What's new

Show me something Im bored

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surly you have a favorite artifact you love to share? The grass is long in the fields and the creeks are covered with leaves. I am bored to death around the house so bored I went and mowed all the leaves and dead grass. So show me a favorite it can be recent or something from the past you found or bought I dont really care but it has to be a artifact or something related like a book on artifacts. So lets see something!!! rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10061.webp
    SDC10061.webp
    355.2 KB · Views: 192
  • SDC10385.webp
    SDC10385.webp
    333 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0
These 3 came from the same creek even though they are 1000,s of years apart. I found the 2 points the same day on the same gravel bar.
 
Sure- my precious, found on an Atlantic beach in 2013. IMG_0002.webp A 1774 British gold guinea.
 
Poor guy, bored bad huh. Here is something you may not have seen. These are antler digging stick handles from GB. Long one is elk brow tine, it has a little bit of incising on it,just lines around the end. It also has red ochre in the end. Rest are buck antlers, not sure if one on far right is though. seems very smooth for antler.
 

Attachments

  • group antler handles.webp
    group antler handles.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 144
  • end elk .webp
    end elk .webp
    19 KB · Views: 138
  • worn through handle back.webp
    worn through handle back.webp
    60.7 KB · Views: 142
  • antler in hand.webp
    antler in hand.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 153
Here you go Rock , these are my favorites all personal finds over many years of enjoying this great hobby. Wouldn’t sell them for all the money in the world ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512010307.494866.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512010326.524799.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512010346.448673.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512010356.740482.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512010375.284843.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512010393.933830.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512010409.118695.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512010426.603060.webp
I believe the last pic to be a pendant it’s made of soapstone and you can see drill marks inside ... anybody seen anything like it ?
 
I feel so for yo' bodum that I'm gonna let you look at my ho'!

The very first artifact that I ever found.

hoe.webp hoe1.webp

hoe2.webp hoe3.webp
 
...then there's this little LeCroy that my son found when he was about 10 years old.

lecroy.webp
 
The wife found this a couple days ago. Her FIRST one! Found in SW MO.IMG_20171127_183638[1].webpIMG_20171127_183655[1].webp Posted in Todays Finds a couple days ago.
 
I don't have much but you are welcome to look at them.
 

Attachments

  • `points 1.webp
    `points 1.webp
    425.4 KB · Views: 137
  • points 2.webp
    points 2.webp
    361.6 KB · Views: 144
  • points 3.webp
    points 3.webp
    419 KB · Views: 118
  • points 4.webp
    points 4.webp
    366.4 KB · Views: 131
Love that red one in the middle!!...What stone?
 
38638dcfb51639974000135f43b7e0d4.jpg


Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
IMAG2493.webpStoic figure at the Flint Ridge Museum
 
Dougherty County, Georgia.
 

Attachments

  • Flint River Point 10-8-2016.webp
    Flint River Point 10-8-2016.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 130
Love that red one in the middle!!...What stone?

I can honestly say that I don't remember. I was told a long time ago but promptly forgot! I think it is a form of coastal plains chert.
 
Some nice ones posted already I just figured the site was so slow for posting artifacts recently that there was many people in the same struggle that Im in waiting on a good rain or something to get turned. We got rain today but it wasnt enough to float a thing but on another note I did see the farmers turning some fields so maybe I will be able to find something soon if a good hard rain comes. Keep posting you favorites I like seeing them, rock
 
Here is another couple of my favorites. 2015 was my best year so far so most of these are from then.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10013.webp
    SDC10013.webp
    365.3 KB · Views: 119
  • SDC10015.webp
    SDC10015.webp
    352.4 KB · Views: 108
  • SDC12485.webp
    SDC12485.webp
    976.3 KB · Views: 116
  • SDC12488.webp
    SDC12488.webp
    960.8 KB · Views: 110
A waco sinker from a year or so ago. Found in North Sulphur River, Texas
 

Attachments

  • IMGP3882.webp
    IMGP3882.webp
    134.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMGP3880.webp
    IMGP3880.webp
    147.9 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom