Ship Bell Found

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Records in Jamaica were destroyed when the Earth Quake and tsunami wave Destroyed Port Royal. The original town is now under 20 feet of water.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1692_Jamaica_earthquake
Many people were sucked into the ground and one fellow was sucked in on main street then ejected from a well 2 miles away.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all of them and many more were compiled after the earthquake....its a small little brick building with rotting and moldy sheaves of paperwork. And I know others who have gained access to this data.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why there is only a partial list of the ships involved. Many of those went rogue to become true Pirates after that because of Peace between Spain and England and hit reefs up and down Central American coasts.

Last edited:

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent the summer of 1982 there with Texas A&M, it is an incredible site. The main archives are in nearby Kingston, we had a student who didn't dive and he spent all his time there.

WD

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20191105-152109_Chrome.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's plenty to be found there....just a suggestion and much easier and affordable than havana or spain. Heck...theres plenty to find without going there and just searching on line !! I'm all done with this thread and have said enough. I have tried to answer the original question posted and think I've contributed enough time and effort to this thread. I will lurk and post likes from here on out. Have at it boys....I'm not going through the effort to track down this ship, boat, or canoes name. I've answered salvor6 question. Agian....decorative band of acanthus leaf common to the baroque era. a common motif still in use today and dating back as far as Greek times...many meanings too. I've got my own galleons to research so I'll post the likes when I agree......peace out boys and girls.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's plenty to be found there....just a suggestion and much easier and affordable than havana or spain. Heck...theres plenty to find without going there and just searching on line !! I'm all done with this thread and have said enough. I have tried to answer the original question posted and think I've contributed enough time and effort to this thread. I will lurk and post likes from here on out. Have at it boys....I'm not going through the effort to track down this ship, boat, or canoes name. I've answered salvor6 question. Agian....decorative band of acanthus leaf common to the baroque era. a common motif still in use today and dating back as far as Greek times...many meanings too. I've got my own galleons to research so I'll post the likes when I agree......peace out boys and girls.

lol.. "common motif"... heh

:P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why there is only a partial list of the ships involved. Many of those went rogue to become true Pirates after that because of Peace between Spain and England and hit reefs up and down Central American coasts.

Ding Ding Ding ! ! ! Winner winner chicken dinner.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol.. "common motif"... heh

:P

BB you deleted the like ? hmmm what happened me friend ?

Disliked after liked ?

No card... no flowers... no love... no like.

Bah... that's why there is Rum. :)

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that better brother !! Although we dont agree all the time your still my brother from another mother. Come down and dive brother !! !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll give the like even though your laughing at me....consider that like my flowers bro !! When I say common motif I mean across the spectrum....carving, painting, sculpture, architecture, furniture making....etc etc...and even some naval and military aspects also. The reason it's hard to find a match is because every artist will have his own creative freedom with that design element !! I know this because....I'm an artist too. So carry on my friend and find a ship name for us. I've added what I can, hope its helped a little in this mystery. I have my own treasure mysteries to chase that are much more important to me than this.....you know what I'm up too !! The effort it will take to pursue this will take money and time far beyond a google search at this point. This has been an armchair pursuit just for fun....skream1 will have to take it to the next level now....I've only tried to help by pointing out some places to continue the quest. It will take boots on the ground now for me so I'm out. No offense was meant my friend. Continue on and good luck to all parties interested....I'm off to fry my own fish......HEH !!

Skream1

Apr 6, 2019
Detector(s) used
n/a
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. I think it would be so much better to have found on paper, a suggestion of a wreck location. In this case, I was not looking for the artifact at all. I was actually looking for something else and happened across something that caught my eye. I do have some background in wreck searching and location, and several degrees in history; which I enjoy as part of a hunt for something. This was ass backwards. And, no I don't know exactly what it is and which ship it came from. That said, in doing research and from reading material, even on this site, it seems that many people have their own agendas, so I'm very protective, but wish to get back and do some further investigation on site.

Skream1

Apr 6, 2019
Detector(s) used
n/a
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The leaves may be Acanthus leaves, or Acacia and in some church symbolism mean immortality. I'd rather that the artifact was not so much church associated though, since that does not bode well for significant other finds. I have researched some cannons which were decorated with Acanthus leaves prior to the 1700s when such decoration was curtailed to streamline production during periods of war when more guns were needed. You might look at the Rochefort foundry in France to see some examples. I return to the site in the next couple of months for further exploration/investigation. And, yes, it would be nice to find the topper, although I suspect it was broken as the ship foundered.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The leaves may be Acanthus leaves, or Acacia and in some church symbolism mean immortality. I'd rather that the artifact was not so much church associated though, since that does not bode well for significant other finds. I have researched some cannons which were decorated with Acanthus leaves prior to the 1700s when such decoration was curtailed to streamline production during periods of war when more guns were needed. You might look at the Rochefort foundry in France to see some examples. I return to the site in the next couple of months for further exploration/investigation. And, yes, it would be nice to find the topper, although I suspect it was broken as the ship foundered.

And I may be a frog.

Three words.

Figment of imagination.

Unfortunately... even though this is "fall"... those are not leaves.

Seems my words amongst the jibber have fallen upon deaf ears.

Hence.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you still hanging with Kermit?

If your real name is Kermit... then the answer is yes... :)

Hey... btw... I am surprised to see that you have not weighed in on this thread at all.

I know these sorts are not your speed,,, but obviously you have been a reader.

Besides... I think this bell proves the Beale Code is real. lol :P

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB you deleted the like ? hmmm what happened me friend ?

Disliked after liked ?

No card... no flowers... no love... no like.

Bah... that's why there is Rum. :)

Awww ;) i'm sure Black will call or text. Someday.
Anyway, what is your current opinion on the bell if I may ask.
And what might it be worth? What someone would give for it, I guess. But what would you ask for it?

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
That said, in doing research and from reading material, even on this site, it seems that many people have their own agendas, so I'm very protective, but wish to get back and do some further investigation on site.

So why can't you confirm or deny the dimensions of the bell that @Salvor6 posted a while back? That doesn't jeopardize anything that might justify being protective. And it lets the people here include or eliminate entire classes of bells.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread