What's new

RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not a problem. I more or less want to learn more about them. There is a large amount of them and will take me years to figure everything out. With so of the knowledge in this group will help me speed up the process.

I just want to know how to post a thread. I am not seeing a make thread spot.
 
Preston,

Welcome aboard...there is a what is it forum which helps with iding items.

Here's the link:- When you get there top left says post a new thread....hit that button and post up your question with a picture or pictures of the swords/dagggers in question and you should get some answers. Good luck.

What Is It?

I am new to this sight. I am trying to post a large amount of swords and daggers that I found. To name a few knights of colombus (k of c), The pettibone bros 1860 staff officer sword, are the five out of fifty I have discovered so far. I would like to find some help and maybe even buyers for them.


View attachment 1738258View attachment 1738258
 
Preston,

Welcome aboard...there is a what is it forum which helps with iding items.

Here's the link:- When you get there top left says post a new thread....hit that button and post up your question with a picture or pictures of the swords/dagggers in question and you should get some answers. Good luck.

What Is It?

Thank you. I appreciate the help.
 
Sis, the movie was GREAT!!!

3 diapers was needed in this 90 Minutes! :laughing7:

And at least he got the girl :hello2:
 
RR,

Here's a link to a video about Blue Zones where a lot people a lot of live up to 100 or more mostly in good health.
There diet is mostly vegetarian with very little meat. And yes as you mentioned they are physically active which also helps a lot.

 
Last edited:
-

Son, Rusty´s abdominals are bullet proof! Just look at his pic again! :laughing7:

I work out every night before I get my shower.:laughing7:

GB, I have bullets too...they're just over 150+ years old!:laughing9:
 
i still haven't found any civil war bullets its killing me!
 
i still haven't found any civil war bullets its killing me!

Finding a bullet to me is the best feeling in the world. After digging the button in my avatar, I asked if I could go somewhere else to dig some bullets, lol! I love them, though I've only dug six. I collect them, that's why I have so many.

You should ask your mom or dad to sign up for Diggin' In Virginia, a invitational relic hunt. You'll find bullets there for sure.
 
that's a long way from TX i don't know about that.
 
that's a long way from TX i don't know about that.

Eh, good point. My parents say that my dad and I can't afford to go next year. I don't know...I'll get money somehow, and start walking! I am actually homesick for Virginia.
 
LMAO....Awesome pic RR.

RR.....be careful with any staged pics.....you should state that you cleaned the piece first and then placed it in the hole for photos or you will get many LMAO comments from some of the guys who know about patina and soil conditions. Also you never know who's lurking and just waiting to comment on things like this. Great find....I'm sure your excited at the picket post evidence in your own yard !!
 
Eh, good point. My parents say that my dad and I can't afford to go next year. I don't know...I'll get money somehow, and start walking! I am actually homesick for Virginia.



Well I come from the valley, I'm a rebel boy.
Born on the banks of the Shenandoah.
In sixty-one, I went to the war,
To win one for Virginia!
Ya my brother went first and they called me to.
I was green as clover in the morning dew.
So I marched to the drum and I sang to the tune.
Carry me back to Virginia!
Fire in the cannon, water in the well,
Raced through the valley with a rebel yell.
I learned right quick how to march like hell and affix that bayonet.
Won't ya carry me back?
Won't ya carry me back?
Carry me back to Virginia.
With a sword and a saddle,
Powder in the gun.
We thought for a minute our fight was done.
So they lined us up to the metals arm,
And hammered us into the quicksand.
Then they burned that valley in a blaze of fire,
Cut through the lands like a red hot iron.
Til the men took cover where the horses piled,
Then we shivered and then hold against them.
But the war raged on like flames of hell,
We dug through the pockets of the ones who fell,
Dressed in rags and we ate that grass
When they cut off our legs we cried!
Won't ya carry me back?
Won't ya carry me back?
Carry me back to Virginia.
Won't ya carry me back?
Won't ya carry me back?
Carry me back to Virginia.
And they died in the valley,
Died in the swamp,
On the banks of the river where the whitetail jumped.
Died in the ditches,
Died in the fields,
In the belly of a wagon for a woman's to heal
Died in the war,
Starved in the camps.
Locked in the prisons of a meaner man.
Spilled our blood in the fight to defend
And to bury the tome of a-dixieland!
Down in Alabama,
Down in Caroline,
Way down in Gerogie, on the Tennesee line.
We fought for the rebels, and Robert E. Lee,
Now we want to go home to Virginia.
Say we want to go home to Virginia!
Won't ya carry me back?
Won't ya carry me back?
Carry me back to Virginia.
Won't ya carry me back?
Won't ya carry me back?
I wanna be buried in Virginia!
Source: LyricFind
 
Last edited:
RR.....be careful with any staged pics.....you should state that you cleaned the piece first and then placed it in the hole for photos or you will get many LMAO comments from some of the guys who know about patina and soil conditions. Also you never know who's lurking and just waiting to comment on things like this. Great find....I'm sure your excited at the picket post evidence in your own yard !!

Didn't think about that one, thanks for the heads up!
 
RR,

True what Bart stated about pointing out the find was cleaned and you didn't take an in situ picture as found. Otherwise there could be hints it was a doctored find.
 
I am new to this sight. I am trying to post a large amount of swords and daggers that I found. To name a few knights of colombus (k of c), The pettibone bros 1860 staff officer sword, are the five out of fifty I have discovered so far. I would like to find some help and maybe even buyers for them.


View attachment 1738258View attachment 1738258

That's awesome. Can you provide the exact location?:laughing7:
 
RR,

True what Bart stated about pointing out the find was cleaned and you didn't take an in situ picture as found. Otherwise there could be hints it was a doctored find.
To be truthful, I wasn't thinking rational thoughts at the time, lol! I was just so excited, I didn't think to leave it in the hole uncleaned, and just run in to grab my camera. It was an afterthought.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom