aluminum can" there would it? Maybe a picture of
a Schlitz beer can with the paint peeling off. Buyers might be reluctant to buy something like that.
But putting "GOLD" there is like the suggestion of POPCORN might entice theater goers to run to
the concession stand.

Old hands know this and just ignore it. But you are learning as you go. Don't take all comments
personally or think of them as derision, more like learning tools.

Old hands know this and just ignore it. But you are learning as you go.

If you reread my initial post concerning the coke can you will see that I said the property owner was excited about the "gold" reading, but I was not. I am not as old of a leg as you but I have been around the block a few times and know that you can't believe much of what you read anymore whether it be on a electronic device or on the internet.

Last edited:
Its been said the Duke of Pahokee used a treasure psychic to direct his hunts.

Actually the "Duke of Pahokee" was an old man from Pahokee, Florida. He used a small fishing rod as a dowsing tool. He would attach a sample of whatever he was looking for to the rod on a short piece of fishing line. When pointed in the "right" direction, it would dip. I know this sounds a little crazy but it supposedly worked. It was with the Duke's rod that Ovid first dowsed. They used this rod to find the wooden ammo box that was supposed to be full of gold stuck in the roots of a tree overhanging the Peace River. I am not sure why ECS brought up the Duke's name.

I may use conventional methods, but the truth is I will give anyone and anything the benefit of the doubt. I like seeing things for myself.

Actually the "Duke of Pahokee" was an old man from Pahokee, Florida. He used a small fishing rod as a dowsing tool. He would attach a sample of whatever he was looking for to the rod on a short piece of fishing line. When pointed in the "right" direction, it would dip. I know this sounds a little crazy but it supposedly worked. It was with the Duke's rod that Ovid first dowsed. They used this rod to find the wooden ammo box that was supposed to be full of gold stuck in the roots of a tree overhanging the Peace River. I am not sure why ECS brought up the Duke's name.

I may use conventional methods, but the truth is I will give anyone and anything the benefit of the doubt. I like seeing things for myself.

Always wondered why duke didnt look for the box when it dropped into the river.

Maybe he didnt want to face reality?

They were two elderly men far from home, in a swamp, afraid of alligators and snakes, the rivers level was up and they decided to come back with a boat and a rope. Ovid never did and he only thinks the Duke did not come back. What is with the constant claim of people being afraid of reality? Ovid certainly wasn't and neither am I. I think you and your ilk are afraid of reality and that is why you don't give dowsing and LRL's an honest chance. When I prove they work, what will you all then say? I'm lying? I faked it? I am trying to scam someone? Let's face it, you all are scared you may be proven wrong.

The fact of you believing that an old man could put a wooden nickel on a fishing line to tell him where
other wooden nickels were is what is strange.

I havent read the entire book yet but didnt Ovid actually have his hand on the box while sitting on BDDs shoulders but the river current carried it away?

They were two elderly men far from home, in a swamp, afraid of alligators and snakes,
How big are your snakes?

python thanksgiving day 2013 resized.JPG

The fact of you believing that an old man could put a wooden nickel on a fishing line to tell him where
other wooden nickels were is what is strange.

When or where did I ever say anything about wooden nickels? Do you all make this stuff up as you go?

I havent read the entire book yet but didnt Ovid actually have his hand on the box while sitting on BDDs shoulders but the river current carried it away?

Obviously if you read any of it you did not comprehend what was written. You are not even close. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Actually the "Duke of Pahokee" was an old man from Pahokee, Florida. He used a small fishing rod as a dowsing tool. He would attach a sample of whatever he was looking for to the rod on a short piece of fishing line. When pointed in the "right" direction, it would dip. I know this sounds a little crazy but it supposedly worked. It was with the Duke's rod that Ovid first dowsed...
The Duke of Pahokee seems to have recieved that rod from an old mystic woman known as the Okeelanta Oracle,who if given an object like dirt,rock,or a branch from a site could tell if and what treasure was buried there.She also told stories of pyramids in the Everglades that were guarded by Skunk Apes,and have influenced L Frank Hudson's belief in and search for those pyramids.

I think vor is onto something. Maybe Rvid and the Duke were really shamen that had no use for
wealth and fame. I'll bet they are having a ball watching down on BDD's adventures. They knew
they wouldn't be there to help the boy along so they cleverly devised a quest to keep him busy
and healthy too. Digging holes all day is good for muscle tone and calms the nerves keeping the
evil spirits away.

The Duke of Pahokee seems to have recieved that rod from an old mystic woman known as the Okeelanta Oracle,who if given an object like dirt,rock,or a branch from a site could tell if and what treasure was buried there.She also told stories of pyramids in the Everglades that were guarded by Skunk Apes,and have influenced L Frank Hudson's belief in and search for those pyramids.

Could you post a source for this info? Quite interesting. Never heard of Okeelanta Oracle. I was recently given a copy of a Florida map with Franks Hudson's own written notes and it actually had the location of where he thinks the pyramids are in the Everglades. My Miccosuki friend has seen the skunk apes footprints. I was recently contacted by a member of the Seminole tribe that wants me to come down to the reservation as he has some places of "interest" to take me.

I think vor is onto something. Maybe Rvid and the Duke were really shamen that had no use for
wealth and fame. I'll bet they are having a ball watching down on BDD's adventures. They knew
they wouldn't be there to help the boy along so they cleverly devised a quest to keep him busy
and healthy too. Digging holes all day is good for muscle tone and calms the nerves keeping the
evil spirits away.

I have invited the "evil spirits" to come visit me but you three have turned me down.

Size does not always matter. A four foot water moccasin is a lot more dangerous than that ex-pet in the picture.
NO NO this is no ex-pet BDD. This is indeed a wild animal born in the wild. Burmese pythons have been breeding here in the wild for 10 years at least. Do you think I would be involved in the killing of someones pet? Thats me in the pic BTW. This is my job. This is where I work.

Sure Moccasins and rattlesnakes are also dangerous and need to be respected but its kinda silly to be afraid of an area that may hold snakes.

Last edited:
Obviously if you read any of it you did not comprehend what was written. You are not even close. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.
Actually I read very little. My apologies. Just not interested to tell the truth. THe book was purchased for me. And please stop being so rude and defensive. I was trying to be freindly here.

I seem to remember you telling a story of a box of some type of treasure that was just out of your reach and I also remember Ovid being on your shoulder in a river or vice versa. Hey maybe Im not even close because honestly it wasnt that interesting. I can be rude too ha ha. Well anyway if you want to tell the story again, here is your chance. Please enlighten me.

Hey dog what does it take to be your friend? I hold no grudge. Are you this rude in person?

Last edited:
NO NO this is no ex-pet BDD. This is indeed a wild animal born in the wild. Burmese pythons have been breeding here in the wild for 10 years at least. Do you think I would be involved in the killing of someones pet?

Sure Moccasins and rattlesnakes are also dangerous and need to be respected but its kinda silly to be afraid of an area that may hold snakes.

I was just funning ya about the ex-pet comment although you really have no way of knowing that it was not someone's pet released when it was smaller. It may be kind of silly to you to be afraid of a snake area but lots of people are scared to death of snakes of any kind. There are also lots of people that are afraid of roaches, mice, spiders, clowns, and who knows what else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back