What's new

Poland looks Peacefull But Cold

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,782
Reaction score
76,181
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Untitledssaa.webp

Live view Zobacz Szczyrk, Kompleks narciarski Bia


apparently the polish people don't use sidewalks
Untitledffffffffff.webp
 
Last edited:
Why are the signs there in English?" Fashion Street"
712615d1355499326t-poland-looks-peacefull-but-cold-untitledffffffffff.jpg
Frank
 
I' was curious on that also.

this morning a car (van) drove out of it which was even more odd
Must be Parking garage between the to trees.

also noticed a Man walking with a Box on his head to hide his face.
a man or woman in a Bear costume
& Father Christmas (Santa With a Staph ? not a cane )
 
Last edited:
also a Hockey match going on Zobacz Pozna

if you slide the bar under the 4 images to the right there are more
 
now it looks like the kiddie slope, But that's out place.
at least put ski's on it :laughing7:


View attachment 713312

Untitledhhh.webp
 
Last edited:
Jeff, when you view those pictures, ABCnews.go.com puts cookies in your computer! Frank
The first time I tried to post this a message came up that said I didn't have permission????hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
Jeff, when you view those pictures, ABCnews.go.com puts cookies in your computer! Frank
The first time I tried to post this a message came up that said I didn't have permission????View attachment 713396

view those pictures ? I watch the videos. I love people watching :laughing7:

as for Cookies, frank, Cookies can be "ate" 8-) no idea on the permission thing, very odd
 
Last edited:
My son had a polish girlfriend and spent 2 months there in the winter of 2011. It is for the most part a very peaceful country. Capitalism is prevalent in many towns with malls and advertising in english. The one thing he remembers most (Besides the local Keilbasa and Vodka) is the strong sense of pride and heritage the Polish people have. Their country has been invaded many times in their history and they have monuments and sculptures everywhere to honor the people who fought and died for their freedom.
Too bad long distance relationships don't last. She was a sweet girl.
 
Jeff,

Enjoy the trip....have some polish sausage and beer for me while you're there....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
My son had a polish girlfriend and spent 2 months there in the winter of 2011. It is for the most part a very peaceful country. Capitalism is prevalent in many towns with malls and advertising in english. The one thing he remembers most (Besides the local Keilbasa and Vodka) is the strong sense of pride and heritage the Polish people have. Their country has been invaded many times in their history and they have monuments and sculptures everywhere to honor the people who fought and died for their freedom.
Too bad long distance relationships don't last. She was a sweet girl.

The Square in Kraków looked amazing at night, the building on the left lit up looked like a castle.
very odd they allow a TV screen with Advertising there

Untitled3456.webpUntitledwer.webp
 
Last edited:
Jeff,

Enjoy the trip....have some polish sausage and beer for me while you're there....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

LOL I wish I had the "Moola":tongue3: I'd spend a month there. of course I'd never sleep :laughing7:
 
Why are the signs there in English?" Fashion Street"
712615d1355499326t-poland-looks-peacefull-but-cold-untitledffffffffff.jpg
Frank

Everything that is "English" seems better. That is mainly a hold over from the 1990s and earlier when everything ended with "X" to make things sound Western, since there is no "X" in native Polish words.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom