What's new

Question about my nutting stone and lets see yours

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,492
Reaction score
895
Golden Thread
0
Location
md
Posted this earlier but now I'm questioning myself since it is small. Do you all think this should be called a nutter and let's see some of yours. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • image-1381421470.webp
    image-1381421470.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 137
  • image-2845615296.webp
    image-2845615296.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 121
  • image-2205177791.webp
    image-2205177791.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 117
  • image-1657774300.webp
    image-1657774300.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
OK Rock... a piece of Hide works just fine
 
I found these two pieces side by side earlier this year. I could not help but wander if they belonged together for fire starting. The smaller stone fits perfectly in the concave portion of the larger piece. I can't say for sure, but I keep these two together, incase I run into someone who does. Can't hurt any thing!

image-1294170509.webp



image-93788407.webp



image-2885934926.webp



image-3548995162.webp



image-1950385074.webp



image-1445818299.webp
 
000_0165.webp100_4039.webp
Posted this earlier but now I'm questioning myself since it is small. Do you all think this should be called a nutter and let's see some of yours. Thanks

I think yours is a platform stone used to hold another tool. I have a few like it. Nut stones had many cups in them like Gator showed. A lap stone can be large and scooped out.Both are cupped on each side. My Humble opinion.
 
Last edited:
the hole is to rough to be a fire starter handle
if it was a fire starter handle the inside of the hole would be polishing
I would say that its a nutting stone, but I like the ideal of a pecking tool too.
like a tool to make a axe .
 
i have found 1 fire starter handle in 40 years of hunting.
i wish i could get a picture of it on here.
my good friend had it sent to texas a&m and that what thay said it was.
took forever to get it back from them. thay wanted to keep it.
 
Last edited:
That would be real nice to see.
 
ill see if i can talk larson into posting a few of it.
i can email the pictures,just can't get them to work with tnet.
 
ill see if i can talk larson into posting a few of it.
i can email the pictures,just can't get them to work with tnet.

i will try to help out Mr. Natchy
just email them to me
you are a good man
steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom