Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well buoyed by my success at finding Jason's wife's ring at Huntington Beach The day before, I contacted another Craigslist poster .. from Newport Beach. The husband lost his platinum wedding band and I met with the wife, Cherene . I got there a bit early and actually found the ring about a half hour before she got there. Goes to show you posting the loss location can backfire on you if a real pirate shows up.

I put her husbands ring in a little bag of calibration targets I carry with me. It consists of very small, medium and large gold rings recently found. A lady close to where I found the ring saw me find it and her three kids were very curious about me and the detector. I showed them the ring and also my calibration targets. They were all excited and wanted to hear what my detector sounded like. This is actually a common occurrence with kids at the beach. Sometimes they follow me and I feel like the Pied Piper.

When Cherene arrived I showed her my calibration targets. I told her that these are gold and the last one is platinum. She smiled and said maybe I could give her that platinum one since it was so similar to her husband's. Then she saw my big smile. She said it's not is it? I said it was her husband's. Stunned is the only way I could describe her expression. I had forgotten my camera but she was glad to take photos and email to me. She titled my photo as Treasure Finder.

BTW..The beard in the photo is my playoff beard in support of the Los Angeles Kings Hockey team. It worked so well last year I decided to give them a little boost this year too. (So far it's working well). Go KINGS GO!

Two recoveries in two days amazes me! Gotta love this Hobby!

Attachments

• plat ring newport bch 29 may sm.jpg
    plat ring newport bch 29 may sm.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Treasure hunter sm.jpg
    Treasure hunter sm.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 0

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
That's Great! WTG!

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great story Dr. Joe,,I'll be coming to Cali Aug.12 so maybe we can meet up again and MD and have lunch!! My husband really enjoyed having lunch with you the last time:occasion14:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great PR for our hobby. Well done.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost teared up, you're a champ!

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Well done.
I tried for the one in Crystal Cove but there's way too much interference.
:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread