What's new

"Quill polisher/flattner" ? ...maybe these pics will help in the ID..?

curious kat

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2013
Messages
2,302
Reaction score
2,824
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Quill polisher/flattner" ? ...maybe these pic's will help in the ID..?

...I took it out of the case & took these new pic's. It feels like "rock" not light like bone, but looks like bone, odd? That other "sharp" thing seems like bone. So, is it a "flattner"? And the other is a ? Thanks guys :) RSCN3855.webpRSCN3857.webpRSCN3834.webpRSCN3833.webpRSCN3850.webp
 
Upvote 0
Should i dig in the archives and pull up your posts and show everyone where you started?? Actually if anyone wants to see how he got his start please take a look back at Gator boys posts. Oh that's right ALWAYS LEARNING changed his name............
 
Last edited:
Still think it's an awl?
 
Still think it's an awl?

Actually to think it may not have served that purpose as well is the point I was trying to show you. Stay on course here! Did I not start by stating that there could have been more then one use for this piece? Did I not ask you to open your thought to that. Now Steve chimes in and said this could have been used as "All the Above" I never claimed expertise on Mandan Culture but I do know Artifacts! I employ logic when it deals with potential uses. You create absolutes when in this case it cannot be. That is the point I have tried to convey to you. Yet once again you attacked me for stating this. Just like with provenance yet both times I am right and with this artifact you could be right, just like the rest though. So me explaining this to you and telling you that there were a couple of uses caused you to once again start your sarcastic replies trying to make yourself look intelligent!! Intelligence is ALWAYS LEARNING!! GET IT!!!
 
Oh come on.
Your not made of glass.
Attacked you..really? That's funny.
 
Look at your posts!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom