What's new

RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
17a8065d83e7b3008105e20a1c11a51a.webp
 
i saw the girl before the car which is something since i'm a gear head
 
lol, me too bud. I can't name a single car part, but I love and appreciate the things.
 
lol, me too bud. I can't name a single car part, but I love and appreciate the things.
======

What ? ? ? When I was 16, I had already torn down and rebuilt many.
#1. was cars
#2. was playing in bands
#3. was girls
If you had a nice car, you had girls.
If you played in a band.................you had girls.
I was totally shy at your age so that may be why cars and music dominated my early life.
 
It's hard for me not to sound like a nutjob when I say this, but I live in the middle of NOWHERE. It's forty minutes to the closest town. I don't have a car, or a license, or any friends really.I have been alone, except for my brother and my family, for over 16 years. My mom is a type A, workaholic, who believes everybody else is just like her - therefore we work non stop. Arrowheads.com and Treasurenet was the thing that kept me from going insane. When I am not working, I am meandering off into the woods, walking sometimes for miles just to keep me occupied. This has formed me into a rock hard loner. At the two metal detecting events I have gone to in the past, I made sure I was at least 100 yards away from anybody else just so I could be alone. Yeah, I sound like a basket-case, do I?

However, when I joined Arrowheads.com last year, I began talking to people, though behind the safety of a screen. I can totally be myself behind this screen. When you read what I type, that's the inner me. If you ever meet me in person, you wouldn't recognize my personality in a million years. I am totally quiet, stay in the shadows and do things by myself. Good mountain man personality, not so much of a social type.

I loved cars since I was young, but of course I never learned anything about them. I just love the speed, the sound and the power. I've been into girls for as long as I care to remember. I just live too far away to do anything. And it's not like I talk much when I do see one. Only recently have I been bold enough to speak in short coherent sentences to them.
 
One of the biggest things I have studied is modern war (1861-present). I have made up my mind that if the U.S. goes to war, I'm going. If I'm goin' to go in a mortal sense, that's the way to do it. If not, I'll be a railroad worker. Either track inspector, conductor, brakeman or something. You wanna feel power? Get onto one of those things, yikes!
 
Yeh, the Corvette market is ALL over the board as far as years and prices. One day they are up, next day they are down. I bought mine just for the fun of owning one and I have never looked at it as an investment. I love to drive and will always get my moneys worth from it. Your Cobra prices seem fairly stable and a good investment. Did you ever make the direct connection between your Cobra and Jimmie Johnson ?
 
RR,

Over time you'll probably grow out of your shyness. Especially once you join the labor market and have coworkers to coexist with.
 
RR,

Here's an interesting article about HP of various locomotives.

https://www.thedrive.com/vintage/4608/the-9-most-powerful-locomotives-in-the-world

One of the biggest things I have studied is modern war (1861-present). I have made up my mind that if the U.S. goes to war, I'm going. If I'm goin' to go in a mortal sense, that's the way to do it. If not, I'll be a railroad worker. Either track inspector, conductor, brakeman or something. You wanna feel power? Get onto one of those things, yikes!
 
I have inside info on the operations...I got a complete Norfolk Southern rulebook, hazardous material placard identification, signals, switchlists, etc., an old CSX rulebook, and an older Norfolk and Western handbook.

They outline how to operate the locomotive, how much air you need, stopping distance, etc. I bought the two older books at a shop. Don't ask where I got the NS books, lol!
 
CSX conductor2.webp

This is a photo I took of a conductor riding a CSX locomotive.
 
Yeh, the Corvette market is ALL over the board as far as years and prices. One day they are up, next day they are down. I bought mine just for the fun of owning one and I have never looked at it as an investment. I love to drive and will always get my moneys worth from it. Your Cobra prices seem fairly stable and a good investment. Did you ever make the direct connection between your Cobra and Jimmie Johnson ?

No, we are thinking he must be a fan or friend of J.J.Someday I'll call the previous owner just for the fun of it:)
 
i once had a 36 hp VW kombi, it was fine unless you were climbing a hill with a headwind, then you got out and helped by pushing, sigh.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom