3cylbill
Bronze Member
treasure huntings a bitch......At least you admit it’s a scripted fictional show with bad actors
treasure huntings a bitch......At least you admit it’s a scripted fictional show with bad actors
riches and youthIt's amazing to me that grown men are looking for something they don't even know exists. Their looking for what...?
maybe..... JUST MAYBE they .....know something that you don't know and choose not to tell the worldIt's amazing to me that grown men are looking for something they don't even know exists. Their looking for what...?
They sure do... They know how to make money off of a hope and prayer. But the difference is the world knows advertising is paying them. If they know about a treasure I wouldn't tell the world either. The gravy train would dry right up....!maybe..... JUST MAYBE they .....know something that you don't know and choose not to tell the world
I am not upset . . . except with the narrator and writers on the Oak Island TV series. "A piece of wood? Found in the ground? Could this be from the True Cross?" Bollocks. Just pointing out that Oak Island is the most searched and least productive plot of land on Earth.why are you so upset because somebody looks for treasure .? are they after your treasure sites ? would you rather they look at what your doing or digging up an island ........... I love oak island..
I am not so sure that statement would ring true... really? if all the stories of them each getting paid 100k per episode and 25 episodes per year thats like 2.5 million a piece with the Laginas retaining royalties and producing added on top of that... I am of the belief that whatever was there is long gone so from my view all they are doing is helping to document the history of that area. So with that in mind if i was one of them there is no way i want to find ANYTHING substantial otherwise i would be bake to looking for a job. I believe Marty and his partner really were the only ones wealthy so i can't see any of them wanting the gravy train to come to a end. Hell even Rick was nothing more then a Posty and he's probably now got more cashola then he has ever had...For the Laginas it would be different. They'd want to be able to say they found it more then they'd care how much it's worth
You should be happy there waisting there time on oak island and not looking for your spots..I am not upset . . . except with the narrator and writers on the Oak Island TV series. "A piece of wood? Found in the ground? Could this be from the True Cross?" Bollocks. Just pointing out that Oak Island is the most searched and least productive plot of land on Earth.
It might have been easy to recover and that is why no one we know of has found it. It's already gone!!Just curious. I’ve watched the show and was wondering.
Why would someone bury a treasure and make it so damn hard to recover if they wanted to recover it in the future. I’m reading the book “The Curse of Oak Island” by Randall Sullivan. Good book and I know there is speculation that Capt Kidd buried treasure there but again why the elaborate burial of a treasure if you may come back in the future to recover it. Obviously if Capt Kidd did bury the treasure and he wanted to reclaim in at a future date regardless if he knew its exact location it would be very difficult to reclaim. Agreed?
Travis
Just like previous hoaxers, the laginas will say anything hoping to get another season of the
So...your jealous...?Just like previous hoaxers, the laginas will say anything hoping to get another season of the curse of oak island.
Your assuming it's hard to recover. What if there is a tunnel at the far end of the island that gradually slopes down all the way to the treasure? There is on the OI map a "trap door" at the opposite end. Open the door and walk in to get your booty.Just curious. I’ve watched the show and was wondering.
Why would someone bury a treasure and make it so damn hard to recover if they wanted to recover it in the future. I’m reading the book “The Curse of Oak Island” by Randall Sullivan. Good book and I know there is speculation that Capt Kidd buried treasure there but again why the elaborate burial of a treasure if you may come back in the future to recover it. Obviously if Capt Kidd did bury the treasure and he wanted to reclaim in at a future date regardless if he knew its exact location it would be very difficult to reclaim. Agreed?
Travis

I stiil enjoy reading Treasure island...If you have ever watched a real archeological dig it is like dentistry. They use little tools and go very, very slow so as not to disturb artifacts and the matrix around them. Every object of note is photographed and mapped to know exactly the orientation and depth. What is going on at Oak Island is more like digging a home foundation, drilling a water well, or strip mining.I think of Oak Island now more like a Televised Archeological Dig that is a weekly show when it runs... Whatever was there has probably disappeared many years ago but story carry's on and little by little we know more about the History of that Area of Nova Scotia... nothing more nothing less..