Political forum free trial

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Total $$$grab.... It is what it is though, great ploy.
A disclaimer and a (Free) password wouldn't work eh?

Tell me something, will it be an even playing field?

Or will it be a one sided Gestapo type environment as it was before?

Us paying folks should have The Right to know eh?

Your gestapo comment is out of line...

Here are the rules for political forum agsin.....

I'm excited to announce that we are reinstating the political forum section, contingent on the following rules:

1) Before you may post in this section, you must acknowledge that you have read each of the rules below by commenting with your username below. Nothing more than your username is necessary or welcomed. Just type your username. That's all. Again...type only your name. I can't stress that enough.

2) This forum is the ONLY place on this website where it is appropriate to discuss things of a political nature. Posting of politics outside of this forum is not allowed. Any posts that are deemed to be political in nature will be moved to this section, and a warning issued. Several offenses will be dealt with by means of banning.

3) This forum will be largely unmoderated, which is to say while the normal rules of the forum apply here, it is understood that we are all adults and can deal with a spirited disagreement. Only administrators will moderate this forum, and it will mostly be me, FFarl. Moderators will be checking their badges at the door if they choose to participate in this forum.

4) No discussion of matters taking place in the general forums will take place here, and likewise, no matters from the outside will be discussed here. It is further against the rules to discuss a member in this forum who does not have access to this forum.

5) Posting physical threats against anyone (members, political figures, anyone) whether vague or otherwise is punishable by banishment, as is posting personal information about anyone that is not public knowledge. This includes anything a member does not disclose in their profile.

6) While access to this section is restricted to Charter Members, it is not to be considered a part of the Charter Member package. No refunds are given on Charter Memberships for any reason.

7) Use the "Report Post" feature only to report major offenses in this forum as petty disagreements will not be moderated here. If someone is found to be a nuisance because of constant disruption, or mis-use of the report feature, they will have their access to this section restricted.

8) "Thread derailment" and "Baiting" do not exist here. They will not be moderated on an individual basis. Again, if someone becomes a nuisance, they will eventually be dealt with.

9) If you disagree with the rules, the moderation, or anything that takes place in this section, you may choose not to enter this section. If there are particular topics you do not wish to see within this forum, you may choose not to click on them. No one will ever take away your right to not participate in a thread in this section, so please exercise it when necessary.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never found anything on TN that's bothered me not rules censorship ,banners ,buying ,selling,until now separate forum for charter shame perhaps a new sight all together payed membership only to keep out the undesirables

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
And I thought the drama was contained to everything else..bleh!
Since everybody seems to be voicing their opinions about the new cm forum, I guess I'll say what I think about the whole thing, and it echo's the baconator.
To me to hear no politics allowed on tnet for all this time, and the owners don't want it, then to point out hey, you can make money off the pawns, well somebody should be ashamed, puppets on strings, that's how I would feel.
That's the last thing I'll ever say again about this subject, really glad folks have to do something to see it, for people like myself that cannot just ignore a thread if you don't like it.

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never found anything on TN that's bothered me not rules censorship ,banners ,buying ,selling,until now separate forum for charter shame perhaps a new sight all together payed membership only to keep out the undesirables

Charter Member Forum has always been a paid forum and has been here for well over 10 years ....

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I thought the drama was contained to everything else..bleh!
Since everybody seems to be voicing their opinions about the new cm forum, I guess I'll say what I think about the whole thing, and it echo's the baconator.
To me to hear no politics allowed on tnet for all this time, and the owners don't want it, then to point out hey, you can make money off the pawns, well somebody should be ashamed, puppets on strings, that's how I would feel.
That's the last thing I'll ever say again about this subject, really glad folks have to do something to see it, for people like myself that cannot just ignore a thread if you don't like it.

Mike

Mike that isn't what you just said on another thread.....

To FFarl..I really appreciate you pulling strings, to give the Patriots a place once again to call home.
Happy Hunting.

Mike

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
some people won't be satisfied until you give the site to them, it seems.
You complained there is no freedom of speech until now they've given you a place to duke it out, and still some aren't happy.

Sheesh get over it.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Not everybody that participated in all that was interested in duking it out, some like myself just wanted to have a voice..an opinion, then were relentlessly attacked for their viewpoints, by people that only have the courage to do so behind their monitors, you know the ones that have to be better than everybody else, and even when wrong, they are always right due to their personal insecurities.

Mike

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being recently divorced, I just can't imagine why I would pay for a Charter membership so that I could go and argue some more? :icon_scratch:

No thanks!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Should a political forum be the only reason to pony up for a charter membership to offset site costs? Heck no. Should such a forum be kept out of general public traffic areas on a treasure site as is apparent after the volume of complaints? Yes. The compromise of its location is generating complaints for more reasons than supporting the site it seems. Should I renew it would not be to argue politics but if anyone recalls my prediction of the political forums results it happened so far there. Not bad but not what some envisioned either. Relax. At least T-Nets administration is trying and that is worth noting.It ain,t easy or all glory trying to please a diverse group. Keep offering solutions with your complaints and if patience holds out maybe change as it is inevitable will improve options rather than bias those who can change what goes here against trying to compromise. Supporting those who can make those changes will go farther than just voicing complaints alone. Put yourselves in a similar position. Fair? Happy Hunting all.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Should a political forum be the only reason to pony up for a charter membership to offset site costs? Heck no. Should such a forum be kept out of general public traffic areas on a treasure site as is apparent after the volume of complaints?

I agree. I pay for a charter membership because I enjoy this site, period. I would imagine that the old 2nd Amendment forum was disruptive to many pure treasure hunters who had no interest in politics. As non-charter members, they don't even see the thread listings, do not have to wade through the posts, and see nothing of the arguments.

And this protects them!

And it returns the right of free speech to those who are interested in these subjects. I was a charter member before I even noticed the 2nd Amendment forum.

As a revenue motivation? Hardly. So far I've only seen two or three sign up for charter membership just for access to the forum. Generation of money is NOT Tnet's motivation here, so get that out of your minds.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am still deciding if I should renew my charter. I was really upset when the second amendment forum closed and at that time decided against renewing. If I felt confident this new forum was here to stay I would renew right now. Seems to me the global warming forum is politics too. Just saying!

sent from a potato...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
FFARL did us a great service by providing this political forum to us. We owe him a BIG thanks. TH says the forum is here to stay, and with the rules in place as listed, there should be no reason to delete the forum again. Actually, the only arguments so far are between conservatives, and very few arguments. But even among conservatives, there needs to be disagreements. How else would we ever take an rational opposing viewpoint to better see all sides.

I agree with TH that the forum will stay. If not, even though I did think a few days before renewing my charter membership after expiration, I will still renew again.

Put yourself the the Admin's spot - we can't even imagine all the complaints they had to wade through, or how many bannings and time outs they had to issue. It took too much of their "enjoyment" factor out of their time spent here. I've noticed FFARL is a frequent visitor there - maybe just monitoring how it's going, but also keeping updated on what's going on in this political world. There is "education" there.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
FFARL did us a great service by providing this political forum to us. We owe him a BIG thanks. TH says the forum is here to stay, and with the rules in place as listed, there should be no reason to delete the forum again. Actually, the only arguments so far are between conservatives, and very few arguments. But even among conservatives, there needs to be disagreements. How else would we ever take an rational opposing viewpoint to better see all sides.

I agree with TH that the forum will stay. If not, even though I did think a few days before renewing my charter membership after expiration, I will still renew again.

Put yourself the the Admin's spot - we can't even imagine all the complaints they had to wade through, or how many bannings and time outs they had to issue. It took too much of their "enjoyment" factor out of their time spent here. I've noticed FFARL is a frequent visitor there - maybe just monitoring how it's going, but also keeping updated on what's going on in this political world. There is "education" there.

I agree for the most part and we do owe FFARL a big thanks. I was just really burned when the second forum went away but the global warming one is welcome to stay?? Why?

sent from a potato...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not in there yet.Got to busy straightening out my comp.My hard drive went this morning.It was only half full and i was getting messages that it had no space left,I had to switch over to the spare drive I have and set it up,so far so good.

Gee, we're not the only ones having computer problems?? I've spent half of the last 2 weeks trying to get all of them going here at the house!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am somewhat tempted, but also arm-weary from battling on political forums since...ohhh...whenever.

Maybe.

We are not trying to recruit members to politics forum, only stating that is where political threads belong now..

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not everybody that participated in all that was interested in duking it out, some like myself just wanted to have a voice..an opinion, then were relentlessly attacked for their viewpoints, by people that only have the courage to do so behind their monitors, you know the ones that have to be better than everybody else, and even when wrong, they are always right due to their personal insecurities.

Mike

Exactly Mike! The problem really starts when you voice your opinion. It invites someone to voice theirs. If that is too tumultuous it is best not to try it? After all, When you put it out there, you are the one starting a discussion.

How can you honestly think that once you have offered your belief that it just sits there without someone else having a differing viewpoint? And we are talking about insecurities of the people that respond to a rant?

Nonsensical. And, did you notice, it can even happen in a non political post. There are all manners of humans, how are we to agree with each other all of the time?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with you on that but since I just happen to know how others respond, sure voice opposing opinions but to do so in a highly disrespectful and outright hateful way, shows you are not looking for a good conversation, rather a punching bag since whomever doing so does not have the guts to talk to a persons face that way.
And people wonder why the kids nowadays are such hateful cyber bullies...hmm learned behavior from their parents.
Its a shame to, its great if people don't agree, but to slander and be a hater because of it ? Grow up.

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen this can be handled in private via pm, not on TN forums. It originated on another political forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread